PDA

View Full Version : You thought that $140K Mopar was alot of money...

DirtyMax
05-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Check out this 27 (yeah, I said 27) Original Mile 70 Chevelle SS 454/450hp :wooo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6164&item=4551982208&rd=1

BAD LS1
05-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Its a nice "survivor" car thats original and un restored... granted REAL LS6 70's are rare.. but its not worth 400,000...

If this car was fully restored and detailed it might be in the area of 200-250,000... Its got the wrong tires on it (original poly-glas in trunk), overspray from rust proofing under neath...

Restorations really make the cars value jump, we had that hugger orange X11 69' Yenko Camaro... that doubled value after restortion. Paid 75K for it un- restored with 16K miles... then it sold for 165,000 after it was restored and it was one of one with a Y23 interior option in any 69 Yenko camaro(ugly wood grain on dash).

Also that build sheet is too prestine and white... LOL every one i see was really yellow and brittle whenthat old...

The guy proabably just made a new one (which you can get )if he did in ded have the original, people do it with window stickers all the time.

jbiscuit
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
a guy by the name of Marv Richter in Racine has some of the cleanest, unrestored 70 Chevelle SS's I have ever seen. He has like 3-4 or them. Just loves those cars. He had one that had about 1,900 miles on it. Bought it new. He was really good friends with a friend of mine's dad. The cars don't come out...EVER. We were lucky a few years ago to go to his house and see them. He does have one that he drives occassionally...its a 35,000 mile original unrestored car too. The Ebay car is nice but agreed, its not rare enough to pull those $'s. If it was a Yenko car or something HIGHLY desirable then maybe

BAD LS1
05-26-2005, 11:01 AM
a guy by the name of Marv Richter in Racine has some of the cleanest, unrestored 70 Chevelle SS's I have ever seen. He has like 3-4 or them. Just loves those cars. He had one that had about 1,900 miles on it. Bought it new. He was really good friends with a friend of mine's dad. The cars don't come out...EVER. We were lucky a few years ago to go to his house and see them. He does have one that he drives occassionally...its a 35,000 mile original unrestored car too. The Ebay car is nice but agreed, its not rare enough to pull those $'s. If it was a Yenko car or something HIGHLY desirable then maybe

We had a leMans blue 69 Yenko Chevelle prior to that orange yenko... It sold for 70 and it was restored.... not as popular as the camaro's :(

DirtyMax
05-26-2005, 11:15 AM
In reading how he answers the questions, he is a real dickwad. Couple that with his price and he really wants to keep this car!! :goof

Al
05-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Garage queens suck.

Then again, who am I to complain...that astro hasn't left the property in over 2 years...