PDA

View Full Version : Warped Formula hood?

fireboverd
05-23-2005, 08:44 PM
I recently tracked down an early 70's formula hood (functional :headbang ) for my car and not having a truck to haul it in/not wanting to damage it I just drove my car over without a hood and was going to bolt it on right there. I got the thing on and closed it to find that both rear corners of the hood stick up about 1-2 inches above the fender. We messed with it for a good two hours taking out all the weatherstrip, hood bumpers, air cleaner, and even hinges and the still about the last 5 inches of the hood curves up too high. All other areas fit fine. Has anyone ever had a problem with something like that? It is a fiberglass hood by the way.

TransAm12sec
07-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Weird,

What year bird is it going on?

PonyKiller87
07-15-2005, 08:38 AM
My hood kinda does that too on the Iroc, its only maybe an inch or so up in the back. But thats what happens when you forget to put the hood pins on and take off down the road. Hood flies up and you get a nice warp.

If that hood was stored standing up I would imagine that over time it would bend like that, kinda like when you leave a pool cue leaned against a wall for too long.