PDA

View Full Version : *New Event* >>Slicks only<< night at GLD!!!

TuffEnuff
05-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I am starting a new program at GLD which for now is called "slicks only" night.

Date: Thursday June 30th

Time:
Gates open at 3

Racing starts *AT* 4

Racing ends at 11....possibly 12 if there's a lot of cars/people there.

Cost:

Racing = $40 (yes, it's more than normal but, I'm gonna spray the **** out of the track with VHT...make sure you're ready for it)

Specating = $12

This *IS* a test and tune event...however, I may allow some street racing to take place...*IF* it's a REAL race.

I will also be giving away FREE RACING PASSES all night long to those people who do impressive things down the 1/4 mi. (like longest burnout,fastest ET,highest wheelie, longest wheelie...ect.)

Whats allowed:

ANY car with slicks
ALL bikes (they can have a street tire because they dont make bald spots on the starting line)

Tires allowed: M/T Drags,M/T ET street,M/T Drag radial,Goodyear slicks,hoosier slicks,firestone slicks and BIG BFG DRAG RADIALS

Tires NOT allowed: Nitto's (yes, they make bald spots), radial street tires of any make or model.

Let me make this clear.... *I* am renting the track for this...*I* have final say over what goes on and what doesnt. If you are running a tire that tears up the starting line then, *I* will tell you to change them or stop racing.

I *WILL* have clocks off lanes open along with CLOCKS ON lanes too.

"Clocks off" will NOT be an extra charge...you just need to be CLEARLY marked that you dont want your times shown.

I *MIGHT* run a quick 16 race during the night too. I will let you know about it closer to the date.

any questions?

Who's goin'?
:alcoholic

TuffEnuff
05-20-2005, 11:16 PM
This is a night for the "BIG DOGS" to get their stuff dialed in....I am going to prep the track like it's NHRA Nationals!!!

Street tire turds can race all the other dates

SLOWC5
05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I cant wait, I will be there, Thanks Tuff. I know a lot of people looking for these days, hopefully more will come

JEFF

Prince Valiant
05-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Are whitewall snow tires kinds of slicks? :durr

TuffEnuff
05-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Are whitewall snow tires kinds of slicks? :durr

ummmmm......no. :goof

nitrous
05-21-2005, 01:55 AM
How can a drag radial be allowed at a "Slicks ONLY" night? Regardless of any marks it leaves.

SloFarmTruck
05-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I think your question can be answered by the fact that "Tuff" is renting the track for the night. He know what he want to set up and by renting the track can do whatever he wants. :thumbsup

Crawlin
05-21-2005, 10:06 AM
I will 100% be there.

Tuff this is awesome!!

Finally keep those street tired, let's just go WOT and tear up the track prep, people at home!

Irish
05-21-2005, 10:12 AM
I have no stickies yet if I do I will go but, alas I will still be slow. If I don't count me to watch you guys haul ass! Either way I am there!

y2kws6
05-21-2005, 03:43 PM
DANM-IT!!!! I go to the desert a week before this otherwise I would be there in a heart beat. Damn war, maybe next time.

Dan

carbon04
05-21-2005, 07:41 PM
4 30" slicks is gonna be expensive :wooo

SmokinRAM114
05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
ill be there spectating for sure :headbang

Daytonapacecar959
05-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Will a FWD Grand Prix with Hoosier QTP's on the front and radial's in the rear be allowed?

TuffEnuff
05-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Will a FWD Grand Prix with Hoosier QTP's on the front and radial's in the rear be allowed?

Hmmmm...thats a tough one....I tell you what, I'll let it slide and see what it does to the starting line.*IF* it causes a problem I may ask you to change them or stop running...IF you have to stop running for the day, I will get you a comp ticket for another day's T&T.

If it DOESNT cause a problem on the line....then all is good with me. Is that fair?

Daytonapacecar959
05-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Hmmmm...thats a tough one....I tell you what, I'll let it slide and see what it does to the starting line.*IF* it causes a problem I may ask you to change them or stop running...IF you have to stop running for the day, I will get you a comp ticket for another day's T&T.

If it DOESNT cause a problem on the line....then all is good with me. Is that fair?
Sounds fair to me

Brian98GTP
05-22-2005, 05:07 PM
If I can make it, I'll have QTP's or M/T ET Drags on the front, with radials on the rear like what Fred will be running.... If somehow it messes things up for the 'Big Dogs', Im fine with getting a free ticket and just watching... ;)

Great event.... Im looking forward to going! :thumbsup

fly5150
05-22-2005, 08:33 PM

Ok so are the Hoosiers the issue or the radials on the rear. I was planning on running my BFG drags on front with radials on rear... can you clarify?

theavenger333
05-22-2005, 09:28 PM
i would almost guarantee its the radials, with VHT, you'll get flat spots with radials

Corvette Jabo
05-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Aqua Treads?

TuffEnuff
05-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Aqua Treads?

Um...no.

Syclone0044
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Coming up next week Thursday! I'll BE there :D

fly5150
06-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Is anyone planning on going..... nothing has been said in quite a while. Is it still happening???????

Brian98GTP
06-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Yep... still happening...

I wont be there... I never ordered my Slicks.... :chair:

Hopefully this kind of event will happen again when the weather cools down a bit.... :)

SLOWC5
06-29-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm going to look at a house tomorrow, I need new slicks after last months track outing.

TUFF PLEASE provide more days like this in july or august :thumbsup

JEFF

Syclone0044
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I will definitely be there.

Just look for the guy wearing the STRYPER T-shirt :rockwoot: