PDA

View Full Version : Ive been scammed on ebay!! Now what?

GTSLOW
05-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Ok I bought (april 20) some blazer composite headlights from this guy on ebay-> aplus276

Well I sent the money order on april 22nd and waited. Well no reponse for a long time. Then come mid may I get two alerts for the headlights saying I am a non paying buyer!!!! So I email the guy and he says he hasnt received payment. So I go to the bank and sure sh(t it was cashed on April 29th!!!!!

So for the past week we've been messaging back and forth and I keep getting the same "I dont think I've received pmt"!!! :rant:

Well now I look at his feedback (which wasnt bad at the time of the purchase) he's got 24 negative feedbacks for this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

What am I supposed to do?

btw they're item numbers: 7969171656 & 7969171549

Also we've tried calling the phone number but the operator says it doesnt exist!!!

PonyKiller87
05-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Was it a U.S. postal money order? if so there is a number on the recept or online that you call and report it as mail fraud. If its not U.S. postal there should still be something like this. Email the guy a pic of the thing from the bank showing that hes cashed it. Tell him if you dont have your parts or a refund in 2 weeks youll notify ebay and the bank. If you have proof, ebay is pretty good about helping you out.

theavenger333
05-21-2005, 01:29 AM
money order gives reciepts, which like he said above, can prove cashing. lesson learned? only use paypal or another transfer service with insurance

GTSLOW
05-21-2005, 05:00 AM
money order gives reciepts, which like he said above, can prove cashing. lesson learned? only use paypal or another transfer service with insurance

Ya I always use paypal. But this douche bag used some gay azz bid pay that denied my payment?

https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

Looks like I'll have to make a mail fraud claim!!! I just need a way to find the guys name :( The money order was made out to automotive plus.

pOrk
05-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Paypal isnt safe either, and when you get ****ed on paypal, Paypal will NOT give out seller/buyer information. I got screwed out of 900 bones and PayPal wont even give me the guys name :fire

SmokinRAM114
05-22-2005, 12:24 PM
iv had this happen before. a guy had a bmx frame on ebay my lil bro wanted. no reserve we ended up getting it for like $200 the guy came back and said he was not goin to sell it cuz his girlfriend put it on there (BS)my dad already sent the money for it through paypal. well after like 2weeks it still had not been shiped so we got ahold of the guy and said that we never paid for it and he was not going to sell it anymore even though we already won/bought it..my dad got the receipt and on ebay there is a complaint thing and u can report bad buyers/sellers. it says pretty much everything that can go wrong and you just click on what happend and follow the steps. EBAY took care of everything and we got the frame a week later.

SmokinRAM114
05-22-2005, 12:29 PM
i think this is the link u need.good luck

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html