PDA

View Full Version : Local Hemi Cuda on eBay, Buy it now: $140k

Teufelhunden
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Kilpatrick 6o4 Hemi

Hemi Cuda on eBay $140k (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4551273104&category=6409)

1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible 604 c.i. 6-speed

1 of 12 from the factory (Originally a Barracuda Grand Coupe Convertible 318 c.i. 3-speed)

I am listing this for the owner (who is the third owner of this fine vehicle)

* 604 cubic inch (10.0 liters!) Hemi
* Indy Cylinder Head 426 Legend Aluminum Heads
* 10.5 to 1 forged pistons
* Mopar Performance Mega Block
* Custom oil pan, with external sump
* Hemi K Frame with Hemi type engine brackets
* IHC aluminum raised 4 barrel intake manifold
* Polished aluminum valve covers
* Special order 1380 CFM 4 barrel Demon Carburetor
* Electric fuel pump with stainless steel braded hose
* Sump in gas tank with extra bung
* K&N air filter
* Huge TTi exhaust system with 3”custom stainless steel thru the valance exhaust tips
* MSD electronic ignition system with billet distributor
* MSD 2 step Rev limiter with additional RPM chips
* Aluminum Radiator
* Premium Aluminum water pump
* Electric fan with thermostat
* Gel battery
* Chrysler police alternator
* Roller Cam shaft
* Richmond 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive
* Pistol Grip with correct 6 speed inlay
* Short Throw shifter with New chrome plated Pistol Grip
* 11 inch Centerforce dual friction clutch
* Custom fabricated 11” Mopar big block bell housing
* Dana 60 with 3:73 gears (From V-code 1970 Challenger )
* Sure Grip in rear axle with chrome cover
* 1 ¼” front and rear sway bars with poly inserts
* Gas shocks (For sports car like handling)
* E-body big block torsion bars and rear springs (Super Trac Pak)
* Power Wildwood 4 wheel Disc Brakes
* Wildwood 4 piston fixed calipers
* Calipers Safety Wired by an QC engineer
* RARE Original E body Hemi vacuum power brake booster
* Front rotors are cross drilled
* 17 Centerline Billet wheels
* Michelin Pilot directional tires
* Elastrometric front bumper
* 15” NOS Hemi fenders
* Fender mounted turn indicators
* RARE Rim Blow steering wheel with Barracuda fish inlay
* Aftermarket quick ratio manual steering box for tight sports car like handling.
* Rally Dash (yes the clock even works)
* 15” Rally Wheels with correct argent center caps (included with sale)
* 1970 NOS “Go Wing”
* NOS Cuda “Red Bar”
* “HemiCuda” emblems
* Complete Shaker hood assembly with original parts not repro (included with sale)
* Alpine AM/FM with 6 CD Changer, Alpine AMP
* FREE delivery within 500 miles of Waukesha Wisconsin!

There are so many more custom features on this car it would take pages to describe. This car was special ordered as a 1 of 12, 318 3-speed Gran Coupe convertible. It was purchased in 1994 by the current and third owner of and immediately striped for a 2 year spared no expense ground up rotisserie restoration. Very few body parts are aftermarket reproductions. The rear deck lid and the fiberglass hood are the only items that were not either NOS or original used Hemi parts. Although the hood is a one piece fiberglass reproduction, a complete original shaker hood is included with the vehicle. The shaker hood is finished in C7 “In Violet” to match the paint currently on the vehicle. Some fabrication will be required to adapt the base plate to the MASSIVE 604 c.i. (THATS RIGHT 10 FULL LITERS) Street Hemi engine! Runs high 10s ¼ mile on pump gas and street tires at 125 MPH with a 2 second 60 foot time! MANY upgrades have been performed to accommodate the 10-liter engine. Indy Cylinder Head 426 Legend Heads. Heads and Intake could be sent back to ICH for additional work to produce up to 100 more horsepower! Additional parts included are a chrome front bumper, original fenders, grill and headlight bezels, complete shaker hood, shop manual.

This car was always kept in heated and humidity-controlled garage. It was never driven in rain or snow since restoration and is rarely driven at night. It has never been in an accident.

The current owner spent over $100,000.00 on the restoration. ASE certified mechanics did all work. In fact the shop owner personally assemembled and fabricated many of the components of this car. The entire Unibody was tied together on the rotisserie with 1 gauge heavier steel than originally made with. This car goes down the road straight, no rattles or squeaks. Since the frame is tried together it is very tight and handles well and rides great.

All of the original paperwork is included in the sale, the contract, bill of sale, and sales brochure, even the broadcast sheet. The fender tag was missing on this car and is not included.

This is an A+ TYPE car. A lot of Barracuda’s out there are made with cheap aftermarket reproduction parts. Look carefully at the photos. Some cars out there have a painted dechromed front bumper or the wrong mirrors, steering wheel or center caps or trim. Some have cracked front valance insert. NOT THIS CAR! This 'Cuda is also a driver. It is ready for cruising, racing or showing this summer. It normally takes 1st at shows and dyno shootouts! There are not many cars on the street faster than this car! The only items that are non-functional at this time are the windshield wipers and the parking brake and fuel gauge-sending unit. Parts will be included to repair the wipers only. A power wire will need to be ran to the fog lights (road lamps.) A bracket will need fabricated to make parking brakes functional and you will need to replace the sending unit in the fuel tank. If you have any questions please contact him at (262) 544-4647.

This vehicle is being sold AS IS. No warranty expressed or implied. Bid with confidence and have the ride of your life this summer! A $2000.00 non-refundable deposit is required within 3 days of auction end. Balance due prior to shipping or pick up. Seller will not accept PayPal or any other buyer service. This vehicle is for sale locally so we reserve the right to end this listing early. Shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Seller will transport the vehicle to a local shipper within 500 miles of seller’s location. Seller prefers that a personal inspection take place prior to shipping. You are welcome to call the seller for a personal inspection if you are serious about purchasing this vehicle. SORRY for this part but… this auction is a binding contract. Deadbeat bidders will be subject to Ebay policy discipline and possible legal action.

DirtyMax
05-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Good Lord!! :drool:

NoJoke83
05-20-2005, 06:29 PM
sounds like that price might be a little on the steep side.......

SMOKDU
05-20-2005, 08:05 PM
high 10's with a 2.0 60ft. i want to see the time slip. sounds not true to me. maybe he used tho :rolf se tires also

JC70SS
05-22-2005, 03:55 PM
That price is :rolf Maybe an ORIGINAL 426 hemi with the original block, tranny, etc. I believe times. A 496ci chevy can touch ten's with damn good 60ft.

Prince Valiant
05-22-2005, 04:09 PM
That price is :rolf Maybe an ORIGINAL 426 hemi with the original block, tranny, etc. I believe times. A 496ci chevy can touch ten's with damn good 60ft.
Unfortunately, mopar prices have really taken off. Even well done clones have commanded over 150+G's...

...which makes even the run of the mill slant six cars more expensive now if you can simply slap together a clone and come away with a hefty profit :(

GTSLOW
05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Looks like a nice car. Thats one of like two vert cudas I've ever seen (in wi). :thumbsup

Dunno bout 140k tho.

Teufelhunden
05-22-2005, 09:39 PM
1970 Hemi Cuda, $177k reserve not met (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550666972&category=6409)

1970 Hemi Cuda, $175k with 25 bids (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550100835&category=6409)

I heard of local Hemi Daytona going for $700,000 this year. The market has gone crazy.