PDA

View Full Version : Who to complain to about WI taxes?

GTSLOW
05-20-2005, 03:18 AM
Well I guess you could say I'm fed up! Everypay check I get from 90-120 taken out for state taxes!! Now being in the military I beleive that they should apply to me. I've also found out that theres only a few select states that actually deduct from military members (my luck wisconsins one of them).

Another thing that tickets me off is I'm not even in the US nor have I been for almost a year :mad:

I dunno I guess its not alot of money but it adds up to over a grand each year, and it sucks seeing most other states dont tax military people.

So who should I write? I doubt it will do anything but I can atleast say I tried :(

y2kws6
05-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Nan, are you in a hostle area? Do you ever go into one? If you do that entire month should be free of all taxes. All you need is one foot on the ground at any point of the month. Other than that I know what you mean. For me though the past year they were only able to collext on 5 months of taxes for me :headbang They think I only made 22 grand last year too, lol. You don't get much back from taxes then also :( . I guess it all evens out.

Dan

Al
05-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Complain to Doyle.

All of your money goes into MPS and Welfare, both of which have failed!

Flight_740
05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
I miss Tommy

Teufelhunden
05-20-2005, 02:58 PM
I miss Tommy as well....but it was a tax hell back then too. I owed on my State return one year while I was in living out of state in the Marine Corps. I was speechless.

BTW IL Vets get a free college education when/if they get out PLUS use their GI Bill money...WI has some grant money but nothing like IL. WI residents are taxed higher than IL residents...makes sense.

:whip TAX HELL :devil

Silver03SRT
05-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Well they take taxes out if you are in hostile area but you get a check at the end of your term in the amount of taxes you paid. You might see a check not sure though.

Teufelhunden
05-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Well they take taxes out if you are in hostile area but you get a check at the end of your term in the amount of taxes you paid. You might see a check not sure though.

Since when? I'll have to look at my LES's.

EDIT: You're in the WI State Guard right? Might be different.

Silver03SRT
05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
No im not but thats what a friend of mine told me when he went to iraq. Not sure if he was feeding me a line though.

Teufelhunden
05-20-2005, 03:51 PM
My bad...its the other Neon guy thats in the WI Guard. ;)

USMARINE1108
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
No, you just don't pay any taxes at all when you're in a combat zone. As soon as we went through the Suez Canal, we were tax free until we went back through it. You don't get a check back, you just don't pay them at all. With 7 months in a Combat Zone last year ( 7 months no taxes ) I got $160 back from WI this year when I filed. And oh yea, IL and TX don't even pay the $1,200 into the GI Bill, all their school is free. I'm not sure about taxes though.

Teufelhunden
05-20-2005, 04:10 PM
IL service members still can pay into the GI Bill and collect benefits while attending school for free. Win-win for them.

Cryptic
05-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Alot of my friends when I was in the Navy changed their address to FL. Wish I would of. No state taxes. I think Montana is the same way.