PDA

View Full Version : Need Lt-1 Help

NoJoke83
05-18-2005, 01:49 PM
my 94 Z has a very weak spark on #6 & #8 cylinder.....these are the two on the passenger's side rear.....is it possible that the coilpack is failing causing both of these to get weak? i have good compression, new wires, new plugs, but they are still weak.....im not familiar with the dura/opti-spark workings so any advice would be great....also does anyone have an opti-spark unit for a 94 lt1????

414-507-8884

Firefighter Z
05-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Sounds like your Opti-Spark is going.... You can try a coil pack to see if maybe that is your problem but I would highly doubt that it is.

What you can do is check the connection of spark plug wires to the opti spark, they ay not be connected to the opti all the way.

SloFarmTruck
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
MSD blaster 2 coil was the best mod i made to my '93 LT1 car. i agree to look into the spark plug wires and making sure they are attached all the way at the OPTI-SPARK. remember there aren't coil packs like on an LS1, just one single coil. hopefully you get it worked out

CrawlinZ

Prince Valiant
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Ls1 swap!

ZING! :goof

NoJoke83
05-18-2005, 03:06 PM
so...this is what i need to replace eh?....is it difficult?

SlowStee
05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
MSD blaster 2 coil was the best mod i made to my '93 LT1 car. i agree to look into the spark plug wires and making sure they are attached all the way at the OPTI-SPARK. remember there aren't coil packs like on an LS1, just one single coil. hopefully you get it worked out

CrawlinZ
:confused dude your LT1 musta sucked..Best mod? :confused

An aftermarket coil wont do ****...any SES lights nojoke?

SlowStee
05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
so...this is what i need to replace eh?....is it difficult?
time consuming is the best way to describe it

NoJoke83
05-18-2005, 03:10 PM
no lights flashing on the dash whatsoever and they are not burnt out......

SloFarmTruck
05-18-2005, 03:11 PM
:confused dude your LT1 musta sucked..Best mod? :confused

An aftermarket coil wont do ****...any SES lights nojoke?

how fast have you gone? that's right, i went quicker with just a muffler, K&N, coil, and shifter!

that stock coil keeps cutting out above 4500-5000, soon as it was replaced with the MSD, went right up to 6300 w/o hesitation. your ignorance about it keeps you slow

CrawlinZ

I just might need to buy an LT1 car so I don't feel disgusted that all you slow guys are classified under the "4th gen f-body" name as well. all your 13 sec head/cam cars, some even with built motors, then you got the sprayed ones half way through the 12's, all the while brandon's full weight Z with a small ass cam and stall went a full second quicker, for shame....

SlowStee
05-18-2005, 03:45 PM
how fast have you gone? that's right, i went quicker with just a muffler, K&N, coil, and shifter!

that stock coil keeps cutting out above 4500-5000, soon as it was replaced with the MSD, went right up to 6300 w/o hesitation. your ignorance about it keeps you slow

CrawlinZ

I just might need to buy an LT1 car so I don't feel disgusted that all you slow guys are classified under the "4th gen f-body" name as well. all your 13 sec head/cam cars, some even with built motors, then you got the sprayed ones half way through the 12's, all the while brandon's full weight Z with a small ass cam and stall went a full second quicker, for shame....
Your a ******* idiot :rolf

SloFarmTruck
05-18-2005, 03:55 PM
hahaha.

that's the BEST you could come up with wasn't it? it's ok to feel inferior. you just might get to relax and not stress out about it anymore and be able to live a normal day.

I still wish i had that car, cause i'd drag your head/cam/stalled ass down the 1320 with it

SlowStee
05-18-2005, 04:14 PM
hahaha.

that's the BEST you could come up with wasn't it? it's ok to feel inferior. you just might get to relax and not stress out about it anymore and be able to live a normal day.

I still wish i had that car, cause i'd drag your head/cam/stalled ass down the 1320 with it
Thats all I can say..Cuz You talk so much **** I dont know where to start, or what you are even talking about :rolf :rolf

Firefighter Z
05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
My first time changing out the Opti Spark took me about 3 hours cause I was new to the LT1...
Since now that I dont it about 4 times it takes me about an hour or 2 tops.

Just take your time and you'll do fine.

Josh

NoJoke83
05-18-2005, 09:54 PM
My first time changing out the Opti Spark took me about 3 hours cause I was new to the LT1...
Since now that I dont it about 4 times it takes me about an hour or 2 tops.

Just take your time and you'll do fine.

Josh
thanks!!!----seems everyone else just stole my thread..

SloFarmTruck
05-19-2005, 08:05 AM
thanks!!!----seems everyone else just stole my thread..

yep