PDA

View Full Version : Strike Three

Silver350
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
My bad luck continues.... I was rear ended yesterday when stopped at a red light waiting to turn right by a 17 year old. Damage done to the truck... Roll pan is bent/twisted and the Left Corner of the truck has a dent. The other drivers tercel didnt get any damage done to it. I wish I would of had the stock bumper on my truck. My back is a little sore today but not as bad as my normal back pains. So off to the body shop my truck goes.

Flight_740
05-17-2005, 12:06 PM
insurance?

FANAT1C
05-17-2005, 12:14 PM
If insurance, definitly get him for personal injury too! ;)

Silver350
05-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes I am going through insurance. No I am not going after him right now for bodily injuires. I was fine yesterday I am just sore. I have more pain in my back when I hurt it doing something. It just feels like a muscle is tight.

BAD LS1
05-17-2005, 12:18 PM
The little bastard would still have indent marks from my hands around their neck today Scott if i were you :fire

Silver350
05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I really dont care anymore. I been through so much BS with that Thing I wouldnt care. I just wish he would of hit me hard enough to total it.

Flight_740
05-17-2005, 12:26 PM

You are the reason insurance is so expensive. :fire Why claim it if he is not hurt? Stupid

Flight_740
05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes I am going through insurance. No I am not going after him right now for bodily injuires. I was fine yesterday I am just sore. I have more pain in my back when I hurt it doing something. It just feels like a muscle is tight.

Nice to see. :thumbsup Walk it off and you will be fine.

Silver350
05-17-2005, 01:10 PM
That is what I was thinking. I would hate for someone to sue me for a minor musle tightness. It is common after an accident. I want this stuff resolved quickly not in three or four months.

y2kws6
05-17-2005, 02:06 PM

I don't care if you can walk it off. Go to the doctor and have him check you out. You do not need to sue him at all. It is part of their coverage to make sure you are ok. If you are, no harm done, if you are not now or later-on, at least then you had a doctor check you out and make notes. There insurance will cover the bill.

Jacki got screwed out of thousands of dollars because she didn't go through a doctor and then when it continued, she didn't get a lawyer (no money out of her pocket) to follow the right proceedure. She still has pains to this day and we ended up having to pay some of our own medical bills even though she was stopped in traffic and the woman rear ended her at about 35-45 MPH.

Get checked out, please.

Dan

FANAT1C
05-17-2005, 02:06 PM
You are the reason insurance is so expensive. :fire Why claim it if he is not hurt? Stupid

Expensive :confused Try having a clean record and being an older age. Rates arent that bad and I even have upgraded coverages of 500k.

If you want to settle fine but all I was saying is to inform them of possible injury. You can get the insurance to pay for the repair of your truck (property damage) and keep the body injury part open just incase. If you dont feel addtional pain in a week or 2 then simply close it not asking for additional money. If you settle/close a case its done, it's very difficult to re-open or to add an amendment to the case. I say this just because I was involved in a similar accident a few years back (light damage) and I closed the case fairly quickly. Got the car fixed & didnt claim bodily injury cuz I didnt think I was that bad. Later a couple weeks after the claim was settled I tried to get them to cover some medical visits and they denied due to it was settled/agreed already by me. I didnt have the extra funds to hire a lawyer to fight it so here I am now dealing with occasional lower back issues.
So BlownGTP next time please get some info on a character before you bash him on the internet! :flipoff2:

FANAT1C
05-17-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't care if you can walk it off. Go to the doctor and have him check you out. You do not need to sue him at all.
Get checked out, please.

Dan

Well said.

Flight_740
05-17-2005, 03:00 PM
look at this post again and tell me how exactly I can look at it any other way. You said "get him for personal injury too" I dont mean to jump down you throat But sue happy people piss me off. Sorry if I have misunderstood you.

FANAT1C
05-17-2005, 03:13 PM
look at this post again and tell me how exactly I can look at it any other way. You said "get him for personal injury too" I dont mean to jump down you throat But sue happy people piss me off. Sorry if I have misunderstood you.

OK I guess. Thanks for the appology. We cool?

Flight_740
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
OK I guess. Thanks for the appology. We cool?

:thumbsup of course

Anyways, hope you truck isnt too bad. Good luck.

Ricky Bobby
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
hey scott sorry to hear about the truck again stop by and i can finish it off with my crown vic if u like :thumbsup :goof