PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Stang?

50notch
05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey this is Andrew just woundering how many people have seen a turbo 5.0 or have one. im looking to put one on my 91 notch back and just dont know where to start! What size do you think i need, what brand? if anyone knows anything about this pleas let me know. i want to do this year or over the winter! should be on hwy soon! Nothing special....302ci new berrings, rings, E-303 cam, Pete Jackson geardrive, Air Gap intake, 600cfm carb, weld rims, NOS super powershoot w/purge, HEI, 4.90 gears in a 8.8 hooked up with lakewood traction bars, trunk mount bat, b&m ratchet shifter on a AOD But looking to do a t-56 swap in the near future with the help of my buddie josh AKA irish! :headbang

GTSLOW
05-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey this is Andrew just woundering how many people have seen a turbo 5.0 or have one. im looking to put one on my 91 notch back and just dont know where to start! What size do you think i need, what brand? if anyone knows anything about this pleas let me know. i want to do this year or over the winter! should be on hwy soon! Nothing special....302ci new berrings, rings, E-303 cam, Pete Jackson geardrive, Air Gap intake, 600cfm carb, weld rims, NOS super powershoot w/purge, HEI, 4.90 gears in a 8.8 hooked up with lakewood traction bars, trunk mount bat, b&m ratchet shifter on a AOD But looking to do a t-56 swap in the near future with the help of my buddie josh AKA irish! :headbang

Search around on google. I know theres several companys that make bolt on kits for 5.0s!

Crawlin
05-16-2005, 05:19 PM
god there are so many companies out there making kits. even a whole website dedicated to those making a cheap "junkyard kit". do the searching on www.corral.net as well as www.turbomustangs.com should be a plethora of information over there.

Chris

cookie monster
05-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Well, first off your gonna want to change your camshaft selection.. as well as the gear drive. and face it, ratches suck. try a b&m pro stick or similar.... As for the actual setup. you could probably peice a kti togeather if need be. First start with a boost retard setup, MSD has them for about $150 used, will wire into most common HEI dists. Then a boost sensative FPR to add more fuel under boost, especialy if you decide to stay with carb. And you might want to consider a bigger carb if your goning to run serious boost numbers, Also, get your self a blow through carb, or just build a box to completely contain your exiasting carb... the rest is pretty simple, turbo headers, turbo, piping ext. but that should be a start. good luck!

UnderPSI
05-18-2005, 12:56 AM
should be a plethora of information over there.

Chris

Ha, you just said Plethora!

10secgrosrygetr
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey Andrew its keith just so you know i have a lot of crap im getting rid of cause i sold mine but i was making a turbo set up on my stang so just gime a call if you need anything i jsut need to get rid of it. I need to get my grand national done!!!!!!!!

68RR440
07-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Holy old ass thread batman! :stare

GTSLOW
07-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey Andrew its keith just so you know i have a lot of crap im getting rid of cause i sold mine but i was making a turbo set up on my stang so just gime a call if you need anything i jsut need to get rid of it. I need to get my grand national done!!!!!!!!

:wtf

Slow Joe
07-04-2006, 03:51 PM

Dude, wtf, were you bored?? This thread is over a year old! :rolf :rolf

sidewayzbimmer
07-04-2006, 04:44 PM
ITs dead!

sidewayzbimmer
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
But hey i think a few years back someone was looking for a huffy mountain bike tire.... i found one of those. Now who was looking?

BadAzzGTA89
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
But hey i think a few years back someone was looking for a huffy mountain bike tire.... i found one of those. Now who was looking?
:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :thumbsup

T-Bag
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
IT LIVES. FIRST POST. Booyashaka