PDA

View Full Version : Parting out 2wd '94 S-10 Blazer

70 Rat
05-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I am parting out a '94 S-10 blazer. I need the rolling chassis, and brake booster. It's a 4.3, 2wd 4dr...let me know if you need anything.

Jim

Poncho
05-17-2005, 12:41 AM
what's your number??? I got a beat up '92 that could use alot of ****.

or call me 262-707-5634

I got a roar underhood, possibly the ps pump. I need a better grille, maybe bumpers, could REALLY use a few interior pieces, and possibly the odo, if it's the 110mph version.

is it red??? hope so....

70 Rat
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you. The truck is white, gray interior. I will have to check the speedo...don't know what it goes to. What's your name, so I can give you a call. It may be a day or two. The engine is a vortec 4.3. Let me know what you all need and I will take a look and see what's all in good shape ( front bumper is a little bent up).

Jim

Poncho
05-20-2005, 01:26 PM
my name is Dan.

things I Need:

Front grille
parking lamps (possibly)
either the PS pump or the alt.
if it's got the rear wiper, mine's dead.
does it have foglights?
my HVAC control (ac/heat etc.) is broken, I really need that.

lucky guy I got the shittly 4.3 TBI

maybe could use wheels/tires

got a bug shield/deflector on it??

post up a pic of the truck so I can see how bad it is.

I wonder what I'd have to do to change to a Vortec SFI system..... :shades

theavenger333
05-20-2005, 01:58 PM
change the heads around as well as the intake Dan, i had the Vortec

70 Rat
05-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Hello, sorry again for the late reply. I will get out there and look at the items you have listed. I will call you either later on Saturday or Sunday.

The grille is cracked, but not missing chunks. I will check the other parts. Wheels are spoken for. I have the alt & P/S pump. Don't think it has the rear wiper. I am not trying to get rich off of this thing ( like I could), just figured someone else may need parts too.
Jim

Poncho
05-21-2005, 09:17 PM
thanks for the call, unfortunately I'm stuck in Kaukauna all weekend for training for work.

I'll do some research as to what's worth grabbing for my blazer, heads, etc. if the position of the components on the front of the motor are in the same locations, etc.

I know for sure the vortec blazers rev @ least 500+ RPMs higher, and pulls a hell of a lot harder, cuz I'm usually manually shifting mine since I can't stand it popping out of 1st @ 30 and out of 2nd @ 55, when it's still got more pull to it.

if the powertrain is good I might consider pulling the whole engine/pcm from your truck. I assume it'd be as simple as changing the harness and PCM.

i'll contact you this week.

Al
05-21-2005, 11:53 PM
How about that 4.3?

I'm just prospecting right now for some possible plans for my astro. It would be good to have a second block to f with so I won't risk messing up the original. This would also mean that I can drive the existing one till I want to do a swap.

theavenger333
05-22-2005, 02:51 AM
Vortec 4.3, (W code motor) 190HP 265lb/ft, i do believe the other one (Z code motor) is 165hp, 200ish lb/ft.... i ran a 16 flat with my old one, with an intake and a flowmasta muffler

Al
05-22-2005, 04:08 AM
Mine is the 150hp/230 ft lb version.

So, what is the difference?

I remember someone saying that the major difference was a roller something in the engine. I know that all of the 4.3s were roller cams, so it could be a roller rocker. But don't take my word for it.

If the difference is in the heads (better) or the fuel sustem (no octopus), it would be worth taking a look at for the Al'stro, IMO.

70 Rat
05-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Everything under the hood is still intact. I got the truck from my dad's friend, he got it for parts from someone else. Supposedly, it has a bad water pump. The column isn't in it to hear it run. I can say that the oil does appear to have gas in it, like it was flooded..that's all I really know about it it has 130k on it. I have the wiring...everything. I don't care if one of you wants the top end and the other the bottom end of the engine, however it will probably take me a couple weeks or so to pull the engine. I guess I need to know how serious everyone is before I go out there and tear things apart.

414-380-9822

Jim

theavenger333
05-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Mine is the 150hp/230 ft lb version.
So, what is the difference?
I remember someone saying that the major difference was a roller something in the engine. I know that all of the 4.3s were roller cams, so it could be a roller rocker. But don't take my word for it.
If the difference is in the heads (better) or the fuel sustem (no octopus), it would be worth taking a look at for the Al'stro, IMO.
the astro had another different variant of the 4.3 than the S-Series vehicles. the heads are different, don't know what about, as is the fuel system...

70 Rat
05-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Looks like the engine is sold. Anyone else need anything ??

djbuschke
06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
my girlfriend is looking to give hers a facelift and she's got nasty tan interior and i told her i could swap hers to a different color if she wanted. so i'm keeping my eyes peeled for a whole interior.
her blazer is a '99 though. don't know if things changed much between then and now. what kind of shape is your interior in? sunroof?
thanks (and how much would you be looking for it all?)