PDA

View Full Version : Cheap audio

lotsals1
05-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Ok so i went to checker to get a new tranny filter --i get it -no biggie -i see all this ghay audio crap --so i look and i see these red aluminum rubber surrounded 8 inch subs --I look at one and i was suprised to just how beefy these lil buggers were --hmmm 14.99 and a lil box for 4.99 so anyways i bought 2 and the cheezy lil boxs -i figured that they could go in my work truck if they sucked --so i hooked them up in my T/A and driveing about 200 into the set --Omfg! do those lil things hit hard and tight --i have them crossed over at 50hz --these things hit harder than my 10inch polks --and not only do they hit hard they are loud as hell too. I can say I am very impressed with my 40$ investment --and they are dual voice coil and i am running them on one--but oly shiit --and the whole setup weighs only like 12lbs --i bought 2 more for spares but i pounded these things for 2 hrs no problems driveing them with +1 volt on my preamp- i dumped all 4volts into them and they took it! Great score imo :headbang They are made by roadmaster - I shiit you not these things whale

awsomeears
06-26-2005, 11:10 PM
haha

I had some OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! school 6 x 9's from them in a box and they sounded great :thumbsup

Ill check checkers out :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I used to work for checkers when we started carrying those subs. We started with 15" subs and could not keep them on the shelf. Everyone kept asking for 10's and 12's. I am glad that you are happy with your purchase as that was one of the decideing factors in me leaving the company. That and the fact that we sold electric and gas scooters, go karts, trycicles. It turned into Toys R Us all of the sudden. sorry about the rant, just disgusts me when an Auto Parts store carries more toys than actual car parts.

Flight_740
06-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey, whatever makes money.

SloFarmTruck
06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
thats exactly it. The mark up on some of those products is through the roof.

pOrk
06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
ROFL

I gotta hear these :headbang

MoreTorque
06-29-2005, 04:58 PM
I used to work for checkers when we started carrying those subs. We started with 15" subs and could not keep them on the shelf. Everyone kept asking for 10's and 12's. I am glad that you are happy with your purchase as that was one of the decideing factors in me leaving the company. That and the fact that we sold electric and gas scooters, go karts, trycicles. It turned into Toys R Us all of the sudden. sorry about the rant, just disgusts me when an Auto Parts store carries more toys than actual car parts.

I thought the same thing when I worked there....