PDA

View Full Version : I better enjoy the 1 night off from work I get a week this summer...

SRT4ME
05-09-2005, 07:54 PM
...cause it might be a while before I get another summer here at home. Like 2007. :(
http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/may05/324587.asp
I don't have a problem being activated at all, part of me is actually excited for my chance to serve. But it sounds like we'll be going with an Infantry Brigade that needs fillers to get to 100% strength, and that means my Field Artillery Battalion serving as Infantry soldiers. Since there really is no need for FA in Iraq lately. :goof
Well, hopefully I don't get forced into o.t. at Miller EVERY Sat night, but it looks like I will be right up to the point that I'll (likely) be getting mobilized. Gotta love being the new guy.
Oh well, could be worse, this could be my 2nd time being sent already :durr
-Jason

nismodave
05-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Thank You for Protecting our Country. :usa

I hope you get to kill some terrorists.

Remind me to buy you a beer whenn you get back. :alcoholic

Teufelhunden
05-09-2005, 09:22 PM
I think we all should buy you a beer BEFORE you go....BCM.com going away party. :thumbsup

Three words to focus on while you are overseas: tax free income

Semper Fi

Kevin_315
05-09-2005, 11:19 PM
hey man take care i hope that you are alright the whole time your over there. I had the privilage of meeting you in person and chatting with you a few times, your a cool guy. :thumbsup we should have a little get together or something before you get sent out. thats if they send you.

animal
05-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Same advice as I tell all my other buddies that went...

If some crazy lookin arab guy is running at you, shoot first, don't take chances over there.

y2kws6
05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Been there two times already and will be going one more late June. Maybe I will see you there...that would be weird. My planes are the ones that take you into the deeper part of IRAQ or where ever you are going into. Best of luck man, you have it harder than I do down in the field. But we are all away from our families just the same.

Dan

Silver03SRT
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Jason hope you stay safe over there. But it doesnt look like they know for sure that you are going. My friend who is in a differnt unit as you will be comming home for a week this friday. I remember telling you his unit got called.

T-Bag
05-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Good luck over there. A good friend of mine is in mosul right now, at least it's not baghdad.

PB86MCSS
05-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Stay safe, I wanna line up with the nations fastest stock SRT sometime ;) :goof . Seriously though, thank you for serving this country and hope youre back soon. :usa :)

SRT4ME
05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Stay safe, I wanna line up with the nations fastest stock SRT sometime ;) :goof . Seriously though, thank you for serving this country and hope youre back soon. :usa :)

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone! :)
I still have no idea when I may be getting deployed, but we were told to expect orders as early as June, but VERY likely sometime in the next 90-120 days no matter what.
And If u wanna run'em when I get back, Paul, r u sure 2007 is enough time for u to get one of those things into the 13's? :goof ;)
Cause I plan on finding one of the new SRT-4 ACR's (used, of course) when I get back. Automobile magazine ran a 13.9@105 1/4 w/one (can u say no launching skills?), so I foresee a 13.5 stock SRT on stock tires in my future. :D
-Jason

PB86MCSS
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Sure, some excuses for not running me, like going to off to fight some kind of war in Iraq ;) :rolf ....jk :usa:.

And If u wanna run'em when I get back, Paul, r u sure 2007 is enough time for u to get one of those things into the 13's?

Ouch. If 1/4 times were vital to me, the SS would be running somewhere in the 12's by now, if not squeeking into the 11's perhaps, who knows :shades :headbang , but its not the most important thing. Kinda sucks dividing funds into 2 cars as well...but its also fun to split the attention up.

SRT4ME
05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Ouch. If 1/4 times were vital to me, the SS would be running somewhere in the 12's by now, if not squeeking into the 11's perhaps, who knows :shades :headbang

I thought u were the one calling me out here, Paul? :confused :rolf
And I'm right there with ya too on the 1/4 times being low on the priority list. Then again, I think that's obvious when I'm still stock and on street tires. :goof

Silver03SRT
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM
:chair: jason is the guy in red the iraqies is the guy in blue. have fun jason and stay safe