PDA

View Full Version : The marquette "GOLD" ?!?!?!?

animal
05-05-2005, 07:23 AM
What The ****!?!??!?!?!

Who the **** is on the board of overpayed rich-guys there that decided on this? And what in sam hell are the choices they DIDN'T like? Surely they must've been better than "GOLD"

That doesn't even make sense. Why not just call them "beer" since at least that's a local industry. \

Sorry this is just the gayest thing I've seen all day. :gay :sgay :sgay

DirtyMax
05-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Heard this on the radio this morning too.... how dumb :chair:

Prince Valiant
05-05-2005, 08:12 AM
If they weren't going to do warriors, I was kind of hoping that they'd go back to the "hilltoppers" at least :(

wikked
05-05-2005, 08:21 AM
go to JSonline (http://www.jsonline.com) and vote/check out the poll results... :punch:
What the hell is the mascot going to look like ???

animal
05-05-2005, 08:23 AM
ha.

PARALYZER
05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Super Duper Gay. I am sure Marquette is the laughing stock of the NCAA

animal
05-05-2005, 08:33 AM
I think I've officially found a nickname more lame than stevens point's :)

PB86MCSS
05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Pointers, ha.

Just chant and call them the Warriors, f-whatever they are officially. The Golden Eagles was kind of a lame name, but Gold takes the cake. Might as well call them the Marquette Poopstains. Hopefully they change back to the Warriors sooner than later, they are losing alot of Alumni money because of this.

Prince Valiant
05-05-2005, 08:47 AM
You know, it's just one of those things that when I read many of the student and professor comments, it gets my blood boiling :fire

They put up several comments of "it's a victory for marquette" or, "anything is better than warriors", so on and so forth. The fact is, MOST native americans don't care that a college or a highschool uses a native america mascot or nickname...they just don't care.

Instead, who is it that cares? People who crave attention and power. People who claim to speak for a WHOLE RACE of people, when in fact, they only speak for themselves...and use poor logical reasoning to support the claim of how a nickname may "offend" them.

But you can't say that their logic is flawed, or that they DO NOT speak for a race of people, why? Because then you're labeled "racist", "bigoted", "prejudiced", "whatever-a-phobe", so on and so forth....and pretty soon, you can expect the campus radicals to throw eggs/pies/whatever at you.

If one just accepts that "Warriors" is offensive, well, then I guess one thinks it's a good thing. But no one has ever demonstrated what makes a nickname such as "Warriors" offensive. Why is it so?

When asked to explain WHY, oftentimes these "spokepersons" for native americans (who the **** elected them?) will tell them how the name conjures up images in MY mind! Who the hell is he/she speaking for ME?!? Why do they have a right to tell the world what I think?!? Especially when it is way off base!

Personally, I could care less what marquette choses to call itself...what I care about is not bending to the will of people who will use nothing but there race to garner power, gain attention, and disparage those that do not agree with them.

animal
05-05-2005, 08:50 AM
ha.

Prince Valiant
05-05-2005, 08:50 AM
^^lol^^

jbiscuit
05-05-2005, 08:55 AM
BWAAAAAA HHAAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!

I saw this on the news last night....how gay! :rolf

animal
05-05-2005, 09:00 AM
What I wonder is... who in milwaukee actually likes this name?

DirtyMax
05-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Should have called them the "Doormats" because that's what they're going to be in the Big East.

JC70SS
05-05-2005, 09:38 AM
LOL!! :rolf

Jsho13
05-05-2005, 10:08 AM
^x2^

Irish
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
:sucks

Teufelhunden
05-05-2005, 11:56 AM
This is one of the biggest limp wristed moves ever.... :sgay :wtf

Rocket Power
05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
GOLD!!!

Here's the mascot...

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/austin_powers_in_goldmember/mike_myers/goldmember.jpg

And of course this was all thought up by... :goof
http://www.fancyrobot.com/images/dr_evil_1.jpg

Al
05-06-2005, 01:54 AM
What I wonder is... who in milwaukee actually likes this name?

About 3.7 percent on the JSO poll.

"Wild, calling the nickname debate the most difficult issue he had tackled since he became president in 1996, said he was confident the school would be able to persuade those opposed to the change to come around."
^Most difficult issue he has to date! It will be really tough for him the day he starts potty training.

I prefer the "Golden Eagles." Who can be opposed to that?

As for "warriors," all they need to do is get a poster of a civil war soldier and say something like, "we ment this type of warrior!"

Even the ACLU wouldn't argue with that one!!! :goof

BTW- very nice pick with the UW guy in the background!

Also, where is that one team called the "Fighting Whiteies" whose maskot is a white guy in a suit with a brief case?!? :rolf

Al
05-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Suggerstions for a mascot...

To rake in more money, Marquette can add corporate sponsorship. Just imagine a bottle of Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder dancing around the Bradley Center. It could even spray confetti out of it's head to simulate the evacuation of foot powder. Much joy would ensue.

- Andy, Minneapolis, MN

I think SpongeBob would make a great mascot, with a few $$ Gold Chains around his neck. What a great idea!!!...???

- "GOLD", MKE, WI

A CANARY

- Hey You, Greenfield, WI
A big, golden "waffle" -- to illustrate the ridiculous waffling that has surrounded this decision and the envitable result of liberal decision-making - i.e. "trying to please everyone, pleases no one"!

- Jeffrey, Wauwatosa, WI

A BIG BOWL OF "GOLDEN" MAC & CHEESE....

- MATT, MILWAUKEE, WI

the mascot should be Mr. T and the 190 lbs. of jewelry he wears. the student section can rename themselves the "Bling Believers".

- Andy, Milwaukee, WI

SpongeBob. He's the right color and has a sponge for a brain, like the board.

- Jack, MU 83, Milwaukee, WI

I think it should be a Goldfish. The goldfish is always scared when you tap the glass and they are an easy target to capture. Lame name!!

- Jim Leighton, Cudahy, WI

A Yellow traffic light. A mascot and learning tool to teach students how to cross Wisconsin Avenue with the light.

- Lynn, Milwaukee, WI

Or maybe the Golden Girls? Hmm? Hmmm???

- Russ Griswold, Milwaukee, WI

Rodney Dangerfield

It's perfect. He was funny and didn't get any respect. Just like Marquette's new nickname.

- John, Brookfield, WI

I think the new mascot should be a jellyfish, because the board has no spine.

- Dave Meneau, Saukville, WI

How about Richard Simmons in a pair of those gold tight short shorts he wears all the time.

- Dave Meneau, Saukville, WI

How about C3PO from Star Wars. Marquette Gold . . .ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?

- Ryan, Milwaukee, WI

animal
05-06-2005, 06:57 AM
BTW- very nice pick with the UW guy in the background!

Heh, well it's where I went so I couldn't resist :D

theavenger333
05-06-2005, 12:11 PM
seriously, what a great idea. Instead of going with Warriors which folks liked, or just sticking with Golden Eagles, which weren't bad, Gold. wow. watch the students revolt. i saw Travis Diener last night at the bar, he was like "yeah, pretty good thing i'm graduating, i'd be embarassed to play for a team called the gold"

Pig Pen
05-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Also, where is that one team called the "Fighting Whiteies" whose maskot is a white guy in a suit with a brief case?!? :rolf

I believe its a Native American high school or college that has that name, and it was thought of a funny and quite joke by the media.

SmokinRAM114
05-08-2005, 09:33 PM
hes the new mascott. also drink of choice. :alcoholic

Yooformula
05-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I wonder what this will do to future athletic recruiting :confused At least the UWMilwaukee Panthers still have a normal name, too bad they lost a good coach though.

Al
05-09-2005, 12:54 AM
About the whities...

http://www.fightingwhites.org/ :goof

animal
05-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I wonder what this will do to future athletic recruiting :confused At least the UWMilwaukee Panthers still have a normal name, too bad they lost a good coach though.

Well coach or not UW-M took leaps and bounds by making it as far as they did in the tournament. And, as stated, they have a normal name.

I don't know how many people offered scholarships would care about the name enough to decline it, but how many people wouldn't be looking into that in the first place after hearing the name? Hard to say.

Pig Pen
05-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm glad I'm a WCTC Owl now....

theavenger333
05-09-2005, 05:40 PM
i'm a MATC Stormer..... BOOYAH

Pig Pen
05-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Thats thier name! We were trying to figure this out today. About as cool as Carrol's Lady Warthogs.

theavenger333
05-09-2005, 05:49 PM
yeah we're the Stormers.... i've been a Pioneer, a Panther, now a Stormer

Pig Pen
05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Pioneer? What school was that?

theavenger333
05-09-2005, 06:45 PM
platteville yo

Pig Pen
05-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Plateville...Yesh...

wikked
05-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Gold is outtt :banana

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/marq/may05/325271.asp

theavenger333
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Plateville...Yesh...
watch it now, if you havn't been there don't knock it, i loved it there

Pig Pen
05-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh I've been there...I date a girl who lived out there, it didn't work out.

theavenger333
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
thats because the only girls worth it out there don't live there..... the ones that live out there respond to SUUUEYYYYYYYY

Pig Pen
05-11-2005, 02:38 PM
She was from the Falls and moved out there, when we broke up she could have on 1st place at State Fair in the swine division.

animal
05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
So I can knock platteville since I've been there? That place kinda sucked... er wait, no that place did suck. And here I thought that oshkosh was the king of all sucking.

Jsho13
05-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Marquette Gold is out after a week! I just heard it on the news :thumbsup

wikked
05-12-2005, 05:53 PM
you're 8hrs and 12mins late :D scroll up

Jsho13
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
damn . . . . you beat me to it :goof