PDA

View Full Version : Car is done... soon to see track time

JRink
05-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey gang.

I know there's only a few guys on here that have met me, but those that have know I had my car under the knife this winter for some major modifications. Glad to say, it's all done, with the exception of some very minor things I need to get fixed (high idle, small boost leak, etc.). I did take it out the other day and cranked up the boost to about 16.5psi and holy **** did the car pull like a raped ape. Once I get more time on the clutch (only has 400 miles on it), then it's off to GLD or WIR running around 25psi on VP-C16 and see what it does. Realistic goals are 11.0-11.4 on street tires... We'll see :)

Performance Mods list:

Dynamic Racing DR650 TD-04 turbos (exhaust housings ceramic coated)
Dynamic Racing Stage 3 Heads
Dynamic Racing Ported Lower Intake
DNP SS Headers (ported and ceramic coated and race coated)
DNP SS Precat Eliminators (ceramic coated and race coated)
Unorthadox Racing Cam Gears
RPS Lightweight Flywheel
RPS Street Max Clutch
ARC-2 w/87mm MAF
SP Engineering ECU Upgrade (8300 rev limit/timing advance)
PTE 680cc Injectors
Import-Power Dual Feed Fuel System
Walbro 341 Fuel Pump (hot-wired)
Melton Downpipe
Borla Cat-back Exhaust
Off-Road Test Pipe
PST 2-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
3SX Performance Oil Feed/Return Lines
3SX Performance SS Brake Lines
3SX Performance Lightweight Crank Pulley
Forge BOV
PWR Radiator
HKS EVC IV Boost Controller
HKS Turbo Timer Type 1
300M Mark Williams Hardened Output Shaft
Tein-S Lowering Springs
Briece Rear Control Arms
Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads
Powerslot Rotors

http://www.w3si.org/images/jrink/jrink_1.jpg
http://www.w3si.org/images/jrink/jrink_2.jpg

Yooformula
05-04-2005, 12:37 PM
:wow That engine bay looks f@cking sweet! Congrats on getting it done finally :thumbsup

theavenger333
05-04-2005, 12:42 PM
looking GREAT, definatly wanna see some times, if 12.4 was before all that mess...... :wooo

GRNDNL
05-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Very Cool........ :thumbsup

Let us know when you go to GLD, I wanna see it run......

BAD LS1
05-04-2005, 01:34 PM
That bad-boy rivals me for cleanliness! Sweet ass car! :rock:

PST shafts kick ass BTW!!!!! I had one in my car for two years now, not probs what so ever! The guy i ordered it from said, "id like to see you try and break this, Ill buy you another one if you do!"

jbiscuit
05-04-2005, 01:38 PM
HOLY COW :wooo

Awesome car...awesome build up.Please post when you plan on running it. I too would love to see it go.

Anakonda69
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
:thumbsup very nice looking car. must be fast. lol

GTSLOW
05-05-2005, 06:22 AM
You can't race that thing its to pretty!!! Looks like a museum car ;) :rock:

lotsals1
05-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Nice job :D

HITMAN
05-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Looks like a local is going after Dr. Jack (XWING) in a big way...

JRink
05-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Looks like a local is going after Dr. Jack (XWING) in a big way...
LOL. No-no... I won't be able to trump Jack's setup. He will still put down alot more power to the wheels than me. Hell, he dynoed at over 700+AWHP awhile ago. I won't quite have that. Hoping for around 500-550 AWHP which should be around 650 crank.

HITMAN
05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
LOL. No-no... I won't be able to trump Jack's setup. He will still put down alot more power to the wheels than me. Hell, he dynoed at over 700+AWHP awhile ago. I won't quite have that. Hoping for around 500-550 AWHP which should be around 650 crank.

Right at the moment, my CRX makes more power than Jack's 3000 does. :D
He wounded his bullet at R/A during the Speed Seekers deal and he's in the process of getting it fixed.

Those are neat cars you guys have, they just don't seem to like being modded much beyond the BPU/sport turbo upgrade stage.

JRink
05-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Hehe. Yeah. RA hasn't been kind to Jack lately. But he's getting everything sorted out and the beast will be ready soon enough. I hang out with him at RA and the other 3/S events and he's extremely knowledgeble about ours cars. It's good to listen when he's around -- I tend to learn alot, hehe.

These cars are quite nice at BPU levels which can bring you into the high 12s (from mid 13s stock) without too much spending. After that, it's cash for bigger turbos, fuel, and a way to control it all. Pity these cars are so underestimated.

Cryptic
05-09-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm going to the 3000GT/Stealth National Gathering with a friend of mine. You should go too.

http://3snationalgathering.com/schedule.htm

JRink
05-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Heh. Of course I'm going. I go every year. :) I also organize all the events for the Wisconsin 3/S club (www.w3si.org) too so I keep pretty busy with everything. We have a big meet up at the Dells this month on the 20-22nd. That should be a fun one too. So far we have over 66 coming...

Who are you going to the gathering with? Aaron, Jack, or someone else?