PDA

View Full Version : F/S - 1988 Camaro w/ 355

Knyghtmare
05-03-2005, 05:56 PM
For sale...

1988 Chevy Camaro.

The Engine used to be a 305 TBI Motor which was swaped out for a 355.

355 TBI (350 .30 over)
-Keith Black Race Pistons
-Duel Timing Chain
-High Velocity Oil Pump
-20,000 on motor

131,500 On the Body.

Automatic 4 Speed 700R4 trans.

Hardtop
Power Windows/Hatch
Manual Locks
Premium Sound Option

The motor was originally a 305 TBI but has been swaped out for the built 355 with all the upgrades as I posted above. The motor was built to be used for circle track at Slinger Raceway, so its a good solid motor.

The Underbody rust is minimal, just like the rust on the body. The Body is perfectly straight with no dents, the rust is all surface with no holes at all. All the GFX are all securely on and not rusting off. My 91 Camaro's body isnt even as straight as this body.

I have never dynoed the new engine as I havent had it that long. It was going to be my second project, but things have come up and I cannot afford to keep it. I wish I could its a nice solid car with very good potential.

The trans shifts nice and solid. I am only the 3rd owner of the car.

The car has power windows and hatch. The locks are manual. It also has the Premium Sound package, which is indicated by the badge on the dash.

It runs really good. The only thing that would be holding back performance is that it still has the 305 TBI, Intake, ECM and Heads. Its a good runner and it runs strong. The car has some power. Which is what attracted me in the first place.

The hood struts dont work anymore but thats usual. The interior is still in really good shape, could use a good vacuming otherwise its clean besides seat wear on the drivers seat. Oh its gonna need a battery I dont have one for it. The one I had with it is dead.

This car would make a great plateform for a Street Car or even a Pro Stock since its a hardtop.

Pictures:
http://knyghtmare.homestead.com/files/88front.jpg
http://knyghtmare.homestead.com/files/88side.jpg

Asking $1,200 OBO.

PM or
E-mail dravus@hotmail.com

Knyghtmare
06-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Ttt

T-Bag
06-25-2005, 08:26 PM
stock cam and heads i take it?

Knyghtmare
06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
stock cam and heads i take it?

None of the 305 internals are in this motor, it was a completely different block and setup when it went in. I am not sure what the specs are on the cam and I never actually asked the previous owner. The heads are the 305 heads though,yes.