PDA

View Full Version : creek after sfc's

Zkid14
05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Got my SFC's welded in at speed inc a few weeks ago and ever since the car will "creek" at slow start up speeds and rolling down the huge curb at my house, this normal or ....? I thought these things were supposed to make it stronger? any help would be appreciated.

-Matt

BAD LS1
05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
You didnt have them installed completley flush in the front or the back before welding them or they need more weld because they are moving.

Worst case you may have to grind them off and use a floor jack to seat them hard against the body and make sure they are flush in the back too then weld 'em on and make sure your front LCA bolts are TIGHT.

It took 20 min of messing around per side to make mine fit just right before weldin them in, and mine are quiet and stiffer than than hell!

SLOWC5
05-03-2005, 11:43 AM
You didnt have them installed completley flush in the front or the back before welding them or they need more weld because they are moving.

Worst case you may have to grind them off and use a floor jack to seat them hard against the body and make sure they are flush in the back too then weld 'em on and make sure your front LCA bolts are TIGHT.

It took 20 min of messing around per side to make mine fit just right before weldin them in, and mine are quiet and stiffer than than hell!

:headbang :thumbsup

JEFF

Zkid14
05-04-2005, 08:57 PM
thats pretty shitty cuz i had them installed by speed inc, and they are allready welded in. they are the slp double diamound design....is that fat part running next to the pinch weld supposed to but up against the floorboards? I'll have to look closer some time soon. Should i just slap some more weld on there or should I try to cut them free and do again. keep in mind i cant weld for ****.

-Matt

ps i think the directions said a stitch weld all the way down and if i remember right they only welded the front and the rear spots then bolted the inside part nearest like the driveshaft

SlowStee
05-05-2005, 12:27 AM
thats pretty shitty cuz i had them installed by speed inc, and they are allready welded in. they are the slp double diamound design....is that fat part running next to the pinch weld supposed to but up against the floorboards? I'll have to look closer some time soon. Should i just slap some more weld on there or should I try to cut them free and do again. keep in mind i cant weld for ****.

-Matt

ps i think the directions said a stitch weld all the way down and if i remember right they only welded the front and the rear spots then bolted the inside part nearest like the driveshaft
Give speed inc a call and see what they say..Id be kinda pissed

BAD LS1
05-05-2005, 07:37 AM
If you get noise after the connectors, when the body is flexing they are walking around and making the noise, I had Jeff (slowc5) weld the **** out of mine at every location and they quiet and they made it a brand new car!

I went lighter this year and went with BMR tubular ones instead of the heavy SLP bolt in X connectors.

Zkid14
05-05-2005, 01:23 PM
well I dont see me going all the way to speed inc to get this fixed any time too soon, maybe i can get some money back or somthin. Any chance slowc5 would wanna lend a hand? never met him but theres a first time for everything

-Matt

USMARINE1108
05-05-2005, 09:46 PM
yea, those things are installed wrong. get that $ back.