View Full Version : free ringtone website?

USMARINE1108
05-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey, I dropped my phone in the toilet, and had to get a new one. They couldn't transfer all my phone #'s, games, screensavers or ringtones to my new phone, so I have to get all that stuff again. Problem is, the website I usuly go to, www.3Gupload.com started charging for that stuff. So, who knows of a good website for free ringtones?

Syclone0044
05-02-2005, 08:49 PM
You bring to light a question I've asked myself many times while taking a piss.. If you accidentally drop your phone in the toilet, do you reach for it? Or just cut your losses? :( :confused

Fortunately I've never had to make the decision.

USMARINE1108
05-02-2005, 09:46 PM
The toilet was still clean. So, I fished it out with the cleaning brush. Funny thing is, my girlfriend was still talking to me! Damn phone died about 5 seconds later. I was pissed. No pun intended.

SlowStee
05-02-2005, 10:28 PM
You bring to light a question I've asked myself many times while taking a piss.. If you accidentally drop your phone in the toilet, do you reach for it? Or just cut your losses? :( :confused

Fortunately I've never had to make the decision.
Id dive in after that ****!...uh...not literally :thumbsup

Whos your provider??

theavenger333
05-02-2005, 10:56 PM
i dropped my 2nd crappy nokia, a 3300 something or other in while i was peein, it fell outta my pocket, i just flushed it. i also am wondering about a free ringtone site. i have Cingular, with a newer Sony Ericsson

Scales
05-03-2005, 08:23 AM
i dropped my 2nd crappy nokia, a 3300 something or other in while i was peein, it fell outta my pocket, i just flushed it. i also am wondering about a free ringtone site. i have Cingular, with a newer Sony Ericsson

I just got the new(er) Sony Z500a. If you go to www.sonyericsson.com you can dl quite a few ringtones for the Sony phones. Nothing spectacular, but they did have some decent ones. And hey, free is free... :thumbsup

(I'm pretty sure you do have to have access the internet from your phone to get them though) (And you also have to register on their site)

USMARINE1108
05-03-2005, 09:24 AM
I've got Sprint PCS.

Jsho13
05-03-2005, 10:27 AM
I did that a couple years ago at work. I went and got a garbage bag to stick my hand in to get my phone. I then rinsed it for a while with tap water, took it apart and let it dry overnight. The next morning worked like new and never had a problem with it. :thumbsup

theavenger333
05-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I just got the new(er) Sony Z500a. If you go to www.sonyericsson.com you can dl quite a few ringtones for the Sony phones. Nothing spectacular, but they did have some decent ones. And hey, free is free... :thumbsup
(I'm pretty sure you do have to have access the internet from your phone to get them though) (And you also have to register on their site)
i have the T637, i can do the internet but it works like crap. thanks anyway, i just tried it

Cryptic
05-03-2005, 09:49 PM
it isnt free but I've been using www.3gtopia.com

Flicktitty
01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I just bought a new phone tonight since my old one broke. i bought a new Motorola SLVR L7! It's awesome so far but all the ringtones are too um fruity for my tastes. So i was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites?

i've already Tried "www.myxertones.com" but i can't figure it out. :mad:
so any help here?

---And yes ii know this thread is old just figured i could add instead of making a new thread;)

USMARINE1108
01-26-2007, 06:29 AM
I didnt like any of the ringtones on the free sites, so I paid $25 for this. http://xingtone.com/index.html Its cool because you edit any song you want to make your own tones, but the quality sucks. I ended up just paying for the good ones from sprint.

ponyboy21
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
check out www.funformobile.com they support sprint and its free

y2kws6
01-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I own two phones
1-Work
1-Personal
I transfer them to each other when I can

I went to Best Buy and bought OmniPilot
I can back up email, ringtones, numbers, and I think pictures. Then place it on my other phone so that they are alike. I can also create my own ringtones with any mp3 song.

The only thing that I cannot transfer is my games, which sucks.

Dan LG 8100 & 8300

Flicktitty
01-26-2007, 10:12 AM
i might look into one of them /\ Thanks. and i sucked it up last night and bought some ringtones off my "easyedge" thingie :(

stowsea
01-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I didnt like any of the ringtones on the free sites, so I paid $25 for this. http://xingtone.com/index.html Its cool because you edit any song you want to make your own tones, but the quality sucks. I ended up just paying for the good ones from sprint.

www.myxertones.com is the exact same thing but free! and great quality. been using it for like 2 years

johnny--2k
01-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I just bought a bluetooth dongle that plugs into a usb port and allows me to transfer any files (pics and music) to and from my phone and my computer.

Reverend Cooper
01-27-2007, 05:10 PM
i dropped mine is a bucket of grout water. puloled the battery took it apart and dried it out for a few days. it still works to this day perfectly