PDA

View Full Version : Bored? Want to stick it to "the man"?

animal
05-02-2005, 01:32 PM
UPDATE: Applebees manager did in fact call me back and make the situation right. I am appeased and there's no need to send them further messages. Thanks if in fact any of you have :)

We went to applebees on 4-29-05 at 9:00pm and were informed they no longer sell pitchers of beer. This is bs!!!

I sent them this complaint:

To whom it may concern:
I am writing in complaint to what was explained to me as a new company "policy" or whatever would best describe it. In a recent visit to a nearby applebees I was informed I could no longer order beer by the pitcher. This seemed strange to me since only weeks before I ordered a pitcher of beer at an applebees retaurant not more than 10 minutes away from this one. The waitress told us they no longer serve beer by the pitcher. As everyone knows it is cheaper to buy beer by the pitcher, especially in large groups of people (which we were). I was upset to the point of almost leaving the restaurant. We instead stayed and ordered individual beers since we had already waited some time at that point. I as a consumer can only look at this in two ways. Either your company policy took no customer point of view in making the decision to get rid of beer pitchers, or you're out to get more money per volume of beer by not offering a discount to those who order larger amounts. In either case I take this as a direct rule put in place against me as the consumer. I do not agree with this practice, and I won't continue to support it by frequenting your establishments with my group any further. There are plenty of competitors I can patronize that will still sell me beer by the pitcher. I really do like the food at applebees, but I will await your assurance that I can get a pitcher of beer at your establishment before returning to one in the future. Thank you for your concern and action in addressing this matter.

Feel free, if you're bored enough, to reply to them on their website and be part of my "group" (there were only 4 of us hehe), and express your concern with selling beer without pitchers. Stick it to em... but try to sound professional eh? Be sure and fill in 4-29-05 and 9:00pm so they know it's the same time.

They are the "neighborhood BAR and grill" yet don't serve pitchers???

Crawlin
05-02-2005, 01:43 PM
HOOTER'S DOES!!!!!!

Although i never understood why they wouldn't allow me to buy it for myself? Couple of them let it slide in the past though!

Chris

Yooformula
05-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Devil's advocate.....They might have pulled pitchers due to over intoxication of said guests. It is still a family restaurant and I am sure they were probably looking out for the welfare of the families that they cater to. :(

animal
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Well then I guess they should call themselves the "neighborhood grill" and forget having me as a customer. It's still b.s.... kinda like laws only keep honest people honest.

I really have no problem going somewhere else, just figured I'd give them the chance to save my business.

besides, people can get just as plastered on individual drinks...

Pig Pen
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Or get hammered on my personal fav, caugh syrup :thumbsup

Yooformula
05-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Well then I guess they should call themselves the "neighborhood grill" and forget having me as a customer. It's still b.s.... kinda like laws only keep honest people honest.
I really have no problem going somewhere else, just figured I'd give them the chance to save my business.
besides, people can get just as plastered on individual drinks...

I didnt say it was right. :alcoholic Cutting off pitchers generally seems to be the easy way out instead of proper bartending training and management support. Ncie letter btw. I wonder have they responded to you? That nice of a letter would have gotten a response for sure from me. :thumbsup

animal
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Ncie letter btw. I wonder have they responded to you? That nice of a letter would have gotten a response for sure from me. :thumbsup

Thanks man :) I always feel that saying "f*ck you" in an almost completely professional manner gets the most response.

I just wrote it today... they claim to have 48 hour turnaround. I will post their reply. I love giving ultimatums to large companies by threatening to take my business as a single guy elsewhere. Not that they feel threatened anyways, but it's just one more thing I can add to my list when they refuse... which is growing by the way every day.

animal
05-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Cutting off pitchers generally seems to be the easy way out instead of proper bartending training and management support.

Might I quote you as a "local restaurant/bar operations expert" in my retort when they reply? :D

animal
05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Well they called me and assured me that the waitress was misinformed and that they in fact, do serve pitchers of beer at that location. They also comped me a few free entrees. So I guess.... don't email them now :)