PDA

View Full Version : Got a ride in a fun truck today...

jbiscuit
04-29-2005, 02:44 PM
55 Chevy pick up. .060 over 454. Don't know all the specs of the motor but its REALLY hairy. Dominator. Lots of compression. Big cam. Truck is gorgeous. Its a friend of mine's at my work. Its a really dark purple, oak bed etc....fully restored. Dropped (almost pro street-look) with Weld Draglites and ET Streets on the back...narrowed 9-inch, fiberglass (grey) bumpers, 2-speed Powerglide. From a 30mph roll, he hit it on the bottle and I have to say, that truck got up and went! :headbang Not squirrely or anything, just into 1st and hit it. He never fought the wheel or anything. It just goes. I was very impressed. I will see what else I can find out about the truck. I know it hasn't met his expectations at GLD (yet)...last fall it went 11.00 @ 126 as it sits. He was having issues with the blaster coil nd distributor last year.

J

sidewayzbimmer
04-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Awesome! Is it from around here? Post specs as you get em!
bryan

jbiscuit
04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
his name is Jeff and he lives in new berlin. He has had the truck since he was 18 (he is prolly 35 now) and in the last year/year and a half he has gone through the entire truck and rebuilt it to where it is now. About Sept of last year is when he had it out for the first time but he fought a lot of gremlins in the motor/ignition and never really got it running right. From what I saw today it runs REALLY strong both on and off the bottle. Throttle response is amazing. From a dead stop it has a hard time putting the power down when stalled up even with the ET STREETS but it launches hard and straight. Its an awesome street truck.