PDA

View Full Version : Awesome feature - Ignore List

Syclone0044
04-28-2005, 12:08 AM
So there's someone on this board that drives me up a wall, and lately put me over the edge, every goddamn post they have to stick their stupid 2 cent worthless comments in, and rarely if ever contribute anything of value. Frequently they don't even HAVE comments to add, just stupid sarcastic smilies as if to add fuel to the fire and jeer on a fight :rolleyes:

Anyway now that I vented without personally offending anyone :shades (Although if you get the feeling I'm talking to you, maybe you should look at your post history and decide if you add something to the discussion or just waste everyone's time and egg-on fights).. I wanted to point out that I was able to SOLVE this problem without requiring the person's account to be terminated. Under my "User CP" I was able to use the "Buddy List / Ignore List" feature and add this person's name - and it works like a dream!!

This person's posts are SO annoying and SO useless that I can actually be comfortable knowing that despite blocking 100% of their posts, I won't ever miss a useful post (simply because they never make one.) HOWEVER - I still get a little notice where their posts "used to be"! It looks like this:

This message is hidden because XXXXX is on your ignore list.

Very, very handy and I wanted to share it with everyone, cuz I wish someone had told me about this feature a long time ago! :thumbsup

pOrk
04-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Sweet :thumbsup

Syclone0044
04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Indeed! Now if only I could get something like this for real life!!! :goof especially a guy I work with who can't seem to stop telling me about his $#1%ing baby stories and all the bodily functions of his baby and did I know he had a baby recently? :flipoff2:

pOrk
04-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Indeed! Now if only I could get something like this for real life!!! :goof especially a guy I work with who can't seem to stop telling me about his $#1%ing baby stories and all the bodily functions of his baby and did I know he had a baby recently? :flipoff2:
:rolf

Now I know it isn't me being ignored, yay! I tend to piss alot of people off, scarey part is I dont try to half the time :goof

Your truck = dope

I'm off to bed, l8r

theavenger333
04-28-2005, 01:25 AM
very good josh, very good

GTSLOW
04-28-2005, 02:36 AM
So there's someone on this board that drives me up a wall, and lately put me over the edge, every goddamn post they have to stick their stupid 2 cent worthless comments in, and rarely if ever contribute anything of value. Frequently they don't even HAVE comments to add, just stupid sarcastic smilies as if to add fuel to the fire and jeer on a fight :rolleyes:

Anyway now that I vented without personally offending anyone :shades (Although if you get the feeling I'm talking to you, maybe you should look at your post history and decide if you add something to the discussion or just waste everyone's time and egg-on fights).. I wanted to point out that I was able to SOLVE this problem without requiring the person's account to be terminated. Under my "User CP" I was able to use the "Buddy List / Ignore List" feature and add this person's name - and it works like a dream!!

This person's posts are SO annoying and SO useless that I can actually be comfortable knowing that despite blocking 100% of their posts, I won't ever miss a useful post (simply because they never make one.) HOWEVER - I still get a little notice where their posts "used to be"! It looks like this:

This message is hidden because XXXXX is on your ignore list.

Very, very handy and I wanted to share it with everyone, cuz I wish someone had told me about this feature a long time ago! :thumbsup

Its not me is it ;) I mean I post useful stuff.........somtimes

Max 93
04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
so is eveyone going to post in here to see if it's them?

Irish
04-28-2005, 08:17 AM
it's me he hates me cuz my car is slow.......

Teufelhunden
04-28-2005, 08:21 AM
What happens when a member thats on your ignore list is a thread starter? Do you just see the subject line or nothing at all?

SmokinRAM114
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
ferris bueller ferris bueller

GRNDNL
04-28-2005, 09:21 AM
This message is hidden because GRNDNL is on your ignore list.

DocDave
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
This message is hidden because GRNDNL is on your ignore list.
LOL

Flight_740
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Probably me :rolf Oh well, I still like your syclone. :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
04-28-2005, 09:54 AM
if you are curious if it's you or not, try sending josh PM's

DirtyMax
04-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the "ignored" has a 5 character user name, just based on his original post of XXXXX?? :thumbsup

Maybe it's me?!? :crying

But I never crap on anyone's threads so prolly not. :banana

animal
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
heh, you guys sound like a bunch of chicks. "I hope it's not me he's ignoring". Heh.

So can we "ignore" the import forum so it doesn't even show up as being there? ;)

SlowStee
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
prolly nismodave....hahahahahaha

so who is it josh :shades

nismodave
04-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Oh no this B1TCH really hates me.

Im so sad..... :(

SlowStee
04-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh no this B1TCH really hates me.

Im so sad..... :(
:rolf

nismodave
04-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Pleasse be my friend DRIVA.......

I could not go on thinking you didnt like me.

SlowStee
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Pleasse be my friend DRIVA.......

I could not go on thinking you didnt like me.
only if you beg a little more *****

nismodave
04-28-2005, 04:45 PM
How about I buy you an Ice cream at Oscars?

Then will you be my freind?

SlowStee
04-28-2005, 04:47 PM
How about I buy you an Ice cream at Oscars?

Then will you be my freind?
maybe, we'll see how the second date goes...

Silver03SRT
04-28-2005, 05:38 PM
ya there is someone that i dont like on this board but i dont post much hear so i really dont care.

Syclone0044
04-28-2005, 07:58 PM
:wooo Wow, I had no idea I would get such a big reaction to this post. It takes a lot of time to keep up with a board as active as this, so I was looking for a way to seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

What happens when a member thats on your ignore list is a thread starter? Do you just see the subject line or nothing at all?

It still shows the thread, but the first post is hidden when you go to view it. It even has a link to still view that post if you feel it's relevant.