PDA

View Full Version : New vehicle

pOrk
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Its got a 390 in it, MORE then 6 cyclinders for once :wooo

I am thorwing tranny fluid everywhere, but once I have that situation fixed up I'd like to throw a few performance mods onto her to give it a little while I clean up the interior.

Any suggestions / opinions welcome

http://img.s10forum.com/album2367/aab.jpg

http://img.s10forum.com/album2367/aad.jpg

http://img.s10forum.com/album2367/aag.jpg

http://img.s10forum.com/album2367/aae.jpg

http://img.s10forum.com/album2367/aaf.jpg

Yooformula
04-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Cool pick up there! New projects rock...what are the details? :thumbsup

Al
04-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Its got a 390 in it, MORE then 6 cyclinders for once :wooo

Any suggestions

How about a nice BIG roots blower sticking out of the hood! :headbang

GTSLOW
04-27-2005, 03:56 AM
Hey pork post some pics that arent thru s10forum :( for some reason I dont get that site or anything affiliated with it here in korea.

Silver350
04-27-2005, 06:49 AM
So does this mean there is going to be another bagged caddy running around the city? :wooo

Neal Steffek
04-27-2005, 07:28 AM
You got that out at Jefferson didn't you. I saw it there. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

Nix
04-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Pork, Iam pretty sure I saw your Impala at Jefferson in the show car area? Or was I seein things? It was freakin cold and windy and kinda sucked. Lots of nice cars for sale though, lots of birds like mine there to drool on.

Cryptic
04-27-2005, 08:26 AM
got some work ahead of ya :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
04-27-2005, 08:53 AM
got some work ahead of ya :thumbsupmakes you think of the bonny, doesn't it? :goof

Flight_740
04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
It reminds me of Christine. I know christine wasnt a caddy but I still feel like that when I see the pictures. :rolf

Prince Valiant
04-27-2005, 09:50 AM
It reminds me of Christine. I know christine wasnt a caddy but I still feel like that when I see the pictures. :rolf
Christine was a 1957 Plymouth FURY :fire

:goof (true though)

awsomeears
04-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Satin Black is your friend :headbang

An redo all the chrome :headbang

Pig Pen
04-27-2005, 02:36 PM
That looks like a D&S vending truck in the drive way, my mom works there.

cool car, agreeing with the black idea.

lotsals1
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Tub it -big block with a big ol dyers 1471 sticking out of the hood--if ya need to get out of it let me know

pOrk
04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Cool pick up there! New projects rock...what are the details? :thumbsup

I love the petina of the car as it sits, this year I plan to get everything mechanically working ( today I got the front windows to work :-) ), and have it bagged ASAP. Next winter Crash and I are going to two tone it, and probably make some sort of fiberglass center console so I can keep the stock radio since it still works :thumbsup

How about a nice BIG roots blower sticking out of the hood! :headbang

:durr If I was rich, perhaps

Hey pork post some pics that arent thru s10forum :( for some reason I dont get that site or anything affiliated with it here in korea.

No can do, thats the only site I use to host photos dood. Come back to town and you can see it :rolf

So does this mean there is going to be another bagged caddy running around the city? :wooo

TWO more, actually. I am baggin my buddy Bills caddy too. He has a 63 4 door, I'm sure you've seen it around. Its chopped like 7 inches :stare

You got that out at Jefferson didn't you. I saw it there. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

Sure did, paid 3200 for it ( asking was 38 )

Pork, Iam pretty sure I saw your Impala at Jefferson in the show car area? Or was I seein things? It was freakin cold and windy and kinda sucked. Lots of nice cars for sale though, lots of birds like mine there to drool on.

Heh, that was it. It cost me 5 bucks to get in, I got to park IN the show, and I didn't have to pay admission for me OR my passenger. Sure beats paying 10 for parking outside, then another 10 for the both of us to get in :banana I didn't intentionally enter my car if thats what your asking, my impala is a daily driver and FAR from a 'show' car

got some work ahead of ya :thumbsup

Yah, best starts first too, bah. The front tranny seal is blown to hell, so as soon as that is fixed I'll atleast be able to drive her. 45000 on the clock, original.

pOrk
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
That looks like a D&S vending truck in the drive way, my mom works there.

cool car, agreeing with the black idea.

It is, nice catch. I bagged it for shits and giggles, got it from the owner a few weeks back. He gave a few of them away. I am in the process of taking all the air ride off of it now though.

Tub it -big block with a big ol dyers 1471 sticking out of the hood--if ya need to get out of it let me know

When we were unloading the car at my grandpas house, I got two offers on it :D I cant wait to start driving it. I'll let the forum know if I decide to sell it first though, but I LOVE this car so I will probably hold onto it for awhile

theavenger333
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
only 45k on the clock original?????? maybe i read wrong..... musta been sitting in the elements though

y2kws6
04-27-2005, 10:18 PM
we past you as you were towing it. I remember saying "Hey theres a cool project"

Best of luck
Dan and Jacki

pOrk
04-28-2005, 12:24 AM
only 45k on the clock original?????? maybe i read wrong..... musta been sitting in the elements though

Yup, you got it. It's from illinois, it if were a southern car with that few of miles it would be mint I'm sure :shades Interior in the car looks like it will clean up nice, besides the carpet anyways.

we past you as you were towing it. I remember saying "Hey theres a cool project"

Best of luck
Dan and Jacki

Thanks man! Nice tow pig, eh? Hah, I know it looked rediculous, but I was VERY impressed on how well the van actually pulled the caddy. Average speed on the way back from 7 mile was around 40, took 27th to ryan and ryan to 76th.

Fun drive, had 2 people stop on the side of the road while we were loading it up asking to buy it :rolf

pOrk
04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Alright, I am dropping the trans saturday morning most likely. The front seal leaks like a siv, so I want to replace that but what else should I look for while its apart? The car is 43 years old, so I'm assuming there are other things I should replace whiles its done, such as the orque converter maybe? Also, any pointers as to making the job easier? I was going to use my buds tranny jack, but he is using it this weekend so I'm just gotta use the car jack in the garage.

theavenger333
04-28-2005, 01:22 AM
in general if you are just first going to get it into healthy running status to drive, usually i like to start fresh totally regarding tuneups and fluids. especially with an old car, like maybe a rear end flush, it can't hurt, and honestly the whole process, (plugs wires all the fluid) is most costly in labor than anything.

lotsals1
04-28-2005, 08:38 PM
first thing i would do would be take it to OTE and tub that sled :thumbsup

pOrk
04-28-2005, 10:32 PM
first thing i would do would be take it to OTE and tub that sled :thumbsup

OTE?

If thats a shop, forget it I do all my own work. And I am NOT tubbing it :goof