PDA

View Full Version : Do you drive in/through Kenosha?

shakin360
04-20-2005, 04:17 PM
If anyone drives down HWY 31/Green Bay Road mainly between Hwy E & Washington RD/Hwy S/142 watch your speed. I drive this way to work and just about everytime there is a Sheriff car or two sitting around. They got me 2 months ago right where the speed changes. But, lately they've been just brutal. They must sit there all day, and not in the same spots either.

Firefighter Z
04-20-2005, 04:26 PM
No I dont but I go through Racine County alot on HWY 38 and I Always see Racine Co. All black LS1 Camaro (Not Marked) that loves to sit on HWY 38. He always hits me with the laser and you cant see where he's at till your right on top of him, it's even harder at night cause he loves to sit in the driveways...

I hear he's not a very friendly Sheriff even if you get pulled over in you F-body, he doesnt care... :flipoff2:

Max 93
04-20-2005, 06:06 PM
If anyone drives down HWY 31/Green Bay Road mainly between Hwy E & Washington RD/Hwy S/142 watch your speed. I drive this way to work and just about everytime there is a Sheriff car or two sitting around. They got me 2 months ago right where the speed changes. But, lately they've been just brutal. They must sit there all day, and not in the same spots either.
I've been working down there this week and I have seen one there every day so far.

Cryptic
04-20-2005, 08:32 PM
"Go Speed" and I were just talking about making website that would "extort" the town of Norway, which has a strip of 1 mile on HWY 36 near Burlington. On that road stretch alone, they generate over $125,000.00 per year in speeding tickets with 2 cops. They have a V8 Camaro with rims & tint, speed trapping (maybe same one mentioned above). Their judicial system is a crock and nothing but extortion. Half the points and double the fine kinda thing. "Reasonable doubt" isn't even in their vocabulary.

I suppose a sticky here for people to post similar experiences and promote a public awareness of similar injudices, not to mention it would be entertaining. :devil

Pig Pen
04-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I hear he's not a very friendly Sheriff even if you get pulled over in you F-body, he doesnt care... :flipoff2:

Good, because a cop shouldn't base what laws to enforce by your car.

Firefighter Z
04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah I meant HWY 36... Racine Co. Sheriff's are really bad and I thought the State Boys were.

PigPen: Good, because a cop shouldn't base what laws to enforce by your car.

Hey thats just what I heard, did you have a bad day at work today? :goof :punch:

Rocket Power
04-21-2005, 01:15 AM
"Go Speed" and I were just talking about making website that would "extort" the town of Norway, which has a strip of 1 mile on HWY 36 near Burlington. On that road stretch alone, they generate over $125,000.00 per year in speeding tickets with 2 cops. They have a V8 Camaro with rims & tint, speed trapping (maybe same one mentioned above). Their judicial system is a crock and nothing but extortion. Half the points and double the fine kinda thing. "Reasonable doubt" isn't even in their vocabulary.

I suppose a sticky here for people to post similar experiences and promote a public awareness of similar injudices, not to mention it would be entertaining. :devil
They have two. A maroon one and a Purpleish one. You'd never think it till it's too late. I have seen the maroon one on Racine Ave in Wind Lake/Norway too. It seems like they use one for a while then switch. I drive through there to work everyday.

TheBlueSupra
04-21-2005, 01:31 AM
the town of norway troll of a cop got me for 115 in a 55. ;( that one freaking hurt the pocket. plus he gave me a ticket for my emissions not being done yet. and no front plate.

the best part is he pulled me over 2 days later for no plate and emissions not done yet again and just bitched at me.

DocDave
04-21-2005, 07:38 AM

Think they are using it to generate town revenue?
I think I heard of a story like that down south. The local sheriff was using speeding tickets on a 1 mile stretch of road to fund the town municipal system. When the state supreme court found out they said he couldn't give anymore tickets that year.