PDA

View Full Version : Saw the LS1 Colorado last night...

john96ws6
04-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Saw him in Madison last night. Very cool truck. I was coming up on him on the beltline, when I saw this license plate that said LS ONE. It totally caught me off guard. It sounds awesome. It is definately one of the coolest Ls1 swaps I have seen.

For those of you who do not know the truck, do a search on LS1tech. I believe he is from Sun Prairie. Here are some pics...

http://webpages.charter.net/skipnpen/2004%20COLORADO%20LS1.htm

WilliamZ
04-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Wow that looks nice. I would like to see that in person too!

BAD LS1
04-20-2005, 12:13 PM
It would be almost too easy to do a swap into one... If you got an auto 4x4 like me, youd only have to change the front bellhousing on the tranny (removable on 4L60E's) to fit the LS1, get some V8 trailer blazer motor mounts, manifolds, and Y pipe. the front half of the frame is nearly identical to a trailblazer. obvousily your wiring harness stuff yet off the donor ls1 car and a few splices to make all your gauges work and your set :wow

john96ws6
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I think the coolest part is that he is using the t56. The car is amazingly clean.

He is running aftermarket gauges.

john96ws6
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
This is really all that he has said about it on ls1tech.

Sorry I didn't get back to anyone sooner,but trying to get all the bugs out. First of all it is a 1999 camaro ls1 with 6 speed trans, made all my own mounts, used stock driveshaft, my own custom exhaust. Got a painless harness and a 1998 pcm, The truck computer didn't like this idea at all, so I said you don't like the ride, get off. I had to rewire the dash and A/C controls, starting system and added my own gauges. Used an aluminum radiator and an electic fan (in front) and the rest will be history. It goes like crazy, lots of wheel hop ( working on that ) gas mileage ain't that great, but when I learn to keep my foot out of it , or my first ticket, I assume it probably will get better, was going to Superchevy this weekend but the kid had to work. Well that's about it, so good luck to anyone who is crazy enough to try this on such a new vehicle, OOOh I forgot I live in a area where the man doesn't sniff tailpipes.

deciuss
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
isent it illegal to swap an older engen into a newer car?

sweet swap thow

Prince Valiant
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM
isent it illegal to swap an older engen into a newer car?

sweet swap thow
Nope, as long as it still passes emissions for the vehicle it's in. Used (still might be) If you swap a newer engine in an older car, it must pass emissions for the year of the engine. Vice versa, IE older engine in a newer car means you have to pass for the year of the car.

SmokinRAM114
04-25-2005, 10:43 AM
or register it in jefferson county like i do.no emissions there :goof

Flight_740
04-25-2005, 01:43 PM
GM should just build it and thats that. I mean why not if it's that easy? Just check the optional "LS1 V8" option when you order it.

jbiscuit
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
very cool.....I like how it looks like a normal Colorado too. Very sleeper. I dig :thumbsup

SLONOMA
04-25-2005, 03:27 PM
thats about the best thing you can do to a colorado, besides a high stall converter :banana

GTSLOW
04-25-2005, 04:20 PM
GM should just build it and thats that. I mean why not if it's that easy? Just check the optional "LS1 V8" option when you order it.

I dont think they'd do it because the I5 would disapear!! Everyone would want the ls1 :)

Knyghtmare
04-25-2005, 07:13 PM
I have met this guy a few times now. We have chatted over our swaps a bit. Last time I spoke with him was at Jefferson over the Weekend.

SloFarmTruck
04-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I have met this guy a few times now. We have chatted over our swaps a bit. Last time I spoke with him was at Jefferson over the Weekend.

When did you swap am LS1!!!!!! :thumbsup
I need to see this car in person!!!