PDA

View Full Version : stupid dealership

titan dohc v8
04-17-2005, 12:28 PM
ok, i bought my titan oct 21st, and i went to get the oil changed on january 20th at the dealership since the first oil change was free, and now i tried changing it last night. i have the off road package on my titan and i haveto take off that little part of the skid plate to get acces to the oil filter and they were so damn tight that i almost snapped the alan wrench and/or rounded off the screw. finally when i got it off i moved on the the drain plug, it was so tight than when it finally broke loose the socket flew off the rachet and got stuck somewhere on the small skid plate by the oil pan. once i found the socket i draind the oil, i poped the hood to open the oil filler cap and found out that it was also too tight (you know how the gas cap starts clicking when it is tight enough the oil fill cap does that too) i dont know why the f**k that idiot kept tightning it i almost went insane trying to get that f**ker off. o the little gasket thats on the drain plug was crushed paper thin and it is like flaking appart,the gasket is literally welded to the drain plug i cant get most of it off, wtf did that dumbass use to tighten the plug a inpact wrench????

i gonna go to the dealer ship on monday and find the f**k that changed my oil and rage on his dumbass!!!! :chair:
and i gonna tell the dealership to give me a new drain plug to replace mine!!! and i want 4 new screws for the skid plate oil filter access piece!!!

i am never goin to the dealer ship again, and if i have to for some reason i am goin back there and i am going to watch everything that they do, so they dont f**k sh*t up!!!!!!!!!

Yooformula
04-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Dayum that sucks!! What dealership is this?

titan dohc v8
04-17-2005, 01:18 PM
it's Rosen Nissan on 76th street

FANAT1C
04-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Isnt Rosen Nissan on 27th?

SRT4ME
04-19-2005, 06:33 PM
ok, i bought my titan oct 21st, and i went to get the oil changed on january 20th at the dealership since the first oil change was free, and now i tried changing it last night. i have the off road package on my titan and i haveto take off that little part of the skid plate to get acces to the oil filter and they were so damn tight that i almost snapped the alan wrench and/or rounded off the screw. finally when i got it off i moved on the the drain plug, it was so tight than when it finally broke loose the socket flew off the rachet and got stuck somewhere on the small skid plate by the oil pan. once i found the socket i draind the oil, i poped the hood to open the oil filler cap and found out that it was also too tight (you know how the gas cap starts clicking when it is tight enough the oil fill cap does that too) i dont know why the f**k that idiot kept tightning it i almost went insane trying to get that f**ker off. o the little gasket thats on the drain plug was crushed paper thin and it is like flaking appart,the gasket is literally welded to the drain plug i cant get most of it off, wtf did that dumbass use to tighten the plug a inpact wrench????

i gonna go to the dealer ship on monday and find the f**k that changed my oil and rage on his dumbass!!!! :chair:
and i gonna tell the dealership to give me a new drain plug to replace mine!!! and i want 4 new screws for the skid plate oil filter access piece!!!

i am never goin to the dealer ship again, and if i have to for some reason i am goin back there and i am going to watch everything that they do, so they dont f**k sh*t up!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the time it took me nearly 3 hours to do an oil change on my SRT. Eddie (SRT4eh) was there to laugh at me, too. :durr
Took a breaker bar to undo the plug, and then we couldn't break the filter loose "the normal ways" for 1/2 an hour! So my cousin decides it'll be a good idea to put a huge screwdriver through the side of the filter and out the other side and use that to get leverage and break it free. It broke it free, allright, ripping the body of the filter clean off. But not unscrewing the base of the filter. Now we had to try TWO vice grips on the remaining shards/sides of the filter. Nope. Now there's no sides left on the filter, and we're all covered w/oil.
OK, time for the air chisel :alcoholic
Another hour and 1/2 and lots of patience and carefullness later (and oil in my eyes), I was done :goof
-Jason

GTSLOW
04-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Sounds like the time it took me nearly 3 hours to do an oil change on my SRT. Eddie (SRT4eh) was there to laugh at me, too. :durr
Took a breaker bar to undo the plug, and then we couldn't break the filter loose "the normal ways" for 1/2 an hour! So my cousin decides it'll be a good idea to put a huge screwdriver through the side of the filter and out the other side and use that to get leverage and break it free. It broke it free, allright, ripping the body of the filter clean off. But not unscrewing the base of the filter. Now we had to try TWO vice grips on the remaining shards/sides of the filter. Nope. Now there's no sides left on the filter, and we're all covered w/oil.
OK, time for the air chisel :alcoholic
Another hour and 1/2 and lots of patience and carefullness later (and oil in my eyes), I was done :goof
-Jason

Ya the screwdriver tricks never worked for me. Always tore thru it :(