PDA

View Full Version : Silver plane jane Cutlass w/Hurst Olds door?

PB86MCSS
04-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Today on my way to work on Janesville road, just west of the Piggly Wiggly shopping center I saw a silver standard issue Cutlass w/chrome moldings that happened to have a 84' Hurst Olds passenger door on it. Looked quite odd at a glance, just curious if anyone else has seen it or knows its story. :goof

Rocket Power
04-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Nope haven't seen it, but it sounds like the guy shoulda got the rest of the car too. :goof

PB86MCSS
04-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Saw it there today again....has a for sale sign in the back window, might check it out tommorow for kicks. Parked at the same place, just a stones throw west of Piggly Wiggly on Janesville Road.

Rocket Power
04-16-2005, 09:53 PM
As we were picking up yet another G-body Cutlass today ( For my brother instead of the GP) My wife mentioned she saw that car out of the blue. Then I told her you had just posted about it. She saw it in West Allis.

I saw more G-body Cutlass' today than I have in a Looooong time. It was funny, it seemed like everytime I turned on a road there would be a G-Cutlass within a few blocks. :goof

Red97GTP
04-21-2005, 11:16 AM
My brother saw that car 3 times in one day, all at different locations. He's gonna go check it out one of these days. He's got an H/O so he got interested right away.

Rocket Power
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Did you find out how much he wanted yet ?
I finally saw it myself today at a drive thru (got a pic too with my camera phone :goof ) and was going to try to find out how much when he was leaving but too many people got in my way :mad:
I was talking to Angie and we thought it would be funny if I bought the car and then we took the H/O doors off and put them on the 442. :goof
I have the itch for a G-body daily driver again after getting that 84 Cutlass for my brother. I wish I could find a G-body wagon cheap that was in decent shape.

Burgandy85SS
04-24-2005, 10:11 PM
I wish I could find a G-body wagon cheap that was in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

Make that two G-body wagons and I will buy one from you,preferalbly an Olds but would take a Malibu. Could come in handy these days with all the hauling Ive been doing.

PB86MCSS
04-25-2005, 08:31 AM
I want a Malibu wagon too :D.

I know where an older Cutlass Salon slantback is for sale, solid but some rust, runs for a few hundred bucks.... ;).

Rocket Power
04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh great now I have competition for a wagon :rolf
I had an 80 Pont Lemans one back a few years ago (late 90's) I loved driveing it but damn was it SLLOOOWWWW !! It had a 301 4 bbl and ran high 18's in the quarter. :stare
My 71 Vista Cruiser with a stock 350 and single exhaust rans mid 16's and it weighed 4500 lbs

Is the Salon light blue by chance? I remember seeing one in the Wind lake / Muskego area last year. Not sure if I could bring myself to do the slantback, AKA Buttless Cutlass. :goof
I would probably have to park it down the road because my wife hates them. :rolf

PB86MCSS
04-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Its a dark maroon color, maybe MYFYN79 can take a picture for you ;). Its located at the place where we yanked the SS's motor...

SloFarmTruck
04-26-2005, 05:36 PM
All I am saying is that I have been helping a friend wrench on his 81 malibu wagon!!! Can you say 512 cubic inches......I knew you could. :thumbsup Should see the roll cage!! In a 4 door wagon its bada$$!!! You all should see the car this summer.

PB86MCSS
05-14-2005, 05:09 PM
I finally got a chance to look at the Cutlass today, seems its always moving around so I never could actually stop to see it.

It has a blue bucket interior, rallye gauges, true dual exhaust, not sure on what engine it has or whats done to it, nothin really listed. Body is pretty rough, the front of the roof between the t-tops and windshield is rusted pretty bad and an attempt to fix it with bondo was made :wow

Underside is somewhat solid, but theres rust..same with the body. Would take alot of work to fix properly, IMO....more of a parts car to me or a beater for awhile yet if its reliable yet.

Rocket Power
05-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Does he have it sitting someplace or did you just catch as he was parked by a store or something?
Did it have a price on it?

PB86MCSS
05-15-2005, 06:23 PM
It was parked off Janesville road in front of a house, parallel to the road. It only had the phone number, 305-3514...I called and left a message regarding the price and whatnot, but never got a call back. :confused

Rocket Power
05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Maybe one of these days I'll see it stationary, and have a peek. Of course the last time I bought an Olds G-body parts car, it ended up with a 455 in it. :goof

86GUTLASS
05-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I saw that car on greenfield ave in west allis on Saturday.some guy was drving it.It had a for sale in the back window.

Burgandy85SS
05-18-2005, 09:42 PM
I finally saw it myself on my way home from work on 68th and Lincoln/Beloit Rd
seems this guy gets around

Rocket Power
05-18-2005, 10:20 PM
I wonder if he knows how famous he is ? :rolf

PB86MCSS
06-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Hmm, wonder if its sold...any sightings lately?

I forgot to add the car had a 8.5" rear end :D. Probably from that same 84' H.O. the doors are from.

Rocket Power
06-27-2005, 02:08 AM
No sightings here since I saw it at Long John Silver's/Taco Bell.
I didn't know it had an 8.5" He had the foundation for a decent car then. :thumbsup
Except for that rust problem you talked about earlier.

DFJ6000
08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
hey, i talked to the guy, i saw em on highway...it has a 455 in it from a catalina. its a stock 455 but he did a nice job puttin it in. He only wants a grand for it. somethin seemed fishy to me about why he would want so little. he said he needs money for his monte carlo or somethin. still a cool ass car

PB86MCSS
08-02-2005, 11:50 PM
A grand? Hmm...sounds like a good parts car. The motor and rear end plus misc. parts should make someone a easy profit...Jamie? ;)

I could use my parents driveway since there is room now that I moved out, but not sure they would appreciate a parts car to look at every day :D.

Car appears ok but when I saw it the roof is really rotted out, would be alot of work to restore the *right* way, not worth it IMO. Might be why his price is so low.

Rocket Power
08-03-2005, 04:48 AM
I see three things wrong with me getting it.

1) Sounds like it has a Pontiac motor and a gass guzzling 455 at that.There are too many Olds cross breeds coming home to my house already. LOL

2) Rusty roof does not turn me on. I have plenty of other rust abatement projects.

3) Me wife would KILL me. I am already not allowed to bring home any more cars and she would prefer me to get rid of one.

But if he wanted a 82 4 door with a bad 231 in an even up trade.... :goof
Maybe I could work something out.

I got an idea. How about if you get it Paul and sell off the rear and engine and give me what's left, and I'll give you the 82 and a 305 chevy. Deal ? :rolf
I may be able to add some 14" aluminum slots to sweeten the deal :goof

Rocket Power
08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
I got an idea. How about if you get it Paul and sell off the rear and engine and give me what's left, and I'll give you the 82 and a 305 chevy. Deal ? :rolf

That way I wouldn't have to pull the motor, and I could just throw in a 7.5 because the 307 I'd put in won't blow up a 7.5 ".

Waddaya think ? ;)

Did I mention I'm cheap ? :D

pw_cc_runner
08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
If anyone gets to talk to this guy my dad would really like to know where the car he got the door off of is and how much of it is left.

Rocket Power
08-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Since this guy has had the doors and rear end since at least april, I would imagine the car has already been crushed.

If I bought the car I'd put the doors on my wifes 442 just to keep it in the VIN 9 family. :goof

It is odd that the doors are still good and yet the car got parted out. Usually the doors are shot along with the rest of the body.

PB86MCSS
08-05-2005, 07:50 PM
IRC the doors werent that hot, I don't remember how much rust but they weren't what I'd call clean ;).

The guy I got my LS off of in New Mexico had a 84' H.O. that was straight/100% rust free for parts. It was hit in the front and totalled out, he put a normal Cutlass front clip on it to help rebuild then sell but nobody wanted the thing, even for I belive 1,500 or 2,000 because of the title being salvaged or whatnot. He yanked the lightning rods and rear for a Monte :banana and had the shell with doors sitting there when I got my LS. Not sure what happened to it, but I know he relocated his *compound* of cars to Kansas and I doubt he took it with him. Same guy also had a LT1 in a 86' 442(don't worry it was a theft recovery anyway) when I was there too, just another thing to make an Olds lover puke a lil' bit ;).

Rocket Power
08-06-2005, 02:06 AM
You should see the doors on Angie's car, they gotta be better. I do have an extra pair for the car but I haven't looked at them for a while.

LT1 you say ? :puke

:rolf

Wow for $1500-2000 I woulda been all over it. Salvage title or not.

Maybe it's time to go visit the H/O I got the hinge covers off of for Angie's car, it's been a while. :thumbsup

Memphis
08-06-2005, 08:55 AM
You should see the doors on Angie's car, they gotta be better. I do have an extra pair for the car but I haven't looked at them for a while.

LT1 you say ? :puke

:rolf

Wow for $1500-2000 I woulda been all over it. Salvage title or not.

Maybe it's time to go visit the H/O I got the hinge covers off of for Angie's car, it's been a while. :thumbsup

I got a REALLY clean right door if you need one.... :thumbsup PM me if you are looking. Its a lot smaller than a parts car and wont take up room in the driveway!!