PDA

View Full Version : Local Machined Shop NEEDED. Computerized Mill?

GTSLOW
04-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I would like this to be made? I'd say outta 1/4" alum with a cut depth of 1/8":

http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album46/Shifter_plate.sized.jpg

By no means use this drawing to make it. This is just what I want and the size 4x4".

Willing to pay a decent ammount for a QUALITY peice! :thumbsup

Text should be clearly visible from about an arms length away. :D So mabye 3/32" thick lettering/mainpattern?

PonyKiller87
04-15-2005, 06:54 AM
I looked at doing the same thing in my camaro after I swapped in the T56. Heres the problem, unless you have a long shifter handle (which I guess you might in your truck) the space between gears is to small. So the small finger off metal that would seperate say 1 and 3 is very thin. I made a mockup with card board in the car using the shifter and because of the slop in the shifter the goves for the gears were almost an inch wide. Im hoping it will work better once I get the more solid pro 5.0 shifter.

GTSLOW
04-15-2005, 09:00 AM
No im not looking to make somthing to go over hte shift. Just somthing I can put behind it :)

So when I let someone drive it (gramps) they dont put it in 6th thinking its reverse. And so when I take it to shows people know its a 6speed! :)

PonyKiller87
04-15-2005, 12:34 PM
oh ok, I though you were thinkin like I was, like instead of a boot having the plate like in the italian exotics.

Im sure Brandon(Andakonda...) could get you the aluminum pretty cheep, and I know theres a place in butler that has a cnc machine that could cut it, maybe even a laser cuter. If I can find the name of the place I will post it.