PDA

View Full Version : White Viper W/Blue Stripes & Ricer wing

fireguyrick
04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Anyone know this person? Liscense plate is "Two Fast."

Nothing against your car, but I hope to god you road race that thing, otherwise why the HORRABLE Ricer wing? I also saw you pulling out onto S. 76th St around OUtback. Maybe you need to have a car with a little less power, or were you trying to slide your rear around in traffic?

On a side note, it did sound nice.

Rick

DirtyMax
04-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I think the "ricer" wing is standard equipment on that car. I believe you spotted a 650 HP GTS-R.... I've seen it around before

fireguyrick
04-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I think you are right, I STILL think that wing is horrid. It looks like someone weld some sheet metal toghether in their backyard to make it.

Rick

DirtyMax
04-14-2005, 09:27 PM
To each their own I guess. I wouldn't let it stop me from having one of those sexy beasts. :drool:

BTW... Not trying to be an azz (seriously), but doesn't the STi have one helluva wing on it too?

Prince Valiant
04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Pot, meet kettle :goof

A B4C Z
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Ya thats my friends dads car. Its 1 of 100 cars produced. The wing is stock. Its a carbon fiber wing (like it matters) but it was a race car sold to drive on the streets. The thing rules. Has a TNT motorsports overhaul under the hood. Hes yet to take it to the track. Hes good guy to talk to he loves the car. And if you want to play. Ask him because hes gaurenteed to say yes unless his wifes in the car.

fireguyrick
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I would agree with you that the wing on the STi is over kill, but I will be tracking my STi, hence why I keep the wing.

In all honesty, I really did not mean any disrespect. I did not get a chance to see who was driving it, and I assumed (made an ass of myself perhaps) that it was a young kid with a used Viper. Perhaps the reason for that was when they turned N on to 76th st the tail of the car was facing SW, and they were pretty quick on the gas for that time and traffic.

I have honestly no clue what the car can run, it appears Stock it is good for 12.5 (obviously with street tires on it) or so a few sources say.

Hopefully no one takes this post to far out of the way, though I was a bit quick to my conclusion.

Maybe I need to see that wing close up, it might look better than. But, from where I was it did indeed look like some sort of APC Autozone wing.

Nice car though in the end.

Rick

GTSLOW
04-15-2005, 12:18 AM
I would agree with you that the wing on the STi is over kill, but I will be tracking my STi, hence why I keep the wing.

In all honesty, I really did not mean any disrespect. I did not get a chance to see who was driving it, and I assumed (made an ass of myself perhaps) that it was a young kid with a used Viper. Perhaps the reason for that was when they turned N on to 76th st the tail of the car was facing SW, and they were pretty quick on the gas for that time and traffic.

I have honestly no clue what the car can run, it appears Stock it is good for 12.5 (obviously with street tires on it) or so a few sources say.

Hopefully no one takes this post to far out of the way, though I was a bit quick to my conclusion.

Maybe I need to see that wing close up, it might look better than. But, from where I was it did indeed look like some sort of APC Autozone wing.

Nice car though in the end.

Rick

:rolf :thumbsup

WilliamZ
04-15-2005, 07:54 AM
It's an awesome car. Him and I played around on hwy last year. He was a cool guy and gave a thumbs up even thought the import won ;) I would much rather be driving the viper though ;)

tbarsch
04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
My ex-father in law had a 97 viper GTS - Blue with white stripes - not the GTS-R and he ran 12.3 all day - his best was 12.25, all bone stock... not really sure what an additional 200hp would do for ya... Anyone know if it is a REAL GTS-R??

Jsho13
04-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah thats definately a sweet car, even with the wing.

A B4C Z
04-15-2005, 10:54 AM
IT is a real GTS-R. He did put differnt rims on it to make it even lighter. There magnesium or something?

Kyle

fireguyrick
04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
What year GTS-R? As far as I have seen the old body style GTS-R are rated at ~460hp, the 2002+ is rated at 650hp.

This did not look like the new body style, but maybe I missed something.

Rick

A B4C Z
04-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Its a 98.

Junky Giorgio
04-15-2005, 02:35 PM
That GTS-R is the only one in wisconsin. If you ever get a chance to talk to him he'll tell you about how only about 60 of them stayed in the U.S. Hes a cool guy. I got a ride in his car about 3 years ago. He's a friend of my Dad's as well. It did 65mph in 1st gear. We had it up to 160mph in East troy on some country roads when I got a ride in it...He also has another viper, R/T 10. His GTS-R is "two fast" ...... :thumbsup

Syclone0044
04-16-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm convinced both the Viper and the Corvette were built for road racing.. That's what the factories intended. They both compete in sanctioned road racing events with factory teams. The fact that they do OK if you drag race them, is merely a coincidence..

Anyways that explains that spoiler.. Funny thing is, that's where those spoilers originated, high speed racing. My guess is when a car gets near 200MPH (or beyond) you need extra downforce to keep the car from getting unsafe or going airborne. The only cars to have those spoilers were race cars running extreme top speeds, so you knew if a car had a spoiler like that, it had hella power and top end. Somewhere along the lines someone bastardized it and put the wing on a regular car as a poser to suggest that it too, had the big top end power. Hence the beginning of the ricer wing.. :rolleyes:

GTSLOW
04-16-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm convinced both the Viper and the Corvette were built for road racing.. That's what the factories intended. They both compete in sanctioned road racing events with factory teams. The fact that they do OK if you drag race them, is merely a coincidence..

Anyways that explains that spoiler.. Funny thing is, that's where those spoilers originated, high speed racing. My guess is when a car gets near 200MPH (or beyond) you need extra downforce to keep the car from getting unsafe or going airborne. The only cars to have those spoilers were race cars running extreme top speeds, so you knew if a car had a spoiler like that, it had hella power and top end. Somewhere along the lines someone bastardized it and put the wing on a regular car as a poser to suggest that it too, had the big top end power. Hence the beginning of the ricer wing.. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup

Well out :D

srt4eh
04-23-2005, 10:05 AM
i've seen that car going the other way a few times....i'd like to take a run at it once. :thumbsup

SRT4ME
05-03-2005, 08:27 AM
i've seen that car going the other way a few times....i'd like to take a run at it once. :thumbsup

I met him in the Chi-Chi's parking lot during a Solid Gold show back in the summer of '03. He had his hood up, and said he hadn't seen an SRT-4 yet (I think it may have been the 1st week of June when mine was still the only one in S.E. Wisconsin) so I parked next to him and he asked me to pop my hood too.
I couldn't believe it was a real GTS-R, I was practically droolin' on his car, taking pictures and ****... :stare :drool: :goof
He was a cool guy too. Good times :thumbsup
-Jason

281Cubes
05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I just saw him going west on Layton in Cudahy the other day. Let me tell you, I was intimidated. That thing sounds like nothing else. Hats off to that guy.

Car Guy
06-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I just saw him going west on Layton in Cudahy the other day. Let me tell you, I was intimidated. That thing sounds like nothing else. Hats off to that guy.

That's because he works out at Bally's right next to Venus Ford, and hell yes it's intimidating. The sound a heavily modified V-10 viper motor makes will give you goose bumps. He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and doesn't matter what kind of car you have, he'll always talk 'shop' with you. One thing he loves to do is take a couple laps on highway and 'toy' with everybody. IF you beat him that means he didn't open it up all the way, unless you have a VERY VERY fast car. Because that thing is nowhere near the stock 1/4 mile times of the 12's, or even the 11's. I've been in it a few times and one race I'd love to see is against the F40 Ferrari that's always up on highway 'toying' with everybody as well. However, I have a hunch that the Viper would win if it stays straight after planting the gas pedal........

By the way how fast is that F40, anyone have a clue.......?

A B4C Z
06-04-2005, 01:20 AM
HA that F-40 aint ****. ran it on the freeway about 5 times from hwy100 - bluemound road. Lets just say the Camaro wasnt loosing site of him. Most were 50-120ish.

Car Guy
06-04-2005, 07:01 AM
What does it run in the 1/4 mile.......?

SloFarmTruck
06-04-2005, 09:31 AM
HA that F-40 aint ****. ran it on the freeway about 5 times from hwy100 - bluemound road. Lets just say the Camaro wasnt loosing site of him. Most were 50-120ish.

So what you are saying is that you have good eye sight??? so confused am I.