PDA

View Full Version : FS: Slightly used tennis ball

jbiscuit
04-14-2005, 11:18 AM
could be used on the clay or as a chew toy for your dog. Or use it to set up a spot at the drag strip. Official size and weight. Seams are good and knap on the ball is slightly matted but still in great condition.

Looking to get $3 or best offer.

PM me if interested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/tennis/images/tennisball.jpg
*pic is not actual ball. Actual product may vary. Not responsible for innaccurate color or weight. Please obey all local traffic laws and tennis court ettiquette. Not responsible for tennis ball being lodged in dog's throat. Use all necessary safety gear.

Flight_740
04-14-2005, 11:23 AM
:rolf :rolf will you take $2?

y2kws6
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
But it goes with your car? :durr

jbiscuit
04-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Hmmm....i really need to get at least $2.50 for it. I have a lot into it and it has successfully gotten me 12-car spots at RSD. Most tennis balls will only get you like 9-10.

Crawlin
04-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Kelly Blue Book and Yahoo Tennis Online puts the used value at 1.75

Edmunds TMV (True Market Value) as well as Sportmarts's Penn Analyzer put it at a 2.25 mark for "slightly used at RSD"

So i think that $2.00 offer is fair

jbiscuit
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I would like to get the $2.50 for it because mine has a shaved Penn logo...no logo at all, just clean. The ball has been hot tanked and pressure tested to a compression of a 32 psi. Mike is trying to low ball me and next week the ball would be on his website for $4.50.

Offers?

grant
04-14-2005, 01:28 PM
i'll trade ya a golfball for it :D

DirtyMax
04-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Soak it in water before tossing it next time. It should help you get more than 12 carlengths. Prolly put you out close to the 330' mark if you have any sort of arm. :headbang

jbiscuit
04-14-2005, 01:43 PM
thanks for the tip. I am selling this cuz I want to get a raquette ball, cut a slit in it and fill it with water. Then freeze it and bring that to GLD in a cooler. I bet I could throw that 800ft!!!!

jbiscuit
04-14-2005, 03:52 PM
RSDs are coming guys......be the first to bring your own tennisball to spot people! EVERYONE is doing it! This is gnna be more popular that the American Idol Season 3 DVD!

GRNDNL
04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Will you finance it for say.....3 Years....I'll send you $0.02 per week till its paid off.... :durr

How much more for a Warranty?.....

Crawlin
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
any factory warranty left or did the shaving of Penn void any chance of it?

loud91rs
04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
i would like to see some more pictures here...you are asking $3 for it so i wanna know what i'm getting into before shelling out that kind of cash. thanks. :goof

DirtyMax
04-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Do you take paypal? :goof

xsbc63x
04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
lol the funny thing about this is this thread is gettin way more replies than any other for sale thread :rolf

A B4C Z
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
How can you tell its for sure a penn?
For all we know this could be a generic one.

FANAT1C
04-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Still forsale?

DirtyMax
04-15-2005, 08:40 AM
TTT for an awesome ball. Rumor has it, the fuzz has been trimmed to make this ball more aerodynamic than a stock tennis ball.

jbiscuit
04-15-2005, 09:05 AM
4eyed is correct. This is a one off Penn tennis ball. The knap has been trimmed by .030". It has been compression tested and has no warranty Chris, sorry. It has been used in many spots at RSD so it has more street credit than most any other tennis ball in the area. There s a tiny hole in the ball on one of the seams which can be used to inject liquid to make the ball heavier. Hidden well :thumbsup

Must see to appreciate.

v6camarogrl
04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Aww damn, wish I was gonna be home this weekend to come look at this tennis ball, it looks like a real find! Good luck with the sale J! You definitely shouldn't take any less than $3 for that beauty ;)

jbiscuit
04-15-2005, 11:27 AM
if this doesn't sell by monday, its going up on EBAY! :goof

SloFarmTruck
04-15-2005, 02:48 PM
I am willing to trade you 4 never been licked Alpo dog bones for the ball, since my owner (windsor capri) hid my other tennis ball!!!

ozzy the dog.

btw typing with paws is difficult!!
ozzy out.

Flight_740
04-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I am willing to trade you 4 never been licked Alpo dog bones for the ball, since my owner (windsor capri) hid my other tennis ball!!!

ozzy the dog.

btw typing with paws is difficult!!
ozzy out.
:rolf :rolf

Syclone0044
04-16-2005, 10:52 PM
http://georgiasyty.com/images/random/newad.jpg

To the top! I have seen this ball and :drool:

:goof

Pig Pen
04-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Bumpasarus rocks!

GTSLOW
04-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Mabye we should auction the ball?

I'll start the bidding at .23 cents?

:thumbsup

kenseth17
04-17-2005, 01:50 AM
The tennis ball is still for sale, I can't believe no one has bought this gem yet. The value will only go up over time, just like cudas and 454 chevelles today. Can I please see a pic of the other side of the ball. There could be damage from throwing it 300 feet that you are trying to hide. I would have to see it in person. I've heard of many people on ebay being scammed and an item being misrepresented only to find the seller has fell off the face of the earth and his number disconnected and he won't answer emails. Are you a business or private seller, because I would like to check the better business bureau first to see if you have any skeletons in your closet. This could just be a clone of the famous one off shaved penn tennis ball you are trying to pull off as the real deal, and nowhere near worth the full 3 bucks you are asking. Does any documentation come with the tennis ball? If it is the real deal, I'll see if I can get mom to cosign for a loan. Or I could take you to mcdonalds and trade you a happy meal for the ball. I'll even throw in a few badmitten birdies, and if you weight them down the right amount and hit them real hard, I bet you could get them to travel 20 feet. The happy meal and the birdies would be a fair trade I think. Also you said there is a hole in it. Since it is there allready, do you think it would be able to slide over one of the antennas on my truck for when I go through the mall parking ramp. I still think your high on your price. The reason I am interested is I once owned a tennis ball just like that when I was younger, same color and everything. I have many fond memories about that tennis ball. Then I did something stupid and lost it. Probably in someones roof gutter somewhere. Granted mine was just a stock tennis ball and didn't have the mods that you said this one has, but It was a good ball.

GTSLOW
04-17-2005, 04:16 AM
Wow thats a nice stang ya got there!!!

Whats the motor/trans on it?

Looks siicckkk :thumbsup

Just dont turn out like that other guy with that orange one doing burnouts, then hits himself in the head with a shovle :rolf

kenseth17
04-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks, but unfortunately it isn't mine. It is one I did the bodywork and painted for a guy from appleton. I had to do a bunch of work on it, then the guy has the gall to ask for it back and i don't get to keep it. :rolf. He is now working on putting some floors in it, and said he has to weld some on the frame to put the front bumper brackets on to remount the bumper. Theres some more pics on my website. But anyways, to answer your question it is a 67 with a 289 and a manual transmission, can't remember if 4 or 5 speed because didn't get out of first gear driving it into the garage. Reverse was up and to the left which was interesting at first because I am use to reverse being over to the right and down in my truck. One of these days I am gonna buy a 69-74 nova to fix up and I'll have a muscle car of my own.

Pig Pen
04-17-2005, 11:52 AM
I can assure you that the seller is legit. I know him very well and have seen this tennis ball in person. There is no damage that I would believe would hinder performance of the throw, and I'd even go as far as to say that this tennis ball is in mint/new condition. I know for a fact that the tennis ball has been stored over winter in a heated garage and never thrown in the rain or snow. The seller should be able to confirm this Monday, when he returns to work.

kenseth17
04-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Do you know if he is the original owner of this tennis ball, or has it had a couple owners? What tennis ball dealership was this ball originally bought from? Are you able to trace its history at all? About how many throws would you say are on the ball? I am also concerned about the fact the seller said that it was filled with water. This could cause the tennis ball to rotting from the inside and get moldy and musty.

Pig Pen
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
It has only had one owner, never totaled and never salvaged. I dont' have a seriel number, but I'm sure the owner will be able to verify all your questions soon.

fireguyrick
04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Can I get a Ballfax report on this Tennis Ball?

Has it been used all season or just summer?

Has this tennis ball been adult thrown?

Rick

BAD LS1
04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah we need the BIN so we can do a Ballfax report in it, and see if it was in any major ball accidents or how many dogs it killed from choking.

Does it have the gaurenteed buy back if this ball is found to be a re-skinned salvage after being sold?

Was this a before pic Jason? :wooo

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/vonnagy/port_waikato/tennis-ball-beach.jpg

Knyghtmare
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Does it come with VTECH? I want VTECH.

BAD LS1
04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
We really need that BIN!! Its disturbing how many salvage title balls there are running around out there!

Here was an innocent victim!

http://www.ellmangermanshepherds.com/Zeppa_14_weeks_front_shot_with_tennis_ball.jpg

And to think the owner re-skinned it and sold it after it killed this puppy!

After:http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/4BALL.JPG

FANAT1C
04-18-2005, 03:28 PM
^^ :rolf :headbang

BAD LS1
04-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Come on J get on the ball with this!!! :chair: No pun intended :goof

97z2801ss
04-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Ill trade ya even up for a pez dispence I even had pezfax'd and it was clean no grubby hands on it.... By the way this one is of santa clause, ill even throw in a few packs of pez... :headbang

Flight_740
04-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Any flood damage? Service history? Where was it purchased new? Can I have the previous owners name? Can I have my mechanic take a look at it before purchase? What kind of warranty can you offer me? Thanks.

Pig Pen
04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Come on now guys. This ball never killed a puppy, nor has it ever been reskined. J's the 1 and original owner. BIN # 10T99BG7233

97PontiacW68
04-19-2005, 10:26 AM
this is the funniest damn thread ive read in a long time :thumbsup

Flight_740
04-19-2005, 10:29 AM
"Do Yall finance?" <---------I hear it every day.

MitchMeister-
04-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Hey, im really interested in your balls. Ball. I was wondering if i could take it for a few test throws, just to be sure it does have any aftermarket mods, and that you do know what you talking about.

And i checked that Ballfax report, and it said it got hit by a bicycle in 2002!

(actually , my carfax report told me that my T/A got hit by a non-motor bicycle in 88'. lol)

BAD LS1
04-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah do you provide financial service? "J's state bank"??? :rolf

Most people cant finance a bag of chips :wooo

Even more couldnt finance a bag of chips with half down on it :wow

Or is the ball come with chinese financing? Onelumpsum? :rolf

jbiscuit
04-21-2005, 11:19 AM
sorry to have neglected the thread. I was meeting a potential buyer in PA this week and he couldn't come up with the cash so yes the ball is still for sale. Pig Pen is correct. I am the original owner of the ball. It is in IMMACULATE condition. It has only been used to spot a few Hondas, one Buell and an LT1 Camaro. The Penn logo was shaved by a professional Penn customizer in St. Louis. All paperwork is included with the sale. I guarantee the Balfax came up legit....I have to be honest that one child a few months back tried to lick the ball...needless to say, I hit him in his throat and he still has trouble swalowing from that escapade.

http://jmason.org/albums/2003-12-Ireland-for-Xmas-and-New-Year/tn/evan-and-tennis-ball.jpg_640x640.jpg

The ball HAS been stored indoors and is only brought out in nice weather. Never been hit by a tennis racquet. There is no rot on the inside of the ball. The hole that is tapped is done very discretely and will allow water to be injected by an experienced individual. I must reiterate, this ball is not for rookies, ricers or JV tennis stars. Welcome to the All American of tennis balls. With this ball in your possession, you are gonna win some HUGE spots at RSD! :stare

here is a more recent shot, showing the other side of the ball....no damage at all and take note that the logo has been shaved.

http://www.marstonhotels.co.uk/images/upload/pool/hotels/hcc_tennis_ball.jpg

jbiscuit
04-21-2005, 11:20 AM
thank you for the bumposaurus also. That guy kicks ass!

junk mx6 no rly
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf

sidewayzbimmer
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey the last picture is decieving! It doesnt look like it is shaved! Looks pretty shaggy to me! Is the price firm at 3 dollars?
bryan

jbiscuit
04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
I'll take $2.90 for it.

sloLs1
04-26-2005, 09:46 PM
how many miles are on it? and i would like to see more pictures because i want to make sure there are no scratches on it. very intrested!