PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions quick

MitchMeister-
04-12-2005, 03:10 PM
#1.. since i have this new tranny.. i decided i need a short throw shifter and a new clutch.

Shifters... B&M Ripper Shifter or Hurst Billet Plus Shifter? the are $164 and $165, respectively. So whats better? i was looking at teh B&M personally, but does anyone have a personal prefrence and why?

Clutch kits: Whats the best for under $300?
I was lookin at teh centerforce duel-friction # CTF-DF161056 on summit.
I talked to a guy who has a zoom multi friction and he loves it. What should i get for around 300 hp/ 350 torque?

Thanks

Karps TA
04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I've had a Ripper since like 96 in mine and love it. Never tried the Hurst. Most people if given a choice will take a Pro 5.0 though.

Clutchwise I can only say that I didn't especially like the Ram clutch that I had. This time using a Spec. Most 3rd genners like the CF though.

USMARINE1108
04-12-2005, 06:41 PM
I've got a Pro 5.0, and love it.

Crawlin
04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
spend the money on the pro 5.0. had it in my mustang and in my LS1 car. i had the hurst shifter and i wouldn't put it in another car. it was ok, but i also added a short stick and that was better, but not as good as the pro 5.0. i've driven a B&M before and it was a good shifter, so i can't say anything bad about it.

Chris

Crawlin
04-12-2005, 06:49 PM
for clutches, i had a bad BAD experience with Centerforce DF clutches. but that was on an LT1 car. they seem to be ok on the mustang crowd cars, so who knows. i have a spec and it was awesome, it's for a little more than what you are putting out, but they come in various stages for different power handling capabilities.

Chris

MitchMeister-
04-13-2005, 01:11 PM
thanks everyone. i orderd the pro 5.0 and instead of a clutch im getting cat-back exhaust. which is a lot better for me right now, cause i have no exhaust.. lol.

getting hooker cat-back. hear nothing but good reviews for it. i had flowmaster, but the droan in the car was too much at hwy speeds.