PDA

View Full Version : Bye turbo :(

deciuss
04-07-2005, 02:35 PM
well im parting out the civic and returning it back to stock. i have finaly realized it has not been worth it. the car was a fun sleeper that was a cavaler/neon ect killer but it will never compeat with the big boys due to not being able to have a better ems then a greedy emanage. and on top of all the sencer problems that have plauged the car for the last 3 weeks its time.

you where right i was wrong.

hopefully my next car will be what im looking for.

jbiscuit
04-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm disappointed that I never got to see it clock off a 12 second pass at GLD. So whats next now D, maybe a blown CRV? :headbang

deciuss
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
geo metro i think it will look funny having such a fat person in a tiny car and i will make people laugh and feel happy the rest of the day

deciuss
04-07-2005, 03:23 PM
no matter what i say im gona get yellow your just going to rag on me no matter what so im not saying jack.

Pig Pen
04-07-2005, 03:47 PM
geo metro i think it will look funny having such a fat person in a tiny car and i will make people laugh and feel happy the rest of the day

It would make me feel happy, like in Tommy Boy, "fat guy in a little coat..."

But way to realize what most of us have said for long time now.

SlowStee
04-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm disappointed that I never got to see it clock off a 12 second pass at GLD. So whats next now D, maybe a blown CRV? :headbang
:rolf

RedGSX
04-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear your giving up. No matter what all these guys say. Hope you find what your looking for in your next project... :thumbsup

deciuss
04-07-2005, 08:06 PM
what drove me over the edge was just having all the o2 sencer problems the wastgate is sticking atm and finding out that aem does not make kits for autos when i called for the part number for a ems :alcoholic all that at the same time just makes me look at my car and hate it now its no longer fun to drive.

to be honest im looking at a used is300

CruxGNZ
04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
to be honest im looking at a used is300
...or did you mean a SC300 with a 2JZ engine swap? Or how about and old Datsun Z car with a SBC? Or a BMW 3 series with a LS1 engine swap? Come on, be bold, be different! :D

!M!

Prince Valiant
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh well...get through school, then get another project. If your cool, you'll do one like my car. :)

deciuss
04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
honestly if i could find one i would love to keep the civic and restore an old chevell (spelling) for a project car. i would learn a lot more about cars that way.

but the is300 with the supra swap its sooo eye candy at the moment. only thing im finding that will be dificult with the is300 no matter what you want to do it costs lots of $$$$.

Pig Pen
04-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I know of a IS300 for sale for 25,000, dont' know if that's high or not.

deciuss
04-07-2005, 11:26 PM
depends on the miles. 25k is usualy around 25,000 miles for 35,000-45,000 its like 22 grand. need to wate till the end of may to figure out the cash flow for summer ect, dont want to rush into something and get over my head on payments ect.

Al
04-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Sooooooooo...

What are you doing with the parts? Can I turn your mistake into my mistake?!?

Pig Pen
04-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Maybe its me, but I just think that car is just really F-ing expensive. I know its a Lexus, but Damn, its not like its got that much of a following in the US like they thought it would to justify the seemingly high resale on them.

Thats just me, and I really know nothing about these cars.

But in all seriousness, its too bad your giving up on the Civic, its never cool to see a dream die, no matter how much you might blast on the owner when he's trying to get it done or how much you disagree. Now, get another car so we can get back to the :chair: !!!

DirtyMax
04-07-2005, 11:39 PM
chevell (spelling)

You do realize that it took you ten times longer to type "(spelling)" in parentheses than it would have to just go back and add an e, don't you?

Not being a d!ck, just bored... :yawn:

deciuss
04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
the turbo parts? im selling every thing for 2,800ish but im still thinking.

sf turbo kit, t3 super 60
profec e-01 boost controller (never been used)
ET gauge 1 week old allready taped into the manifold
boost gauge.
comes with all new oil pan fittings lots of new hoses, new air filter ect dumb sf sent me 2 of all the small things.

turbo runs fine the problem is the car basicly is rejecting it at every turn but thats mainly due to the fact of no fuel managment system. just trying to cut my losses before i sink any more into a car that will make tops 12psi not the 18+ i was hoping. on a m/t civic this kit is the one that made 304hp on 16psi i belive.

deciuss
04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
pig pen, ya this has been really hard for me today im really bumed about having to give up. like i said when i first joined the civic will be a good learning experiance and it was. i went from having a huge banner as you may have remeberd to learning what i know now. the learning is not done i have a long way to go but i feal the civic was an eazy platform to learn the basics of a turbo on.

and your right the is300 is expensive and im going to need to sit on this decision for a while (hopefully i wont flaten it to bad)

Pig Pen
04-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Just me, but the older Supras I think are pretty cool, you should consider one of those as a teacher car for the Toyata class.

Al
04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm going to have to say that the price is way more than I expected you to say. I was expecting about 1k.

HITMAN
04-09-2005, 12:51 AM
turbo runs fine the problem is the car basicly is rejecting it at every turn but thats mainly due to the fact of no fuel managment system. just trying to cut my losses before i sink any more into a car that will make tops 12psi not the 18+ i was hoping. on a m/t civic this kit is the one that made 304hp on 16psi i belive.

Why not use a piggy-back like Hondata (http://www.hondata.com/aboutus.html) ? Or go with Uberdata (http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html) and really challenge your grey matter. Either one of those systems require a virgin OBD1 computer (P28 for an automatic, available on Ebay if you don't already have one) to chip. Because you're OBD2, you'll also need an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness from Boomslang Fabrication (http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm). Once done, you should be able to control whatever you want, for one heck of a lot less money than the AEM.

Hondata is the better system for someone not REALLY familiar with computers. You can get everything you need for this at King Motorsports (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.asp?brand=Hondata&category=Engine), including the tuning, if you want.

Don't give up, just do your homework and make your junk fast.

FANAT1C
04-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Don't give up, just do your homework and make your junk fast.

Very well said!! :thumbsup

deciuss
04-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Hondata is the better system for someone not REALLY familiar with computers. You can get everything you need for this at King Motorsports (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.asp?brand=Hondata&category=Engine), including the tuning, if you want.

hondat does not make a product for the d17 infact really no one does most of the parts needed to be custom fabricated.

1 grand for my turbo kit? the full kit cost me 3,500 and on top of that im adding like 700 bucks worth of gauges to it. the sf kit that i have goes for 2,500 on ebay with just there basic kit and i dont have there basic kit

turbogarrett
04-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey deciuss, I've got a clean, white 93 gsx with lots of mods that may be looking for a loving owner.

HITMAN
04-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Hey deciuss, I've got a clean, white 93 gsx with lots of mods that may be looking for a loving owner.

Hey, I've got a buddy looking for a 93/94 GSX. How much are you looking to get for it?

awsomeears
04-09-2005, 02:19 PM
hopefully my next car will be what im looking for.

Get a neon :rolf

Prices are much cheaper as all that stuff your listing :wooo

Neon turbo kits have went down in price, FMIC w/S20g are $3200.

Build a turbo motor for $800-900

Stage master 4 clutch w/ 4-puk clutch $600

DSS Stage III axles off ebay $650

Get a neon Free -$500 ( I paid $100 :headbang )

And a few other things....................

Just a thought because I see alot of people droping there projects because its getting to be a MONEY PIT or they tuning products Cost a sh!t load, or you can't reach your boost goal, my buddy pushed 28psi on the same set up I listed. The real Hp was 354 WHP :thumbsup and he still ran a Stock Tb Stock intake, Stock head.

Anyways good luck on your car and the next project :thumbsup

deciuss
04-09-2005, 02:38 PM
i know moding a car is a money pit. what would you chose thow a 180hp (my car on 8psi) or a 300hp+ money pit, i would chose the 300+ one my self hence a new car

jbiscuit
04-11-2005, 12:35 PM
don't toss in the towel D yet man.....do some research like Hitman said and get that thing going! :headbang

Pig Pen
04-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I COULD BE THAT LOVING OWNER SEND ME A PM FOR THE PRICE PLEASE!!!!

BAD LS1
04-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I COULD BE THAT LOVING OWNER SEND ME A PM FOR THE PRICE PLEASE!!!!

HA HA!! Jim doesnt want it! I DO!!! i want a DSM as a new project car, ive been threatening to get one for 2 years now :durr

jbiscuit
04-12-2005, 03:09 PM
whoa...Tommy with a DSM could be scary! Small displacement, here you come! :thumbsup :rolf