PDA

View Full Version : dyno tuning your pocket rocket

Bee
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
just some info on people dynoing their rides.... any additional hints please post!!! good info here..... :thumbsup

tuning should be left for people that are knowledgeable in ecu/ecm software tuning... becareful where you tune.. make sure the dyno facility is knowledgeable with the dyno machine itself. Most of all inform to the staff there what ECU/computer you are running and make sure they can tune that software...... don't just run a car on a dyno without the staff knowing how to utilize your software. Lastly make sure the a/f numbers are within the safe zone and that the dyno facility does accomodate you with the a/f wideband.... never run w/o it!!! becareful!!! seen too many horror stories at multiple dyno facility...

if they do let you run the car yourself do it yourself.....if you know what you are doing!!!!

Irish
04-06-2005, 10:41 PM
can you tune carb'd mustangs??? :headbang

slowlx
04-06-2005, 11:30 PM
I agree with Bee on this one. You REALLY need to watch a/f ratio. I have seen far too many people with fuel injected cars (4cyl and V8) see a bit of a power gain when slightly lean, so they continue to lean it out. BAD CHOICE, keep you a/f as close to optimum as possible, and mess with the other parameters.
Also, if you are running N2O, read the sparkplugs, not the dyno sheet. For example, a 400 HP fogger kit uses #40 jets on both fuel and nitrous sides (per NOS). Do you really have to be "square" on the jets.....no, you can lean it out by running a slightly smaller fuel jet, and you will gain power, and a little harder "hit", but one jet size can be the difference between a blown motor, or a good motor, and there is a good chance that you will gain power right up to that wrong jet choice. If you read your plugs, you can tell when you are getting too lean before you make that bad change.

TheBlueSupra
04-07-2005, 12:20 AM
From what i have seen you should also leave it alittle rich if anything. on the street it tends to lean out alittle more.

SlowStee
04-07-2005, 04:44 AM
enough of this talk Bee, When is your dyno going to be in? :goof

RespectfulRicer
04-11-2005, 09:35 PM
enough of this talk Bee, When is your dyno going to be in? :goof

Yeah I heard you guys were getting a dyno from my buddy at school. If you need somone to operate it I'm a fast learner :thumbsup .

Whats really gonna blow your lid is I'm not joking! Hit me back with info.