PDA

View Full Version : 81 Monte in Hemmings Muscle Machines

Rocket Power
04-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I just got my may '05issue of HMM and there is a 81 Monte with the carbed turbo engine in it. I think they may be streching the definition of muscle by including this 170 hp terror but it's nice to see G-bodies get some ink. :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
04-05-2005, 10:49 AM
That's the thing I love about that rag...it's got ALL kinds of great cars in there. I personally never even knew a turbo monte existed :confused That's rare as hell when I never even knew...

...plus, they are building up a late 70's AMX, IE, the eagle kind!!! With an inline six to boot :thumbsup

Since they do alot of features on underpowered muscle cars, I'd expect to see alot more G-bods in there :goof joking, joking!

Rocket Power
04-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I knew there was a turbo Monte, I just didn't know they did them on the 81&up body. I thought they stopped with the 80.
By way of comparison, the G-body 442 307 had 180 HP. Draw-through turbos suck :goof

Maybe they'll have one of my style slows-mobiles in there soon. :rolf

PB86MCSS
04-06-2005, 11:22 PM
There was a 80' Turbo Monte at Durham(or is it Fishers) junkyard by Al's, a couple years back....it was complete and ran, the guy said it was already sold for $400....I went back a year or so later and it was in the yard with the motor gone and some other parts missing :rolleyes: . I swiped the Chevy bowtie/turbo dash badge but lost it :(.

Rocket Power
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Speaking of those two yards, What's up with them being closed at 3:30 on a Saturday.
Me and my friend went to Al's after we had to work Saturday for a Sunfire window motor which a new office guy said would be $40 :stare (you can get a new one at AZ for $45)
So we wandered around Al's looking for stuff (slim pickin's on the G-Olds). Then we decided to try the other two (first time for me) and they were closed. WTF? :mad:

PB86MCSS
04-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Yea they have some lame hours. Small operations so if they don't feel like being open they aren't basically it seems.

Both have a good handful of g-bodies though...the yard closest to 36 has them all on the back right side. Neither had tons of goodies but theres some ok stuff there, IRC.

Rocket Power
04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Do you know if the Bench seat seatbelt and a Bucket seat belt are the same?
Angie needs one for her 442 (somehow got a hole in it before we bought the car)