PDA

View Full Version : Possible suspension of my license

ExStyle
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
So in december I got a ticket racing up on highway which was 6 points. I slowed down and stopped that. Friday night on my way home at 1:16am I rolled into delafield coming from heartland doing 52 and it dropped to a 35. A cop coming off a side street clocks me 52 in a 35 17 over and after rudely telling me a didnt learn my lesson (Im tired on my way home I clearly was out to race) and saying he was giving me a break by not checkin my tint(stock) and muffler (loudmouth which is pretty much straight pipes so he wins that one lol). Gave me a ticket for for 4 points and told me they would double because its my second offense in a calendar year on probationary license (I turn 18 july). So thats a total of 14 points and license suspension pending court on may 9th. What are my chances of getting the ticket dropped to 2 points and keeping my license? Any suggestions anything I should know about?

Black98GT
04-04-2005, 09:59 PM
You probably have to get a lawyer. Wont save any money, but you could keep your license.

And also...

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/7260/ahole.jpg

jk man h ope it works out

ExStyle
04-04-2005, 10:30 PM
LOL that was a funny movie. So you think Ive got no chance without a lawyer?

lotsals1
04-04-2005, 10:35 PM
So in december I got a ticket racing up on highway which was 6 points. I slowed down and stopped that. Friday night on my way home at 1:16am I rolled into delafield coming from heartland doing 52 and it dropped to a 35. A cop coming off a side street clocks me 52 in a 35 17 over and after rudely telling me a didnt learn my lesson (Im tired on my way home I clearly was out to race) and saying he was giving me a break by not checkin my tint(stock) and muffler (loudmouth which is pretty much straight pipes so he wins that one lol). Gave me a ticket for for 4 points and told me they would double because its my second offense in a calendar year on probationary license (I turn 18 july). So thats a total of 14 points and license suspension pending court on may 9th. What are my chances of getting the ticket dropped to 2 points and keeping my license? Any suggestions anything I should know about?Get a lawyer and point reduction school and is it the same cop over and over ? If so he may be profileing you and that is against the law

lotsals1
04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
LOL that was a funny movie. So you think Ive got no chance without a lawyer?nope--slight chance but a layer is only 150 200 bux and he will go for a higher ticket and less points --just be sure to pay the tickets on time ;) PS Rubber wheels beats rubber heels ;)
Slow down --its way to early for you to lose your license --you will be bummed --and eventuly will have to get the ol sr22 just to drive and the sr22 is a big dollar insurance deal

ExStyle
04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Where might I find such a lawyer? (no not the same cop)

lotsals1
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Where might I find such a lawyer? (no not the same cop)what city did ya get the tickets in?

ExStyle
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
racings was greenfield on highway.
Speeding was in delafield.

SlowStee
04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Speeding was in delafield.
yoosof has a link posted on BCM for the lawyers everyone uses for speeding tickets, do a search ;)

ponyride00
04-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I use Courtney and Molter

TheBlueSupra
04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
get a lawyer

lotsals1
04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Speeding was in delafield.I've used kingsted law offices in greenfeild for greenfeild tickets they know the judge really good --I have frequent visits to their offices :D

Neal Steffek
04-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Get a ten speed bike. It is good exercise. :thumbsup

ffvetteman
04-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I dont want to sound negative, but you may be in trouble. When i was 18 I got 3 tickets, #1 a Cruising (failure to obey traffic sign) on the highway 3 pts, #2 a illegal left turn in Milwaukee 3pts, #3 an burned out headlight on the highway 3pts all in one month. I went to court on all 3, with a lawer on the headlight, and they did not budge on any of them. Lost my license for 2 months. Luckly it was Dec-Jan but I got screwed.

SlowStee
04-05-2005, 01:39 AM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322&highlight=speeding+tickets

TheBlueSupra
04-05-2005, 02:29 AM
i was given big breaks twice. the first was a imprudent speed ticket i was goin probably 70 in a 30 but the officer didnt have a radar on just saw me fly past. that was dopped to non regestration to vehicle no points.
second one was 28 over in a 55 and was dropped to 5-10 over.
my third ticket they wouldnt do anything but i didnt bother getting a lawyer since i figured it was way to bad for even a lawyer to help with 105 in a 55 putting bus lengths on a evo. :headbang

seeing as your speed wasnt crazy i would think they will do something for you.

GTSLOW
04-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Honestly if you have that much stuff @ the age of 17. It's time to sell the camaro and buy a 3cyl metro! You couldn't speed if you wanted too :rolf

SlowStee
04-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Honestly if you have that much stuff @ the age of 17. It's time to sell the camaro and buy a 3cyl metro! You couldn't speed if you wanted too :rolf
or buy a 96 4.3L S10

:rolf

GTSLOW
04-05-2005, 05:36 AM
or buy a 96 4.3L S10

:rolf

Or any lt1 powered gm (other than the one you have)! :thumbsup :loser :punch:

97PontiacW68
04-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Anyone ever hear of Dan McCormick.. Attorney at Law? .. This guy got me out of my 8 point ticket.. dropped all the points .. was speeding past the airport got nailed by the milwaukee sherrif dept... Got the ticket reduced to a non moving parking violation and the ticket price stayed the same :thumbsup

ChevelleBabe88
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Jason Jason Jason...i think u should slow down a little bit :) haha...its ok u can join the no license club with scott HAHA! :goof j/k u should get a lawyer. at least try :thumbsup

Flight_740
04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
You dont need a lawyer, just go to court and talk yourself. You will always get the points reduced. Dont snap up on a lawyer for things you can do yourself.

Jsho13
04-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Try and talk them down in points or try and talk them into delaying your court date until you can take a traffic safety school. Thats what I did when I got my third ticket on the way home from up north. I signed up for traffic safety school through WCTC for like $35. It was five hours for three saturdays and wasn't bad at all. No final test or anything just go and attend class and they give you three points back.

Kevin_315
04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
hey i got a lawer that will get rid of any 4 point violation, since it originally was a 4 point he will get rid of it (would turn to 8 AFTER your convicted in court) if you went to court you could get it down to 2, however i would just get the lawyer to get rid of the thing, and its only 100$ oh by the way gl with the racing ticket most lawyers that i know of can only get it to 4 points (check that greenfield one on this) ususally which is what you can just by going to court, if you want to know specifics about court or want some help preparing I could help you if you'd like. My advice is to go to court on the racing, I'll get the other lawyer info today as i misplaced it and am just going to go to there office lol.

Kevin_315
04-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Try and talk them down in points or try and talk them into delaying your court date until you can take a traffic safety school. Thats what I did when I got my third ticket on the way home from up north. I signed up for traffic safety school through WCTC for like $35. It was five hours for three saturdays and wasn't bad at all. No final test or anything just go and attend class and they give you three points back.

he could do this for the racing ticket but it would be pointless for the speeding, i would save the freebie for another time when he needs it more it would only drop the racing from 4 to 3 and if it dont double it dont matter then

Nix
04-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Ive always gone in by myslef and its been 50/50. Either they will drop the points and keep the fine or they will say go f!@# yourself cause your so young and havent already learned your lesson from your previous experience. Iam gonna have to say you might want to anti up with a lawyer. IMO

98whitegpgt
04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Hire a lawyer man. I was in the exact same predicment as you, but my lawyer got me free and clear for $150!!!!! Let me know if you want his name and #.

ExStyle
04-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Well Im gonna try and go for a lawyer, and go to traffic school if I can even if I dont need itmore points is good. I dunno I quit the racing I was on my way home at 1:16 in the morning who was I racing there was ONE other car turning onto i94 down there. I cant loose my license Ill go nuts. Im not selling the car so no ten speeds or other lt1 gm cars(nice slip by the way lt1 was in the 94-96 grandsport vette). Is highway psted as no cruising? Ive never seen any signs just the no u turn. The racing ticket was in december and the court date has passed so I dont think I can take it to court anymore right?

ExStyle
04-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Also were can I do traffic saftey school and how do I go about rescheduling the court date to allow me to finish saftey school

Syclone0044
04-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Has anyone gotten a "Racing On Hwy", HWY 100 S 108th St. ticket reduced below 4 pts or dropped? I know it is especially easy to get tickets dropped in Milwaukee County but racing ACTUALLY ON HWY 100 is by far the hardest to get reduced. If you guys got it accomplished I would be interested (post here or PM).

Jsho13
04-05-2005, 08:19 PM
MATC and WCTC both offer traffic safety school. If your court date passed a while ago and you didnt pay the fine they might have a warrant out for you. I would call asap but I doubt they will let you reschedule that court date but the other one they might. I hired a layer when I got my speeding ticket in shawano county and all he could do is talk them into posponing the fine by a couple months inorder to let me finish traffic safety school. I thought the class would be hell but it was actually kind of funny listening to other peoples stories. I thought I was bad with three speeding tickets but just wait till they tell you about their citations :rolf

Al
04-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Here is what you do:

Get a lawyer.
Go to court.

Pay for the points school asap because it can fill up and you will be sol. If court goes well and you end up with 1 pt, then you cancel the points school and save that one for another day.

This sounds like a $500 deal right now. Also, be aware that your insurance will now go up with any adittional ticket. Most companies give you two intermediate tickets before they jump the rates. But street racing is a major ticket so you might be paying a premium already. If you get the racing ticket lowered, your head will be that much higher above the water.

As for your car, is the insurance worth it? You might as well sell that car an buy a 6 cyl so you can swap an LS1 into it. Think about it: LS1 power, 3.8L insurance! (but keep your recipts if there is ever an accident so you can get your $$$ back...i think that is legal)

ExStyle
04-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Im quite happy with my LT1 thank you and changing an engine in the car and not telling the company cant be legal at least they wont have to legally pay me anymore. All I have on it is pl/pd the car isnt worth enough to justify collision. It was only $250 every six months before the tickets now who knows.

SlowStee
04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Here is what you do:

Get a lawyer.
Go to court.

Pay for the points school asap because it can fill up and you will be sol. If court goes well and you end up with 1 pt, then you cancel the points school and save that one for another day.

This sounds like a $500 deal right now. Also, be aware that your insurance will now go up with any adittional ticket. Most companies give you two intermediate tickets before they jump the rates. But street racing is a major ticket so you might be paying a premium already. If you get the racing ticket lowered, your head will be that much higher above the water.

As for your car, is the insurance worth it? You might as well sell that car an buy a 6 cyl so you can swap an LS1 into it. Think about it: LS1 power, 3.8L insurance! (but keep your recipts if there is ever an accident so you can get your $$$ back...i think that is legal)
too bad that would cost an unbelievable amount of money

Al
04-06-2005, 01:56 AM
I wasn't expecting to hear $250/ 6 months. The last time I paid that little was when I had my first car, my Safari, which was $385/ 6 months, but it was one of those super-insurances with over a million dollars in coverage.

My third ticket doubled it, and then my prelude 2.5Xed that.

So...nevermind that. But it could be safe to assume that the price will go up/

fireguyrick
04-06-2005, 02:53 AM
250 every 6 mo :wooo

Man, I pay 180/mo for my car, and I am married with a clean record, multicar, and home owners.....of course you are only paying liabilty....

Milwaukee County is EASY to get stuff reduced, got a 6 point ticket reduced to 0 points and $140 dollar no standing/no stopping ticket.....but I also knew the Court Commissioner.

I do know that outside municipalities can be a PITA frequently.

Either way good luck, and oh yeah, like everyone else said

SLOW DOWN :goof

Rick

Kevin_315
04-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Also were can I do traffic saftey school and how do I go about rescheduling the court date to allow me to finish saftey school

Courtney & Molter
11110 n old world third street suit 670
milwaukee wisconsin 53203
224-6070

Like i said 100$ you can get the 4 pointer dropped
No way your going to get that 6 point dropped below 3, they can tell you about the class and if you go to court they will lower it to 4 automatically and the class will lower it another point. This is my suggestion though. (or you could pay them another 100$ to do the racing ticket but its worth saving the money to do it yourself)

Al
04-06-2005, 03:23 PM
250 every 6 mo :wooo

Man, I pay 180/mo for my car, and I am married with a clean record, multicar, and home owners.....of course you are only paying liabilty....

Aren't you over 25? I guess rates drop when you turn 25.

When that happens for me, I'll buy a more expensive car (with some more kick to it).

fireguyrick
04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Aren't you over 25? I guess rates drop when you turn 25.

When that happens for me, I'll buy a more expensive car (with some more kick to it).

Nope, I am 23. Even when I turn 25 it probally will not drop much from what my Agent tells me.

Part of why it is expensive is because I have the car valued at $15K more than blue book, so as to cover all the mods.

Then I also have 100/300/100 with a 250 deductable.

I am not complaining, before I switched to State Farm I was getting bend over a chair Kobe style by Progressive (280/mo) :chair:

Rick

T-Bag
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Those tickets will be reduced, even without a lawyer. I got my racing ticket on hwy 100 (which was also my first ticket :) ) dropped down to 3 points. I got 2 tickets after that and had to take point reduction school. You'll be fine, but if you want to be absolutely safe...get a lawyer i suppose. Just sign up for that point reduction class, most insurance companies will give you lower rates as well for taking it.

ExStyle
04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Ok Ill get signed up for the class tommorow anyone know how I can contact wctc or another place and set up to take the course?

Jsho13
04-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Look up the number in the phone book and ask when their next course is, then go in there and fill out a couple sheets of paper and your all set

ExStyle
04-06-2005, 09:40 PM
As per the WI DMV website reguarding traffic saftey courses.
-No point reduction is permitted if in one year a person accumulates 12 or more points which would require suspension.

Al
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Nope, I am 23. Even when I turn 25 it probally will not drop much from what my Agent tells me.

Part of why it is expensive is because I have the car valued at $15K more than blue book, so as to cover all the mods.

Then I also have 100/300/100 with a 250 deductable.

I am not complaining, before I switched to State Farm I was getting bend over a chair Kobe style by Progressive (280/mo) :chair:

Rick

I think I need some better insurance. Besides, my record will be clean in a few weeks.

Jsho13
04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
As per the WI DMV website reguarding traffic saftey courses.
-No point reduction is permitted if in one year a person accumulates 12 or more points which would require suspension.

Not true . . . I racked up a 6 point speeding ticket that wans't reduced as well as a four pointer that doubled within a four month period; and they still allowed me to take the traffic safety class.

ExStyle
04-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Well I signed up $53, 3 saturdays 9am - 2pm. Unfortunatley the second sat is may 7th so i wont be finished before my court date. Hopefully the judge well like that Ive taken it and give me a break by either reducing the points or delaying the fine. Thanks for the help and advice guys! Ill let you know how it goes. Ill probably stop by at highway tonight anyone at oscars say hi! Ill be in my car probably (93 Z28 its black stock silver wheels and slp loudmouth exhaust)

ChevelleBabe88
04-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Good boy! :goof hopefully you'll still have ur license. :)

Kevin_315
04-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Well I signed up $53, 3 saturdays 9am - 2pm. Unfortunatley the second sat is may 7th so i wont be finished before my court date. Hopefully the judge well like that Ive taken it and give me a break by either reducing the points or delaying the fine. Thanks for the help and advice guys! Ill let you know how it goes. Ill probably stop by at highway tonight anyone at oscars say hi! Ill be in my car probably (93 Z28 its black stock silver wheels and slp loudmouth exhaust)

jw so why dont u change your court date? or you could always ask the judge for more time, just be like i'm in the middle of this class. (If he decides to be a prick and not go with your idea)