PDA

View Full Version : Had the Camaro out this weekend.

PonyKiller87
04-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Spent pretty much the whole day sat working on the car. Cut an access panel in the back over the tank, and installed my walbro 255 fuel pump. Put a new Holley Adjustable fuel pressure regulator on, I wonder if the fact that the center rod in the old one being bent was causing a problem ??? While I had the plenum off I checked the egr, and go figure it was totaly ****ed, I tried to do the push the diaphram in and see if it leaks and it was stuck, after beating on it I got it to move, but then it wouldnt come back. Lucky me had another one on one of the other TPI setups that I have. So around 9ish I think it was we finaly hit the road. I was rolling with Mark (sparkyballs) who was in his new 01 WS6. We hit HWY a little bit, stopped at Oscars... bumed around having fun. It was a great first weekend out in the car, it was running better than it has in a long time. I will say though that it gets damn cold this time of year when you dont have a heater. Oh well, now all I have to do is get some time to start working on the chip tuning so I can really get it running good.

Prince Valiant
04-03-2005, 11:22 PM
I was out too...but didn't see you out :(

It is fun to get the car out after not having it out for so long though...I am still in the process of disconvering it's bugs. Still have some fine tunning as well...discovered that mine has some roughness issues at certain throttle settings so much more carb tunning is in order :(

But! It still wails when I open her up, and more is likely to be had :D

Korndogg
04-03-2005, 11:54 PM
had mine out today!!! still wasnt running totally right. but i had fun anyway :)

PonyKiller87
04-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah, working out the bugs kinda sucks.

Right now if I try and launch, it bogs the motor until the rpms come up a little. If I try and go at a higher rpm, it still dogs, if I try and eash off the clutch more its better, but seems like its way to rough on the clutch. So Im not sure if that just needs some tuning to get more power down low, or if the 3.27 gears are just to wimpy with the T56 ??? guess Ill find out soon enough.

From a roll though, shes awesome. Mark and I had a few short little runs where I kept up pretty good. I just gotta get the speedo working so I can see how fast Im going, or Im going to get a ticket, because its just to easy to go fast.

BadAzzGTA89
04-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I just gotta get the speedo working so I can see how fast Im going, or Im going to get a ticket, because its just to easy to go fast.
TRUE :headbang :headbang

PonyKiller87
04-06-2005, 06:34 AM
TRUE :headbang :headbang

Did you get your car out yet?

Oh yeah, still gotta run that sunfire against my truck, lol.

BadAzzGTA89
04-06-2005, 08:02 AM
I had it out to move it over to my new house and put it away in the garage!
But it will be out soon :thumbsup
Oh and if ya want some of the ecotec bring it but don't get mad when a girl's car waxes the man's truck :thumbsup :rolf :rolf

PonyKiller87
04-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Oh and if ya want some of the ecotec bring it but don't get mad when a girl's car waxes the man's truck :thumbsup :rolf :rolf

LOL, ok just as long as you got get mad if the pipes rattle some of the plastic parts off that thing :goof I have like 20 stickers sitting on my desk, I just slap those on and Im ready to kick ass, lol.

Honestly though, I think it will be pretty close, I dont think either one will pull away all that much. Either way a race is a race, all about having fun going fast :headbang

JC70SS
04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I was out too...but didn't see you out :(

It is fun to get the car out after not having it out for so long though...I am still in the process of disconvering it's bugs. Still have some fine tunning as well...discovered that mine has some roughness issues at certain throttle settings so much more carb tunning is in order :(

But! It still wails when I open her up, and more is likely to be had :D

I was out too and didn't see the Valiant....maybe we can race?? :D

Prince Valiant
04-06-2005, 09:32 PM
....maybe we can race?? :D Definitely :devil

If I have the time, it's getting a pretty basic tune this weekend...when I can get to a track and I have all the bugs out (cooling issues, need a better oil pan, etc) I'll feel fine doing the ol' "super tune" to extract the most out of it...

BadAzzGTA89
04-08-2005, 09:56 PM
LOL, ok just as long as you got get mad if the pipes rattle some of the plastic parts off that thing :goof I have like 20 stickers sitting on my desk, I just slap those on and Im ready to kick ass, lol.

Honestly though, I think it will be pretty close, I dont think either one will pull away all that much. Either way a race is a race, all about having fun going fast :headbang
To be honest your gonna be surprised i think the HP rating is kinda close.
But we will see :) IM me with your cell# i lost it.