PDA

View Full Version : New Firebird....

DFJ6000
04-02-2005, 12:41 AM
So i get this firebird. its an 84 5 speed with a 305, bought it knowing that it had a rod knock, has 3.73 gears. paid 400 for it. pretty solid body. so im drivin it to a buddys house, and i shift into second and it feels like i skip a gear but no the whole car shuts off.

I get out and theres oil everywhere, i blew it not even 5 minutes after i bought it. so i get it towed back to my friends house where we lift it to find 2 holes on each side of the oil pan and when we drain the oil for the first 10 seconds its all anti freeze. wow i had to post this cuz i never seen anything like this.

right now were workin on gettin the engine out and then within a few weeks puttin a new one in, pretty sure its gonna be the ole 307 from my nova, but if i could find a complete chevy 350 that wood be ideal.

Crawlin
04-02-2005, 09:03 AM
had a similar thing happen to me in my '98 Z wheni blew the motor coming out of the water box. SPECTACULAR DEVASTATION! haha

DFJ6000
04-02-2005, 02:30 PM
hells yeah, got the engine out, found out theres like 3 holes on each side, the side with the starter on it has a whole bout 4 inches long its sweet

Syclone0044
04-03-2005, 01:26 PM
:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: OH YEAH!!!

I hope you have pics!!! This is AWESOME! Few things I love more than CATASTROPHIC FAILURE!!! Did a rod actually snap??

Chris , what happened on yours? Did a rod blow through the oil pan? Did the block break in pieces? I've gotta know!! haha. Trust me if one of my vehicles ever blows the bottom end I am going to be like a Kid at Christmas time!! :rolf

lotsals1
04-03-2005, 06:24 PM
:pics

DFJ6000
04-04-2005, 01:40 AM
ill get some pics within the week sometime, i took the engine apart and found a rocker sideways, the rod bearing has shattered and blew holes in the oil pan. and numerous other crap.....ill see how fast i can get pics up