PDA

View Full Version : Terri Schiavo 11:06am 3/31/05

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 10:22 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7293186/

The f*cker wouldn't even let her parents in the room when she died :fire :flipoff2:

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Also for anyone who cares http://www.petitiononline.com/ijg520/petition.html

I am #31317. Should've happened a long time ago IMO.

Teufelhunden
03-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Parents weren't present
Brother Paul O’Donnell, an adviser to the Schindlers, said the parents and their two other children “were denied access at the moment of her death. They’ve been requesting, as you know, for the last hour to try to be in there and they were denied access by Michael Schiavo. They are in there now, praying at her bedside.”

Another Schindler adviser, the Rev. Frank Pavone, added that "and so his heartless cruelty continues until this very last moment ... This is not only a death, with all the sadness that brings, but this is a killing, and for that we not only grieve that Terri has passed but we grieve that our nation has allowed such an atrocity as this and we pray that it will never happen again.”

deciuss
03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
guys as much as that guy was a jack ass the thing remains as this. most of her higher funconing brain was destoryed and basicly the only part left functioning was the pons.

the pons sits right above the spinal cord and deals with functons only to keep you alive, breating reflexes things like that. her brain was full of spinal fluid it was basicly destoyed and there is no thecnology to repare this. to rebuild a whole brain basicly her frontal, periatal, ocipital and temperal lobes is just insain to think that can be done. scientests have not even figured out how to stop gliea cells from destroying the milonseath and cells in spinal cords to alow people to walk again.

fixing a spinal cord to let people walk is extreamly simple compared to rebuilding a whole brain and we are still 40+ years out from being able to do that.

she had no thought left for the parts of the brain that worked with memory things like that where destoryed.

im not saying that she should have be killed althow it took a lot of money to keep her alive not only to tax payers but also to the family. but as for her being able to be rehabilitated that was out of the picture which the family could not come to realize.

her husband was an asshat

JC70SS
03-31-2005, 11:01 AM
The husband was an a-hole, but living like that for 15 yrs is not only tax-payer expensive, but cruel too. My Grandmother was like that for 2 weeks before she passed March 1 this year......very hard to watch. Also, don't forget, her Bulimia is what caused this in the first place. If it were a car accident etc. that would be a different story.

Yooformula
03-31-2005, 11:40 AM
guys as much as that guy was a jack ass the thing remains as this. most of her higher funconing brain was destoryed and basicly the only part left functioning was the pons.

the pons sits right above the spinal cord and deals with functons only to keep you alive, breating reflexes things like that. her brain was full of spinal fluid it was basicly destoyed and there is no thecnology to repare this. to rebuild a whole brain basicly her frontal, periatal, ocipital and temperal lobes is just insain to think that can be done. scientests have not even figured out how to stop gliea cells from destroying the milonseath and cells in spinal cords to alow people to walk again.

fixing a spinal cord to let people walk is extreamly simple compared to rebuilding a whole brain and we are still 40+ years out from being able to do that.

she had no thought left for the parts of the brain that worked with memory things like that where destoryed.

im not saying that she should have be killed althow it took a lot of money to keep her alive not only to tax payers but also to the family. but as for her being able to be rehabilitated that was out of the picture which the family could not come to realize.

her husband was an asshat

They had an interview with her doctor that said she was functioning. He specifically said that she was still laughing and had asked to not be allowed to die. This was on MSNBC a few days after the feeding tube was removed.

I dont care what caused her condition but he shouldnt have been allowed to let die just so he could remarry and get her benefits. I understand how hard that is(my grandmother too suffered before she passed) but just walk away if you cant handle it, and let the people who do still care deal with it especially if she is still coherant.

1 judge allowed a husband to kill his wife while several other judges opposed it....only in America. Sorry Joe, but kill the pieces of sh|t on death row before you toss out the tax-payer line or maybe take some of the welfare money and put it to GOOD use. :(

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Ok I have a big heart and care about everone and everything but............................

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This chick had a hard life that she clearly didnt know what was going on, prolly never was there. Yes its very sad but dont you think that she should be in heaven rather then in a bed twitching with a tube in he throat. Im not really religious but I belive there is a heaven when we die :thumbsup so why not let her go in peace.

( They way they let her go was pretty shitty tho :( , but then again if the doc would have gave her a pill to died thats would cause a stir up even more dramatic then what they did, I personally dont have a answer on how they should have let her go :( )

This is just one of those things that you dont know what to say.......

And for the family to keep her like this for all this time makes me upset, you would think they'd have the respect of putting her down ( yes this sounds horrible but freaking think about it ) They family thought about there feelings and not Terri Schiavo's

And what pisses me off is that the Men and Women over in Iraq that are fully active humans are getting killed and hurt and it seems like people can give two shits about it, either cuz there assholes or they dont like BUSH. I personally dont like Bush or Kerry or any politician cuz ther crooked, but thats besides the point men and women are getting blown up over there and the whole nation focuses on this chick thats been in this shape for years and never once paid attention to her until the media blows it up

Media and people are just plain dumb :chair:

R.I.P. Terri Schiavo

Yooformula
03-31-2005, 11:49 AM
According to the petition, he wasted her money for his legal team and even melted her jewelry down for himself....what kind of husband is that? He should have been removed as her gaurdian since he was with another womann in the first place but he used her money to fight that one. Nice guy :punch:

DocDave
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
This is between her parents and her husband. Why does the rest of the world care! Get a life. :fire

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 11:54 AM
This is between her parents and her husband. Why does the rest of the world care! Get a life. :fire

As mean as that sounds....................................

%100 True :thumbsup

animal
03-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Why does the rest of the world care!

Good call dave!

Nix
03-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Sad but true, agreed...

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 12:37 PM
For one actually I have followed this story on and off for about 3 years I just never said anything here because I figured it would stir sh1t up. Not trying to make a real lengthy post here but a couple of points . . .

#1. Her husband has kept her in this "condition" not her family. He is the one that would not allow treatment for the last 15 years. Let's not forget this was only after he won a court case in excess of $1million to "get her rehabilitated" and after he won he cancelled all care and signed a DNS order. The bullemia (sp?) is believed to have basically been caused by him in the first place due to verbal and physical abuse by him over her weight.

#2. It is obvious what his intentions were from the beginning. There are plenty of laws that are supposed to prevent this very situation that were flat out ignored by Judge Greer. Even after the Supreme court basically ordered the courts to re-evaluate the case they did not.

#3. This scenario that just happened should scare the hell out of anyone in the hospital with a feeding tube or anything requiring any form of "life support" even though it was proven that Terri could infact swallow food on her own, the husband just would not allow it. If the courts can do it to her they can almost literally do it to anyone. Just think of all the money hungry people out there just waiting for mom or dad or whoever to kick the bucket so they can get thier insurance money. Might sound far fetched but its true.

#4. Do you starve a dog to death? If she really was that far gone, for the love of god at least do it quickly. Criminals and mass murderers are treated better than this. I garandamn-T you that that judge would not do this to a member of his family.

#5. Also when did hearsay become admissable in court? The husband is the only one who claims to have ever heard her say that "she wouldn't want to live that way" while watching TV. Hell I have said that before but it doesn't mean I'll have that same though 30 seconds from then if asked seriously. It's kind of a reflex coment I think. Besides that how can anyone claim to confirm she even said it in the first place?

It's pretty evident I'm going to get hella flamed by a few people here but seriously, if you do care but agree with what has happened do you know any facts that haven't been spoon fed to you by the "mainstream" media? And if you don't care why take the time to post anything at all.

Yooformula
03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Nobody may care but the bottom line is you DONT starve someone to death. This isnt about just a husband and her parents its about doing the right HUMANE thing. Get a heart! Jesus, people fight over stupid sh|t here everyday but a person dies due to starvation and people basically say it get over it. :rolleyes:

animal
03-31-2005, 12:49 PM
And if you don't care why take the time to post anything at all.

Honestly it's because I'm bored at work and I like to be an a$$hole ;) But that's prolly off topic right ?

pOrk
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Nobody may care but the bottom line is you DONT starve someone to death. This isnt about just a husband and her parents its about doing the right HUMANE thing. Get a heart! Jesus, people fight over stupid sh|t here everyday but a person dies due to starvation and people basically say it get over it. :rolleyes:

I woulda thought there would have been a better way to let her pass, but all in all if I was in her chair I would have wanted someone to pull the plug YEARS ago

SSmike1
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
You hit the Nail right on the head!

Terri should at least have been put under the guardianship of her parents!
under someone who cared about her.
not some jerk who did not care.

That is the issue!

At least she would have had a chance to see if rehab would have worked!

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:12 PM
guys once again there is no treatment for what she had honestly there isent you cant regrow brain matter. every action she did was just a reflex. if you do not belive me please read up on long term/perminent comas. or read up on different parts of the brain. i would love to know what the parents or docters thought they could have done to make her better due to there is nothing even a first year biology student would know that you cant fix brain damage expesualy something that massive.

1. she was not able to talk
2. she was not able to know any one was there
3. she was not able to smile awill things like that

it took them something like 48 hours of tape to get the 5 second vido tape of her eyes (following the ballon)

please dont think that i agree with the husband or any thing if the family wanted her a live i guess fine but people need to realize she was never going to get any better even threw therapies (HER BRAIN WAS DESTORYED and you cant fix that)

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:19 PM
one thing is very important thow on this make sure you have a living will and wright out exactly what you want done. saying dont revive me is not specific enuff since if you had a heart attack and just needed the pattles to live you would die to the dont revive statment.

now if you are more spacific like pull the pug if im in a vegitative state with no hope of coming out of it or after so many years ect thats better. im afraid many people are making living wills and are just saying dont revive me on it when thats totatly different then being in a coma for 15 years.

yes my spellings getting worse today

SSmike1
03-31-2005, 01:20 PM
if you do not belive me please read up on long term/perminent comas.
Just like the person who was in a coma for 7 years,
and came too, awake, all of a sudden one,
with LITTLE brain damage!
and another for 12 years, who awoke with No Damage.

There are exceptions, and she deserved a Chance at Rehab.
Then after rehab, you could possible come to your diagnosis.

And Yoo is correct, it is not right to Starve someone to death!
She Could Swallow!

Lastly, God can fix anything. If he chosses to.
Many Miracles have happened & still will happen!

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:21 PM
I think this is an American low and now we just set a standard that probably is goint to be used in courst for years about the right to die cases involving spouses (who just like The Schiavo's, had a partner that as a **** and didn't love the other when they had tragedy bestowed upon them). The left fights touth and nail about defending the rights of a person who killed and repeadtedly raped, then sadistically cut apart a 13 year old girl walking home from school then called her parents to ask if she was home, from being put down the like the animal he is. The liberal left turns thier back on Terri. Amazing what the people who claim to be the caring, to be the compasionate, to be the higher thinking actually think of human life.

Deciuss, how do we know that's true, the only doctor that gave that medical report was the husbands doctor. He never allowed, nor did Terri ever have, and MRI or a cat scan, which would have ACCURATELY mapped her brain function. All that your stating is assumption the husband's doctor made by doing one on one testing.

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:24 PM
fyi i can go into the way gliea cells and satalite cells effect how the spinal cord and brain heals it self ect but i really dont want to. i could scan my notes if i can find them its very complicated but cell regrowth nural connections ect are one of the reasons why fixing that much damage would not work.

there are thousands of cases around the country and lots more around the world with frontal lobe damage ect that they cant even fix and the frontal lobe is just one of over 30 parts of the different parts of the brain what makes people think you can fix something like what happend that effected much more then just one part?

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:25 PM
The living will shouldn't matter in this case. The only thing that they used to keep her from living was the husbands hearsay comment about her wanting to die that she made 20 some years ago. The last time I heard, hearsay wasn't admissable in court, guess it is now. Good to know, I have a court case coming up. His gaudianship should have been revoked when he had the first of two bastard children with his common law wife, which would have made 3 cases for thier marriage to be terminated. And to get to the nitty gritty of Law, Adultry is illlegal, why not argue that case and use the adultry angle as a way of proving he didn't have Terri's best intrests at heart.

Prince Valiant
03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I disagree that this was simply "between her husband and her parents"

Why?

The courts became involved. Then it is no longer a family matter, but one for the govt (which does consist of all of us) to undertake....and certianly the ISSUES and QUESTIONs that her situation bring up are most certainly a matter for public debate.

First and foremost, those that do not think the gov't should have been involved, I disagree. Are most basic founding document (Decleration of Independence) states that "all individuals are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". It states that these are unalienable rights that are not only to not be denie by the gov't, but protected by them.

Notice, it didn't specify a "normal life", to which we can all agree that teri did not, and most certainly would not live. But she did infact live, and the gov't DOES define that to be a right that cannot be denied. So I certainly believe the acts of congress, et al, were justifiable.

Another thing is the question of "just let them die". This isn't what was happening...if her heart couldn't beat because of brain inactivity, or she was unable to breath because of her condition, or organ failure kept her body from doing their life sustaining functions then removal of life support would be justifiable, no matter WHAT faith one suscribes to.

However, Teri wasn't on life support. Terri was actually a healthy individual. She didn't require life support to keep her alive, artificially.

What terri needed was what all babies need. Basic care. She needed to be cleaned. She needed to have someone change her diapers. She needed to be moved. And she needed to be fed.

Her parents offered to do all of this...this wouldn't have cost the taxpayers a dime (which, btw, is a poor reason to justify who should and who shouldn't recieve treatment...there are FAR more individuals who cost FAR more than terri would have. Which, btw, the only medicare/medicaid bill that was paid on her behalf was for medication for menstral cramps. 20 bucks a month?)

Then there is the issue then, of allowing someone to die by denying medical treatment, and then causing someone to die. If I had cancer, and I chose to withold chemotherapy, I would eventually die, from cancer! If I had cancer and I refused to eat however, it isn't cancer that kills me, but startvation! There is a difference. In one, my affliction killed me, the other it didn't. Letting a disease or condition run it's course is different than undergoing action that aim is to result in death...which is what starvation is. To kill somone in this manner isn't "allowing someone to die", but euthenasia.

Terri's wasn't euthenasia by commision (such as injecting a lethal dose of medication aimed at ending her life), but by ommission.

Withold life support from me and guess what? I live. Withold food from me, and I die. This is true no matter your health or worth.

Plus, humans are poor determiners of what human life is "worth" or who is worthy of living. Everytime history has shown that when humans do this, we are dead wrong. We've said that some humans are less worthy and can thus be owned by other individuals. We've said that they are 3/5ths a person. We've said that those with low intelligence, physical handicaps, or simply their ancestories do not entitle them to life. (speaking of slaves, and nazi treatment of retards/etc/jews). We've always have been wrong...and guess what? We aren't any better today than then.

We, not even for ourselves, have the right to determine what is worthy, and what's not. We are not allowed to commit suicide (it's against the law) nor take someone else life. Our life ends when it ends, and that is when your heart stops beating on it's own.

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
fyi i can go into the way gliea cells and satalite cells effect how the spinal cord and brain heals it self ect but i really dont want to. i could scan my notes if i can find them its very complicated but cell regrowth nural connections ect are one of the reasons why fixing that much damage would not work.

there are thousands of cases around the country and lots more around the world with frontal lobe damage ect that they cant even fix and the frontal lobe is just one of over 30 parts of the different parts of the brain what makes people think you can fix something like what happend that effected much more then just one part?

Why don't you, my cousins a DOCTOR, I'll get him over here to see if you know what your talking about.

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:27 PM
SSmike1

what rehab bro? they took scans of the brain that showed huge amounts of damage. there are 2 different types of comas also. plus not all comas deal with massage brain damage like she had. i know of many cases where people come out of comas years latter but thats not the same type that she had its called consistant vegitated state or something like that i will look it up latter today if need be.

every one keeps saying rehab(spelling) tell me what they where going to do? only way to do it would be to somehow regrow brain cells and get the spinal flued out of the damaged arias and thats just well.......... crazy

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Anyone know why they gave her morphine? Cause they were wrong about her being in no pain while she died. I guess it was a beutiful magical journy like they told us. Now the Popes on a feeding tube, should he die? Which the president we set, if he was in the US, he would, and we'd get to watch his slow death for atleast a week on the tv.

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
ok well the reason why people with spinal damage cant get better is due to i belive the satalite cells (could be gliea dont remeber) insted of basicly tryign to fix the damage cells they destory them. they have been trying to put gliea cells into spinal cords to see if that would help fix the damaged arias but that failed.

ok any ways the brain i belive has the gliea cells they try to repare damaged arias where things like the milonsheath is messed up ect. they do that every day but the thing is this damage is so extensive that it basicly cant fix the cells.

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:32 PM
SSmike1

what rehab bro? they took scans of the brain that showed huge amounts of damage. there are 2 different types of comas also. plus not all comas deal with massage brain damage like she had. i know of many cases where people come out of comas years latter but thats not the same type that she had its called consistant vegitated state or something like that i will look it up latter today if need be.

every one keeps saying rehab(spelling) tell me what they where going to do? only way to do it would be to somehow regrow brain cells and get the spinal flued out of the damaged arias and thats just well.......... crazy

He heavy D, she was getting rehab prior to the million dollar check coming to the husband, then he took her off. Get some facts other then the husbands doctor's story, and I'm still waiting to hear why she never got a cat scan or an MRI? You seem to be the closest thing to a doctor here(funny a doctor that can't spell) so help a bratha out.

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:32 PM
actualy the reason they gave her morfien was when people dehidrated like her in that state they have irreguler breathing. they will not breath then start gasping over and over again. the morfien helps regulate the breating so it basicly does not freek out the people that shes with and made it eazyer on the family

she felt no pain and it was not for pain

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:33 PM
i acutaly never read up on what the husbands doc said due to i knew it was going to be bias. they did a scan thats how they know the brain was damaged and to what extent.

not trying to fight with any one btw just trying to explain more of what went on with the brain i guess ect.

no one still has said what kinda rehab she was going threw ect. if i knew maybe i could tell you what they where trying to accomplish ect.

also im not an expert on this so take what i say with a grain of salt please, just trying to shead maybe some light on what was going on in a brain type of standpoint.

but yes pig there was not enuff tests done to fully know what was all damaged ect but im guessing the more they looked the more damage they would have found since just one scan showed all damage they knew about.

Prince Valiant
03-31-2005, 01:39 PM
1. she was not able to talk
2. she was not able to know any one was there
3. she was not able to smile awill things like that

it took them something like 48 hours of tape to get the 5 second vido tape of her eyes (following the ballon) Where is the proof of this? You mean a doctor spent 48 straight hours trying to get 5 seconds of tape with her? Do you exagerate?

What is one of the most consistently misdiagnosed conditions? Simple. Persistant Vegetative State.

And regardless, even if everything you say is absolutely true (recognizing a ballon, coordinating the muscles to move, and continueing to follow the object is certainly alot more than I'VE ever seen a vegatable do) guess what? Still doesn't mean that person has no rights to live, nor entitles you to kill her.

In any event, your little diatribes about pons is silly. If she was completely brain dead (notice, no doctor said this...just she was in PVS) she would be completely unable to perform the movements or her eyes, head, neck, smile, whatever. It wouldn't happen. At best she would twitch spastically and uncontroably. Essentially, she couldn't live as she would not be able to even breath without heavy medication/sedation and a resperato

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:40 PM
She felt no pain, really? I seriously doubt that along with alot of other people. The most accurate scan they could have done on her brain was a cat scan or MRI, which her husband ORDERED them never to do, because it would have shown, or not shown, what he didn't want to see, that his wife could have been kept alive. Case in point here, is that he codemned her to die the moment his check got to his hands. He didn't even let her have prayer said over her on Monday by Rev. Jesse Jackson. May there be a hot place in hell for this POS to sit in.

Prince Valiant
03-31-2005, 01:41 PM
BTW...why did she recieve medication (the only she receives) for menstural cramps?

BECAUSE WITHOUT IT, SHE WOULD FIGGET AND REACH FOR HER STOMACH!!!! INDICATING PAIN!!!! THUS NEGATING A DIAGNOSIS OF PVS!!!!!!

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 01:42 PM
I'd like to bring to the BCM courts attention that Prince Valiant maybe considered an expert in this matter, and his testimony should be recognized as such.

You are one of the real medical figures here after all (and you can spell the words your trying to pass to us) :thumbsup

deciuss
03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
guys im not saying she should have died, i feal the parents should have been made her gardian not that ass of a husband

never said she was fully brain damaged and if i did im sorry the pons is part of the brain along with the other parts that basicly just do the things that keep you alive. all of thows movments where just reflexes and happend at any time weather a stimulus was present or not.

on the 48 hour thing i heard that on the news someplace over the last few days, who knows if its true or not but to somone in that state yes they would have had to take many hours of tape to get what they wanted just wright.

also prince you are right that it is miss diagnosed inface comes are a very very tricky thing and there are fine lines between the different degreeas. i am aware of what you where getting at with how people in comaes can be awake sorta not having movments but aware of things and that they can be missed. but thows caes do not have the same level of brain damage as this one

Teufelhunden
03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
I'd like to bring to the BCM courts attention that Prince Valiant maybe considered an expert in this matter, and his testimony should be recognized as such.

I 2nd that...

deciuss
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
you guys are older then me so maybe you know when you are married is the spouce have 100% custody of you for like if you die or in this case for all 50 states?

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
I leave my living will on this site, here for all to see.

In the event that I am not capable of taking care of myself, and my brain functions properly, I'd like to have my brain cut out and placed in a robot. The robot shall consist of the following build specs.

-shall be at least 7 feet tall
-shall not be taller than 15 feet tall
-shall look like one of those sweet robots in the japanese cartoons
-shall have one gatling gun hand
-shall have one rocket launcher hand
-rocket launcher shall be nuclear weapons capable
-shall be totally sweet

TheBlueSupra
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
even though she was basically a vegtible (sp) it shouldnt be her husband if you can even call him thats choice. it should be the parents. the guy has a girlfriend and kids now. and from what i heard there were signs that he abused her when they were married. so the guy is a piece of ****.

and for the people that say get a life why do you care.
WHY THE **** do we have news in the paper and on tv? if we shouldnt care.

TheBlueSupra
03-31-2005, 03:30 PM
and another thing. why does are congress spend all this time on changing the laws for one persons case WTF they dont have the money to be ******* around with that. but thats are government huh?

Pig Pen
03-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Your right blue supra, Mike Schitho had been mentally abusing her, telling her if she got fat he'd leave her for years, she starved herself for him, then he starved her for himself.

Sexy83TA
03-31-2005, 04:45 PM
I have not really followed this news story, but all I can comment is that swollowing is not a reflex.

MitchMeister-
03-31-2005, 05:17 PM
personally.. if i was that far gone.. basically just a body and no brain.. i'd want to die. ****, if i get alzheimers like im probably going to.. first time i dont remember something important.. im meeting a tree at 120mph

TheBlueSupra
03-31-2005, 06:06 PM
yea i wouldnt wanna be kept alive either. but this is more about why the hell they aloud that piece or trash guy decide for her. her parents should have the altimate decission. her mother birthed her she should be the only one aloud to take the life away. further more i hope someone murders that guy real soon he doesnt deserve to live.

Crawlin
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
anybody watch South Park last night?

where they couldn't find the last page of Kenny's will? If you haven't seen it, as sick and twisted as that show can sometimes be, the last part really made you think in regards to this situation

deciuss
03-31-2005, 08:07 PM
sexy83ta

actualy swollowing is a a lower function and is a function of one of thows brain systems near the spinal cord. i guess you can call them more primitive type functions (musle contractions and basicly systems that are ment to keep you alive kinda like the bodys life suport) the higher brain functons where the ones that where damaged.

on second thought let me look that one up.

Sexy83TA
03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Actually, there are both voluntary and non-voluntary types of swallowing. If you were to eat or drink, its definatly voluntary. Though, should saliva collect in the back of your mouth, you will unvoluntary swallow.

I assume since people on here say she can indeed swallow, then it had to have been posted somewhere. If it was even explained by some doctor that she could, I assume that they wouldnt mention unvoluntary type funcations since thats primative and nothing worthy of mentioning.

BTW: As I said, I havent been listening to anything about this case so all I know about it is pretty much what has been posted on this thread. But where did you read or hear that the only thing working is the Pons? Should other areas be working such as the mesencephalon, she would be able to process visual and auditory data. Was just curious since you're been debating the anatomy and physiology type part of it.

deciuss
03-31-2005, 08:38 PM
thows are just some of the undamaged arias i dont remeber what they exactly said what arias where damaged but i know that was not some of them, hence im stating what arias would be basicly up and runnign i guess you could say if you look at the brain like a computer.

i belive the cerebelum was one of the major parts damaged and is now just full of spinal fluid and if i remeber correctly that is what diferenciates between us and lets say a mouse. we have a more advanced brain due to that, we have more higherlevel funconing due to that.

correct any thing that i got wrong i have been studying all day for classes so im a little loopy.

Sexy83TA
03-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Well, the cerebellum pretty much has two primarty functions: Adjusts postural muscles of the body and controls fine movements both on a conscious and unconscious level.

Al
03-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Sooooooo....

First they make a big fuss about legalizing abortion...
Then they allow for braindead people to be uthanized...
But they eliminate the death penalty and you can go to jail for animal abuse...

Whats next? Are my grandparents going to die naturally?

SMS 1
04-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Honestly it's because I'm bored at work and I like to be an a$$hole ;) But that's prolly off topic right ?

OK I guess I can go with that :coffee

SMS 1
04-01-2005, 07:50 AM
personally.. if i was that far gone.. basically just a body and no brain.. i'd want to die. ****, if i get alzheimers like im probably going to.. first time i dont remember something important.. im meeting a tree at 120mph

Well you may get your wish in the future if someone digs up your posting here and presents it to a court. Doesn't matter if you have changed your mind by then or not! And that is only one of the true problems surrounding this whole case.

SMS 1
04-01-2005, 08:07 AM
I had typed a lengthy response here but had a power surge that crashed my PC before I hit submit :fire

I'll have to come back to it later because my hands hurt to damn bad to type it all again :mad:

animal
04-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Are my grandparents going to die naturally?

Didn't you know there is no "natural causes" anymore. They renamed that to "cancer".

Seriously though when was the last time you heard of people dying from "natural causes" it's always something different that did them in.

Sexy83TA
04-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Nowadays if you were to dye from "Natural Causes" Its more like dying from phenomia or something.

Al
04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Nowadays if you were to dye from "Natural Causes" Its more like dying from phenomia or something.

Or getting hit by a meteor!