PDA

View Full Version : Dare to Dream Movie: The Alan Kulwicki Story

Teufelhunden
03-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Anyone here a Alan Kulwicki fan? The movie opens tomorrow here in Milwaukee. :thumbsup

http://www.daretodreammovie.com/

http://www.daretodreammovie.com/gallery/images/111.jpg

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I was a fan for awhile :D Still am a bit I guess.

One question though, and not to start aflame war or anything but how is it that AK gets a full on Hollywood production and released in theatre's ect while freakin ESPN had to make a low budget "made for tv" docudrama about Dale Earnhardt? OK Barry Pepper is not what I would expect in a "low budget" film but the rest had "straight to video" written all over it. What gives? :confused

Anyway, I'm not gonna pay $XX.00 to see it in theatre's but I'll get it when it is out on DVD. I'll put it right next to "3" and "Days Of Thunder" :thumbsup

jon_we4
03-31-2005, 10:26 AM
When my parents were dating they used to watch him at Slinger ....

Doesnt look like its playing at any theaters down in IL :(

Teufelhunden
03-31-2005, 10:41 AM
One question though, and not to start aflame war or anything but how is it that AK gets a full on Hollywood production and released in theatre's ect while freakin ESPN had to make a low budget "made for tv" docudrama about Dale Earnhardt? OK Barry Pepper is not what I would expect in a "low budget" film but the rest had "straight to video" written all over it. What gives? :confused

I've heard some of PR for this movie...it was made by couple AK fans on a shoestring budget as far as movies go.

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Hmmm, guess I'll have to look into it a little more :confused

SmokinRAM114
03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
any one see this movie yet?if u see it. in the movie when the gas man says i dont think i got all the gas in. thats my older bro :thumbsup :headbang

Daytonapacecar959
03-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Yes i will be going out tomorrow night to see the movie.I was/am a big AK fan i still have AK NO7 plate on my daily driver.I had the chance to meet alot of his crew back in the day and became friends with one of them and got some sheet metal from some of the cars and have an autogragh tire from the whole crew for my birthday.

Al
03-31-2005, 09:07 PM
They already made a show about earnhart on ESPN. You will have to wait another decade for the full movie.

"slurms" dad had a habit of coming in second at all of the dirt track races when AK was racing.

Another thing: I once got to see a car that AK prepped. For the most part, if you looked at it driving a straight line, it dog-tailed really bad. But that is what he wanted.

BTW- when did that plane crash?

Daytonapacecar959
03-31-2005, 09:12 PM
BTW- when did that plane crash?
April 1 1993

VroomPshhTsi
04-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Yea, they had the debut tonight at Ridge Cinemas in New Berlin. Yea I work there and yes I did work Thursday night when all the friends and family got to see it first. I even got to push the Hooters car back onto the trailer. Not bad for a crappy part time job :goof

SMS 1
04-01-2005, 07:19 AM
They already made a show about earnhart on ESPN. I know, thats what I said :goof