PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone work at a MOLDING shop ? Or knows of any ?

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 12:03 PM
I need somthing molded :thumbsup

I need to talk to someone that knows there sh!t when it comes to this :thumbsup

Im looking for a place that can do larger molds, not 2 x 2 little parts

- Brad -

silververt
03-30-2005, 12:09 PM
How big of a part and how many cavities would the tool need to be?

Are you looking for a place to build and run a tool or just run parts off an exhisting tool?

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 12:18 PM
How big of a part and how many cavities would the tool need to be?

Are you looking for a place to build and run a tool or just run parts off an exhisting tool?

Ummmmmm well I need some one to take my dash piece thats ruffly 35 x 10 x 10 and make a stamped mold or what ever they do and produce them..........

I dont know jack Sh!t about this but it seems like you do so be easy with me :rolf

The piece I have is a Dash from a dodge neon, I custom installed 4 gauge pods and I had the idea of seeing how much $$ it would be to get this molded.

I called one place and they only do 2" x 2" parts so im way over limit.

Im not sure about prices either, I think I may be way over my head but it never hurts to ask :thumbsup

silververt
03-30-2005, 12:23 PM
For a single cav mold that size I would estimate around $250,000. Just a little bit of $.

pOrk
03-30-2005, 12:26 PM
For a single cav mold that size I would estimate around $250,000. Just a little bit of $.

That would be one expensive dodge neon dash!

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM

Well thank you for the INFO :headbang

Looks like ill be doing this the old fashion way :rolf with my HANDS....................

You know everytime I have a question its answered that day with smart people wich kicks ass :thumbsup

Thank you

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 12:32 PM
That would be one expensive dodge neon dash!

Id sell one to barry for $250,000 :rolf

dumb ass would buy it :alcoholic

Teufelhunden
03-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Dont give up so easy.

Try looking in the Thomas Register for a local company. www.thomasnet.com Do you have an material spec in mind? That would help...

Plastic molding shops that serve Wisconsin:
http://www.thomasnet.com/nsearch.html?which=prod&what=plastic+molding&heading=60450202&cov=WI&navsec=modify

Teufelhunden
03-30-2005, 12:52 PM
worth a call

mperial Tool & Plastics Corp.
Greendale, WI
www.itplastics.net

Plastic Molded Concepts, Inc.
111 Murphy Dr.
Eagle, WI 53119
Phone: 262-594-5050 | Fax: 262-594-5075 | Toll Free: 800-762-1495
www.pmcplastics.com

Retlaw Industries
520 S. Industrial Dr.
Hartland, WI 53029
Phone: 888-412-9088 | Fax: 262-367-5162
www.execpc.com/~retlaw

Al
03-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Master tool and mold in grafton might be able to do that.

BTW- you could make a mold out of cheaper material if you are not expecting to make as many of them at such a rate. Metal isn't always necessary.

People have hand carved molds from clay and then they cook them in a kiln to harden them. The next step is to spray a releasing agent, and then lay whatever material in the mold, let it cure, romove it, and then do any final cosmetic work to it.

At $250,000, you could also buy a CNC machine and make your own foam mold shapes, custom to each order, and then lay down whatever material inside of it. I have used this tecnique to build small parts in the past (with a regular v-mill, not a cnc). $20,000 could buy you a VERY good cnc machine.

UnderPSI
03-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Project Two Customs can make you a mold. Hel!, they can make you a Carbon Fiber Dash if you want. I am sure they could make you a mold to use pretty cheap.

Project Two Customs: 262-650-1464 Ask for Andy or Josh.

www.Projecttwocustoms.com

UnderPSI
03-30-2005, 05:37 PM
They are in waukesha.

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Holly HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup

I did give up but now ill call these other places to see what they say..........

I just want someone to take my dash and make a bunch of them for X ammount of dollars :thumbsup

I want this in plastic also.

The most expensive part is the metal mold being CNC'd up :alcoholic

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 07:28 PM
worth a call

mperial Tool & Plastics Corp.
Greendale, WI
www.itplastics.net

Plastic Molded Concepts, Inc.
111 Murphy Dr.
Eagle, WI 53119
Phone: 262-594-5050 | Fax: 262-594-5075 | Toll Free: 800-762-1495
www.pmcplastics.com

Retlaw Industries
520 S. Industrial Dr.
Hartland, WI 53029
Phone: 888-412-9088 | Fax: 262-367-5162
www.execpc.com/~retlaw

The first place I emailed and they said they only do 2" x 2" pieces :chair:

Ill try the other places tomorrow :headbang

Thanks everyone

UnderPSI
03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Try Project Two.

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Try Project Two.

Im calling them tomorrow...........

What can yout tell me about them ?

Thanks guys

pOrk
03-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Try Project Two.

Those guys are hacks

You should see what they did to Ryans Breeze, they lambo'd his doors, and by doing so they hacked the living **** out of his door panels and left them cut to pieces. Yeehaw

pOrk
03-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Those guys are hacks

You should see what they did to Ryans Breeze, they lambo'd his doors, and by doing so they hacked the living **** out of his door panels and left them cut to pieces. Yeehaw

Oh yah, at a staggering 2200 dollers too. They used hinges you can buy directly from autoloc for 600 bucks too. Hackshack. And you dont even want to see their fiberglass work :puke

SloFarmTruck
03-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Oh yah, at a staggering 2200 dollers too. They used hinges you can buy directly from autoloc for 600 bucks too. Hackshack. And you dont even want to see their fiberglass work :puke

Did you even see the breeze before it went to project two? what a POS!!!! I don't mean to start any $hit here but many of you may remember the H2 Hummer we rolled around in last year that was done at Project two. tell you what I am not going to waist my time arguing with you just if you doubt me check out there web page and there installs. www.projecttwocustoms.com :thumbsup

UnderPSI
03-31-2005, 12:42 AM
They do great fiberglass work, I have seen it and they will show you anything you want. As far as the lambo doors go, they didn't make a kit for that car so he had to make that work. The rest of that car is a pile of $hit anyway i will tell you why:

1. Who ever did the paint did a real Shi*ty job, probally in thier garage, you can see all the dust bumps that weren't wet sanded out, the pinstriping looks like it was put on by a drunk guy, and the paint looks like it is 10 layers thick.

2. The rims don't match, different rims on each side.

3. The tires are too narrow for the rims.

4. Some one Fu(ked up the install of the suade on the dash, none of the seams look right, and they are misplaced.

5. The interior panels were spraypainted like crap, they did a shitty job of taping off the panels before they were painted.

6. It has a walmart dvd player just set in the dash, not even molded in

7. It has an air guage in the center counsel that isn't hooked up to anything, the car doesn't have air ride.

8. Someone spray painted the front wheel wells silver with spray paint and when I say wheel wells I mean everything, Tie rods, CV shafts and boots,ect.

9. The whole interior looks like ass, not little ass, Big ole ugly ass.

10. The car has crap for a system for being a "show car"

That is enough for now, The Lambo door install is the only nice looking install on the car. If you think its hacked, mabey they where just following the cars over all theme.

Give them a call, They have a lot of experience and do quality work.

UnderPSI
03-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Oh yea, ITS A FU(KING BREEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SloFarmTruck
03-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Oh yea, ITS A FU(KING BREEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Pimp my ride. I have an 87 ford festiva..can I sawzall my dash and put a walmart
dvd player in there.

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 02:31 AM
Ok back on subject.....................

If this place can do me a mold thats cool but can the produce it over and over ?

When i say mold I mean a copy of what I have :thumbsup

- Brad -

UnderPSI
03-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Yes, once they make the mold you can take as many copies as you want from it.

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 08:38 AM
*Not that I know my ass from a hole in the ground on this*

I had a couple thoughts on this though.

#1. Are you looking to reproduce these for sale? If so I would check into if it violates safety standards or something, you sure as hell wouldn't want someone suing you over it :(

#2. Does it have to be plastic? (I assume you are looking at ABS molding?) What about fiberglass? You could do it yourself probably easier than you think. Sounds good in theory anyway.

UnderPSI
03-31-2005, 09:46 AM
http://www.projecttwo.com/breeze.jpg

Not sure where the cutting and hacking is found, this picture is after the door install by the way.

If they did bad work they wouldn't have the high profile clients that they do.

UnderPSI
03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
They don't use Autolock $hit either, that $hit is for people who don't know whats going on.

For the record they didn't do any work on that car besides the lambo kit so they can't be to blame for the fu(ked up way they painted that door, or the shitty suade install, Seriously pick a color.

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes, once they make the mold you can take as many copies as you want from it.

ohh yea I know that :thumbsup

But can they produce them after there done with making the mold ?

RedGSX
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Those guys are hacks

If they are hacks then someone should tell "Car Audio & Electronics" and "Rides" magazine that they feature the wrong place and company.
They made a mold for my SAFC-II that fits right in my center dash. It looks awesome and have recieved many comments on it that it looks factory.

Before you go and start making comments about a company that you have no experience with STFU :flipoff2: ,

oh and have a nice day...

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
If they are hacks then someone should tell "Car Audio & Electronics" and "Rides" magazine that they feature the wrong place and company.
They made a mold for my SAFC-II that fits right in my center dash. It looks awesome and have recieved many comments on it that it looks factory.

Before you go and start making comments about a company that you have no experience with STFU :flipoff2: ,

oh and have a nice day...

post up a pic :thumbsup

id like to see it

- Brad -

RedGSX
03-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Excuse how dirty the car is.

http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/P1010053.JPG

used to be a cup holder and ashtray, btw I can still go back to that if i want. It's not permanent.

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Excuse how dirty the car is.

http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/P1010053.JPG

used to be a cup holder and ashtray, btw I can still go back to that if i want. It's not permanent.

Holly **** :thumbsup

What kind of plastic is that ?

Do you have any up close pictures ?

Thank you

RedGSX
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't really know what's it made of, Fiberglass I believe. But as for what it looked like stock. That whole piece was made from scratch. The cup holder and ashtray are aside somewhere.

Not my car but in the lower right is what it looked like stock...
http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/inside1.jpg

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Can I ask what they charged you ?

Thanks again

RedGSX
03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
can't really recall. i think around 150 or so. That included install and wiring too though.

awsomeears
03-31-2005, 12:55 PM
can't really recall. i think around 150 or so. That included install and wiring too though.

see what im thinking is that id have them mold just my Gauge pods and 1" surface around them and then have those made up. Then all I have to do it place them on my dashes and glass them in................

im sure it would cost me $100ish per pod then id still do some work................

Well im calling them now :thumbsup I just wanted to see what YOU paid for that piece :shades

Thanks again for all your info :headbang