PDA

View Full Version : HEAT SKR crash????

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2005, 03:41 PM
i was wonderin what happend i got pics of his car parked on a telephone pole and a strand cuttin into the front end said a 30 yr old woman lost control around corner and parked it at a 45 degree angle and the front end is trashed :stare

Crawlin
03-29-2005, 03:42 PM
when and where? last night? I saw him when i was with WindsorCapri and UnderPSI at Speedway and we were chatting

Chris

BAD LS1
03-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Tony When was this??? totaled?

And is Mike with the SOM 01' SS your brother?

97z2801ss
03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I seen his car a few times last nite, but there was an accident on lincon and Hwy.... i had to drive threw a parkin lot to get around and there was a cop there checkin out the cars

DirtyMax
03-29-2005, 04:20 PM
i got pics of his car parked on a telephone pole and a strand cuttin into the front end

:pics

97z2801ss
03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
agreed

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2005, 04:26 PM
it happened this aftrernoon on 27 by oak creek and i dont have a place to host pics i can email them if someone has a place to host them i got 4 pics of it and no i dont have no brothers why tommy

97z2801ss
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
put em on the bcm gallery or garage?

Heat Seeker WS6
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
I'll get in on this before it gets out of hand here.
I spun the car out turing off of 27th street in franklin and the car got away from me. I simply did not have enough room to get it pointed in the right direction and it hopped over the ditch on the right side of the road and literally "rode" up a guide wire for a telephone pole. The guide wire cut into the front passenger corner slicing that corner. pass fender, nose (needed paint anyways), and a bit into the hood. The car lost no fluids, except a tube to the power steering got severed. The car was fired up and was driven into the neighboring parking lot after it got pulled from the guide wire.
I had Jessica- Missplayboybunie with me and we are OK- shaken, but OK.
Whitethunder Z28 & 97PontiacW68 were with me when this happened and helped take care of the situation. I'm going to have pics posted shortly as we were on our way to take pics of the 3 cars anyways.
This was of course unexpected as things like this usually are but bottom line is and I'm kicking myself for this and lesson learned the hard way. I screwed up and its as simple as that.

97z2801ss
03-29-2005, 04:29 PM
ouch sorry man!

Heat Seeker WS6
03-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah, read my signature closely, I will hold true to it- and yes, Power Tour will happen with that car.

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2005, 04:31 PM
ah cool at least its only cosmetic the damage is then looks like the front wheel was about 5ft off ground

DirtyMax
03-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Just glad nobody got hurt. The car can be fixed.

Crawlin
03-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Man, sorry to hear about it. That's right down the street from me here at work. Glad everyone is ok!

GRNDNL
03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
That Sucks, could have been much worse though. Let me know if theres anything I can do to get it back on the road........

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
im pic dumb it says they are to big to load to the garage and i cropped them down but still nada

pOrk
03-29-2005, 04:52 PM
That Sucks, could have been much worse though. Let me know if theres anything I can do to get it back on the road........

Very glad everyone is alright, best of luck on the rebuild!

Heat Seeker WS6
03-29-2005, 04:52 PM
If you have pics, you can add them to the site now

john
Heat Seeker

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2005, 04:53 PM
i didnt read my pm's sorry i wont post them because i dont have any pms

Heat Seeker WS6
03-29-2005, 05:03 PM
OK thanks.

UnderPSI
03-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Really sorry to hear about the car, I work for we energies, I have seen the same situation a few times. Your lucky the pole didn't break off. Good luck with the rebuild, let me know what i can do to help.

Firefighter Z
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
I have gotten the OK from John to post pictures. The tip of the nose of the car is 12ft off the ground and the right front tire is about 8 ft or more off the ground.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1001&stc=1 http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1002&stc=1

Nix
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
I also am glad that everyone is safe and good to go. It looks worse than it is in the pic, meaning if its all cosmetic and the little psf issue, your pretty good. Yet again, sorry to hear it happened.

Crawlin
03-29-2005, 05:32 PM
HOLY SCHNIKES!!! LS1 conversion buddy! get a front end off an LS1 :)

Crawlin
03-29-2005, 05:33 PM
do gotta say those subframe connectors kick ass :) hahha come on, always find the bright spot in everythign!

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2005, 05:34 PM
at least it wasnt the pole that would have hurt alot worse cause it dont give but like everyone said glad no one was hurt and it will live to c another day

97PontiacW68
03-29-2005, 06:45 PM
http://img124.exs.cx/img124/9281/dscf00272ns.jpg
http://img163.exs.cx/img163/963/dscf00034px.jpg
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/5348/dscf00320ks.jpg
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/941/dscf00365pw.jpg
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/272/dscf00453yt.jpg
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/1853/dscf00540qi.jpg
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/3208/dscf00599eh.jpg
http://img22.exs.cx/img22/2131/dscf00146fu.jpg

Flight_740
03-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey, now you can say that you have "hung the hoops."

Had to say it sorry. Glad to hear the damage isnt that bad.

Cryptic
03-29-2005, 06:50 PM
how in the hell did you do that?

Silver350
03-29-2005, 08:32 PM
John Sorry to hear about your car. I was worried when Tony Called to tell me that you were in an accident. Glad to find out that you and the other occupants were ok. Hopefully well see you and your car on the road soon.

93RedDevilZ28
03-29-2005, 09:49 PM
whoa buddy! First of all I'm glad you're ok. Second of all.....what the hell were you trying to do, copy me?

Z28Girl
03-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey John, how bout letting me fix that front end now???? Sorry man, hate to see that happen. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.. Dont know if it will be legal to take that thing all the way to Florida for Power Tour that way though. Let me know, youve got my email and phone number. Oh and just because Im a snotty bi*ch, way to go man!!!

y2kws6
03-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Even though we have our differences, sorry to hear about your car. Glad to hear that you and your passanger are ok.

Dan and Jacki

lotsals1
03-29-2005, 11:18 PM
its fixable it will need to be pulled a lil but looks mostly cosmetic lucky its a hard top john

Al
03-29-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll get in on this before it gets out of hand here.
I spun the car out turing off of 27th street in franklin and the car got away from me.

Do you mean that you were hot-dogging around a corner, or were you chasing someone?

Irish
03-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I saw a picture of the wreck and talked with him at Oscars tonight. That sucks sooooooooooooooo bad. On the bright side of things....nobody was hurt and he gets to rebuild. I wonder if he'll add anything to it while it's torn apart.

Cryptic
03-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Hey John, how bout letting me fix that front end now???? Sorry man, hate to see that happen. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.. Dont know if it will be legal to take that thing all the way to Florida for Power Tour that way though. Let me know, youve got my email and phone number. Oh and just because Im a snotty bi*ch, way to go man!!!

FL doesnt require a front bumber... at least when I asked a cop back in 97' he said it didnt matter. I had to drive my pickup around for awhile without one.

Pig Pen
03-30-2005, 12:21 AM
That could have been hella worse. How many tow truck guys are need for that? Looks like there were 2 guys there...

Heat Seeker WS6
03-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks all for the well wishing, Jessica & I appreciate it, neither of us got hurt. We are very thankful to have walked away from this unscratched.

We were heading southbound on 27th st and slowed to turn right onto a side street following WhitethunderZ28 and behind me was Marks in his silver Firebird. From what I remember I think this is what happened, but it happened so fast: I shifted into 2nd while slowing down and believe I may have taken the turn a bit wide, at the same time hitting some gravel and the next thing we know, were heading straight for the ditch. I couldn't do a thing to get it pointed in the right direction. I wasnt on the brakes as we were becoming perendicular to the road during the slide and Mark confirmed that when we spoke afterwards, and countersteering didnt do a thing- it was like being on ice heading straight in. I've done turns before at much greater rates of speed and deceleration rates, but this turn was nothing special and I wasn't pushing it hard at all- it simply went out from me. We thought we ended up in the ditch, but we ended up pointing straight up in the air. I got her the hell out of the car as fast as I could not knowing what was going to happen next and the police just hapened to be going by- not 1 minute after this.
I have to hand it to N&S towing and the WEPCO guys for taking care of the situation as well as they did and also not damaging the car anymore during its landing.
Zach- you're still the king of F-Body acrobatics buddy!
Time to start making the phone calls to the appropriate repair shops to get this taken care of so I can drive it on Power Tour. Im sure I can find a shop that can install the new bumper "on the car" so it looks right.

Firefighter Z
03-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah I saw it all through my rear view mirror and there was no way John could correct himself in time...

It would have been alot worse if you went into the ditch and the air bags deployed, thats where alot of injuries come from them damm things...

The car will be finished in a few weeks way before May rolls around, there will be alot of blood, sweat and tears but it will get done cause we the A-team can handle anything.

P.S. the one thing I hated most about what happend today was them damm GAWKERS... makes me wanna :chair:

Josh
WhiteThunderZ28

Pig Pen
03-30-2005, 12:44 AM
There was a hit and run at the Kohls in the Falls today. Someone railed a light pole and took off. The light pole was straight gansta leaning on the power wires and I sat about 100 feet away waiting for WEPCO to come. They got a boom truck and got it dealt with quick, too bad it happened in Germantown but they refused to take the call and I got stuck with it.

I love gawkers. Especially on busy roads and Freeways! Allways make me feel safe... :fire

SMS 1
03-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Holy chit John, good to hear you all are ok. The pics really do make it look pretty bad :stare

Mssplayboybunie
03-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah the pictures make it look pretty bad the whole thing keeps replaying in my head like a movie but I thank God that im here and ok, It may sound kind of cheesy to some people but I really believe God was on our side yesterday and it took this incident to realize whats most important in life and im glad I have people like Mark, Josh and John in my life. And Yes Seatbelts do save LIVES!!!

Teufelhunden
03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
I read about this in the paper this morning. :)

I'm glad to see the damage was minimal. I hope you can get her back on the road fairly quick.

BAD LS1
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
It would have been alot worse if you went into the ditch and the air bags deployed, thats where alot of injuries come from them damm things...

They will not cause injuries if seat belts are used.

97PontiacW68
03-30-2005, 10:48 AM
I read about this in the paper this morning. :)

I'm glad to see the damage was minimal. I hope you can get her back on the road fairly quick.
Are you shittin me .. it made the paper?

97PontiacW68
03-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah the pictures make it look pretty bad the whole thing keeps replaying in my head like a movie but I thank God that im here and ok, It may sound kind of cheesy to some people but I really believe God was on our side yesterday and it took this incident to realize whats most important in life and im glad I have people like Mark, Josh and John in my life. And Yes Seatbelts do save LIVES!!!
yeah Jess like i said to you last night.. i think this brought us all closer together oddly enough .. when it happened rite in front of my eyes my first train of thought was thinkin how Josh n I were going to get you guys out of the car but we worked together and all turned out okay .. we were all shaken up .. i was jus not ready to lose more friends .. i lost enough of those already and this incident opened up my eyes.. I'm just thankful you guys are okay..

[QUOTE]And Yes Seatbelts do save LIVES!!![QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more girl :)

Teufelhunden
03-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Are you shittin me .. it made the paper?

:goof Just messing with ya. :thumbsup

97PontiacW68
03-30-2005, 11:24 AM
:goof Just messing with ya. :thumbsup
oh haha i asked my mom n shes like not that i know of

BAD LS1
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
How is this relavent to the crash??

A-team? WTF?
You forgot to open the gas door BTW :stare
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/3208/dscf00599eh.jpg

97PontiacW68
03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
we thought it was a cool picture ..relieves some tension from the other pics.. do u have some kind of problem with it or something?

BAD LS1
03-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah I do actually! I take a REAL personal note to when accidents like this happen, be there.. been a part of that sh!t 4 years ago... AND because it clogs the thread with irrelvancy to what happend. Saying "OHH look at our cars are STILL in one piece while our buddies car is bailed up".

Im really gonna piss and moan yet if you guys start jacking eachother off saying "whoo your car is super tight man!" no man urs is hella tighter"

PB86MCSS
03-30-2005, 12:06 PM
P.S. the one thing I hated most about what happend today was them damm GAWKERS... makes me wanna

I don't know whats technically *gawking* but if I drove past that scene you bet I'd be staring at it and slow down a little bit. I'm sure 95% of other people are the same way, its just not something you see everyday :wow . If an accident or something odd happens to me(even getting pulled over sometimes) I'd expect it, not that I'd love it or anything.

Glad to hear everyone involved is ok though and that the car is very much fixable too.

awsomeears
03-30-2005, 12:48 PM
So what were you Proped up on ?????????????

Thos metal wires that go from the ground up to the poles ??????

Firefighter Z
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah I do actually! I take a REAL personal note to when accidents like this happen, be there.. been a part of that sh!t 4 years ago... AND because it clogs the thread with irrelvancy to what happend. Saying "OHH look at our cars are STILL in one piece while our buddies car is bailed up".

Im really gonna piss and moan yet if you guys start jacking eachother off saying "whoo your car is super tight man!" no man urs is hella tighter"

HEY TOM SO F*CKING WHAT!!! Did John find a problem with that particular picture? No he didn't. He told us to put the pictures he wanted up, hell he was sitting right next to us when we posted them.

And how come I see that your the only person with a problem with only one picture? What it isnt good enough for you. Yes you are a f*cking **** head I'll tell now, YOU ARE A FU*CKING D*CK HEAD!. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: You dont like me and I don't like you and I think we know that for a fact.

Yeah we like to jack each other off :rolf TOM you top list of my douche bag list thats for sure. :rolf :rolf

That comment you made was f*cking stupied, For the people that know Me, John and Mark they will tell you were not like that... Your the one with the jacking off problem going around saying your cars the **** and all other suck, Tom get off you high horse cause buddy your car aint **** either, I've seen faster.

Sorry to the rest of the BCM, I'm just venting.

WhiteThunderZ28

Firefighter Z
03-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't know whats technically *gawking* but if I drove past that scene you bet I'd be staring at it and slow down a little bit. I'm sure 95% of other people are the same way, its just not something you see everyday :wow . If an accident or something odd happens to me(even getting pulled over sometimes) I'd expect it, not that I'd love it or anything.

Glad to hear everyone involved is ok though and that the car is very much fixable too.

I agree with you on that, I'd do the same to....

But while we were talking to the police we heard somebody speeding down Forrest Hill, so the cop told us to wait here while he goes and bust these people... Well it ended up being dumbazz ricers in 2 vehicles that the cop just point at them and told them to pull over... He gave them tickets I beilieve.

BAD LS1
03-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Well white tiger lilly You won your self a "vent thread" from me to you in the heated discussion.

Since i will not SH!T on John's thread and contine on here.

Firefighter Z
03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Thats Damn right you will not!

SlowStee
03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
I thought it was kinda goofy you guys felt the urge to take "show" pics of your cars together even after an accident..http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Like you think your cars are the sh!t or somethin.. :D

But hey im not starting any **** with anyone..

97PontiacW68
03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
lol wasnt plannin on takin pics.. i jus saw the way they were setup in the driveway and i thought hm why not take a picture.. didnt know it would cause this much trouble for anyone ..

I understand tho ur not trying to start nothin which is cool .. cuz bcm has enough drama i believe ur in some of it too lol .. u cant beat the bcm days of our lives tho hahah

BAD LS1
03-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Thats Damn right you will not!

:rolf

Come on down angry fingers

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?p=66033#post66033

BAD LS1
03-30-2005, 01:33 PM
lol wasnt plannin on takin pics.. i jus saw the way they were setup in the driveway and i thought hm why not take a picture.. didnt know it would cause this much trouble for anyone ..

I understand tho ur not trying to start nothin which is cool .. cuz bcm has enough drama i believe ur in some of it too lol .. u cant beat the bcm days of our lives tho hahah

Grab your flamed, blown and injected keyboard and come on over to this thread.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?p=66033#post66033

97PontiacW68
03-30-2005, 01:34 PM
lol my what?

Al
03-30-2005, 05:04 PM
I agree that **** happens. I remember when I spun my prelude...it just happened. I was not expecting, prepared for, or doing something that would cause it.

lotsals1
03-30-2005, 08:48 PM

Im really gonna piss and moan yet if you guys start jacking eachother off saying "whoo your car is super tight man!" no man urs is hella tighter"Yep i'm laughing

Heat Seeker WS6
03-30-2005, 10:55 PM
How the hell does that pic convey that message Tom? That was the one group pic of the cars we actually took, when we intended to do many group shots that day.
How about we post more pics of my car with its front pass corner missing with shrapnel from it laying on the ground 10 feet below it, or it hanging in midair about to rollover on its roof, or how about pics of Jess breaking down after our horrible incident with visibly shaken onlookers? I wanted to end the pic post with my car sitting in a driveway with some of its Fbody brethern, but I guess I can see how that pic would be a spoiller when some people who want to see the worst of a situation loaded with pics of carnage.
You want to see more wreck pics, we have many more that really make it look "more serious that it seemed" - or HOW IT REALLY WAS. F-Off, 2 of us are feeling lucky to be around for that pic to be taken.

The car was dropped off at a reputable shop today and its rebuild will begin in the next few days.

Yooformula
03-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Holy sh|t John, glad you and your passenger werent hurt. Very lucky you walked away ok. Glad to hear the car is getting fixed too:thumbsup Btw, Keith does great work at his shop:D

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 07:46 AM

They will not cause injuries if seat belts are used.

Except of course those pesky chemical burns :goof

SMS 1
03-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Whoa I think you guys might be jumpin the gun a bit on Tom there but I digress to the flame war to find out what's shakin over there :goof

Yikes :stare still glad yoos all is ok.

Corvette Jabo
03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Glad to hear both of you were ok!

Looks like God was riding ShotGun!

Jabo :)

97PontiacW68
03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Yep i'm laughing
Timmy when do you want the bird?

BAD LS1
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
How the hell does that pic convey that message Tom? That was the one group pic of the cars we actually took, when we intended to do many group shots that day.
How about we post more pics of my car with its front pass corner missing with shrapnel from it laying on the ground 10 feet below it, or it hanging in midair about to rollover on its roof, or how about pics of Jess breaking down after our horrible incident with visibly shaken onlookers? I wanted to end the pic post with my car sitting in a driveway with some of its Fbody brethern, but I guess I can see how that pic would be a spoiller when some people who want to see the worst of a situation loaded with pics of carnage.
You want to see more wreck pics, we have many more that really make it look "more serious that it seemed" - or HOW IT REALLY WAS. F-Off, 2 of us are feeling lucky to be around for that pic to be taken.

The car was dropped off at a reputable shop today and its rebuild will begin in the next few days.

Thank you for your side of the story about the picture, however this is between me and josh and i simply asked the relavancy of it, and it took you to answer it i guess...

I really dont care if you dont like me, get in line with the rest of them! but this is between and kid. I too shall regress to the other thread now too.

lotsals1
03-31-2005, 07:06 PM
;)
Timmy when do you want the bird?Do you have what ya need --my aim is on whenever im home
did you figure out what ya want to do?
Pm me or aim me with your answers

Daytonapacecar959
03-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow saw the car today at work,glad you're ok.I was back in the body shop and the manager was working on it right away and it sounds like you'll be ready for power tour.
If you ever stop by to see your car or when you come to get it stop in the service dept. and say hi. This is Fred we met in Arlington Hts. at last years power tour