PDA

View Full Version : Take a min and help a bikers family out

pOrk
03-28-2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/Peasley/petition.html

SloFarmTruck
03-29-2005, 08:01 AM
That's ****ed up. I know i'd have a serious problem if something like that happened. I'd be canvasing that ****er each and every day making his life hell for a stupid ass response like that. i urge all of you to sign!

Silver350
03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I saw that on sportbikes.net. I sign the petition last week :thumbsup

deciuss
03-29-2005, 12:43 PM
signed

Pig Pen
03-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Horrible thing. How many 0's do you want to add to that law suit settlement?

deciuss
03-29-2005, 01:28 PM
lots, very hard to put a price on a persons life :(

SlowStee
03-29-2005, 01:48 PM
signed

6685 Signatures Total

USMARINE1108
03-29-2005, 06:36 PM
It's 6872 now.

cheap80Z28
03-29-2005, 11:39 PM
7059 here

just got my bike home today, would hate to hear that **** if I went down

steve

Nix
03-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Signed #7064... Such disregard for a human being. That officer (piece of garbage) is a disgrace to the law enforcement. He is def going to hell.

Pig Pen
03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Anyone hear the story on how he went down? Was it driver error + road conditions/weather or was he doing something he shouldn't have? Doesn't really matter either way, cause the dispatcher (I don't believe he actually was a road cop) still dropped the ball on this call (for example, at the good ol' Village of Menomonee Falls today I was dispatched to a call regarding KIDS CLIMBING A FREAKIN TREE!!!) and there is no excuse for 911 to drop a call no matter the circumstances surronding the event.

SlowStee
03-30-2005, 12:22 AM
(for example, at the good ol' Village of Menomonee Falls today I was dispatched to a call regarding KIDS CLIMBING A FREAKIN TREE!!!) and there is no excuse for 911 to drop a call no matter the circumstances surronding the event.
These days its just ridiculous...The police are called for every little thing, You would think people could handle SOME of their own affairs.

Irish
03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
PORK I despise you and you know that but even I signed that sh*t. # 7071

Pig Pen
03-30-2005, 12:37 AM
These days its just ridiculous...The police are called for every little thing, You would think people could handle SOME of their own affairs.
You mean like say, picking up your own dead cat after you ran it over? Yeah, had to do that today too. I just hope the Falls and thier dedication to "community Policing" doesn't turn out to be like River Hills PD where I've heard of cops shoveling drive ways and taking in grociers... If people want a servant, get one of the illegals from Mexico, they are cheap and work hard, I know, I also do landscaping at Lied's and those guys are hard workers. Anyways thats what they do in Brookfield I hear...

In short never say when your window is broken into on your car, or your wife/girl friend gets mugged in a parking garage where a cop is when you need one. Where at a bullshit call dealing with feuding neighbors that never heard of civil court and making sure those guys walking the neighborhoods for charity aren't wanted for no reason other than some blue hair has nothing better to do then call the police.

Irish
03-30-2005, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=Pig Pen]You mean like say, picking up your own dead cat after you ran it over?

:rolf !

Syclone0044
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
1.) The article said the police claimed the 911 response did not contribute to the mans death? If true then it would not be accurate to say he is responsible for the loss of a man's life. What he did was heinously rude, but it isn't like it caused the guy to die or recieve delayed assistance (according to the site's news article.)

In short never say when your window is broken into on your car, or your wife/girl friend gets mugged in a parking garage where a cop is when you need one. Where at a bullshit call dealing with feuding neighbors that never heard of civil court and making sure those guys walking the neighborhoods for charity aren't wanted for no reason other than some blue hair has nothing better to do then call the police.

2.) I almost never call the cops, I don't think I've ever called the cops in fact. One time I tried reporting a drunk driver and I think the cop shop was closed (WTF?) and the only other time I tried getting the cops attention, was a time after midnight I saw a crazy lunatic driver all over Main St. and was right by the cop shop anyways and I stopped in and the lights were out and nobody's home?? (WTF??) I guess I better not reveal where I live because it would be a great place for criminals to come at night! :mad:

3.) You ought to come visit Washington county, I have been stopped for so many bullsh!t reasons I lost count. I used to own a "BAD ASS" :rolleyes: 93 Cavalier Z24 with mildly tinted windows and I would regularly get stalked at night by the local cops with nothing to do.. My favorite two were the time I got stopped and after they got a look they said "they were looking for someone else", and the time I saw a cop coming when I came to an intersection, so I pulled out and drove AT the speed limit with my eyeballs glued to the rearview mirror (and my spedometer), after 3 miles of following me he pulls me over anyway and asks if I know why he pulled me over (Why do they ask that anyway?) and I said "No, I don't, because I saw you as soon as I pulled out and watched my spedometer the entire time?" and he said "Actually I caught you going 12MPH over." And I replied "What#@?!!! I'd like to see the radar!" and he says "Oh, no, you don't need to worry sir, it's not a big deal I'm just giving you a warning. Can I have a look in the car?" I let him look (I have nothing) and ask to see the radar and he says its already cleared.... 12MPH MY ASS!! :fire :flipoff2: Is that even legal? Once I sold that car to my brother, I never got pulled over.. but now he does instead. In fact I bought a "bright red sporty car" and never got pulled over for 2+ years straight... It would have been a streak until about 2 weeks ago I got pulled over in the SAME scenario, spotted a cop WAY ahead, going 9mph over, slowed down to 5mph over, pass him.. See a 2nd cop pull out at an intersection, tail gates me going down a big hill (my eyes glued to spedometer) and pulls me over, says he was "pacing me going 16mph over"!?!?@? WTF?? But "only giving me a written warning"! GEE THANKS :flipoff2:

I'd rather get a false written warning than a real ticket for 9mph over but man - there's plenty of REAL speeders out there..

Prince Valiant
03-30-2005, 11:37 PM
1.) The article said the police claimed the 911 response did not contribute to the mans death? If true then it would not be accurate to say he is responsible for the loss of a man's life. What he did was heinously rude, but it isn't like it caused the guy to die or recieve delayed assistance (according to the site's news article.) Ah! but in this day and age, all you have to do is get the jury to cry at a sad story (which it certianly is) and viola! multi million dollar pay-day.

I would contend (and yes, my training does deal extensively with brain injuries) that he would have died if the accident occured right in front of the hospital, with the EMT's ready and waiting to get him through the door right into waiting/prepped OR with the finest trauma surgeon in the world. There would be virtually nothing you could do due to the massive trauma of the accident itself, and the crushing effects on the brain...

The petition states that the officer "must accept responsiblity", but how can he? He didn't cause the kid to drive a motorcylce beyond his capability's. He didn't bash the kid's head in. If that was the case...then they are right! two weeks unpaid suspension WOULD be unfair.

In this case, the officer was plain RUDE and clearly mistaken (for this, he should be responsible, sure). He was mistaken believing this to be a prank call...anyone can deduct this from the transcript of the call. If an officer makes a mistake, or is reprimanded for being unjustifiably rude, then they generally recieve less punishment...in this case it really is hard to make the case that his punishment is unfair.

And as hard as it is for the family to lose a child/brother, they shouldn't be entitled to damages...as again, their own son's actions are what led to his unfortunate, but very preventable death. And make no mistake, only their son could have prevented this.