PDA

View Full Version : LimeWire?

TransAm12sec
03-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm trying to find a way to get music off the internet. Anyone here use LimeWire?

fireguyrick
03-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I do.

Rick

MT98Z
03-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Yea it works ok

A B4C Z
03-28-2005, 12:13 AM
I was using Win Mx. It was awsome no damn pop ups or anything. But then it was taking forever to find/dl songs. I went to morphous and songs download in no time. But it has pop ups and freezes from time to time. I think my beautiful computer is just to high tech for it :goof

Syclone0044
03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Which one has no spyware, and doesn't have BULLSH1T copies of the songs floating out there where you download it, and it's all static or the chorus repeating 50 times in a row etc.? :fire

TransAm12sec
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Have you noticed any virus or any problems with it? I just got a few songs and a few pics through Limewire; it worked without a problem. With Kazaa, my computer got way to many viruses, even using Norton.

fireguyrick
03-28-2005, 12:54 AM
My firewall and virus scan have picked up a few things, but NO WHERE NEAR as many as I did with Kazaa. I am pleased with it, I think in over 1000 song downloads, 100 or so movies, and 20 programs I have had to clean maybe 3 viruses, and all were sh**ty adware trojan viruses.

Rick

CruxGNZ
03-28-2005, 12:54 AM
A good friend of mine just told me that "the man" is now watching WinMX. Don't know if it is actually true, but just a heads up.

I loved WinMX though. You could find some of the most obscure music there.

!M!

SlowStee
03-28-2005, 01:23 AM
A good friend of mine just told me that "the man" is now watching WinMX. Don't know if it is actually true, but just a heads up.

I loved WinMX though. You could find some of the most obscure music there.

!M!
Odd things have recently occurred on Win MX for me.....F.E: I was downloading a song the other day, and the user count on the download went from 1 to well over 1000 until the program froze and closed itself

hmmmmm.....

Scales
03-28-2005, 02:18 AM
I've used Limewire for a couple months now w/o any problems. I really like how if it does find a corrupted file while it's DL, it will pop up a warning and ask if you want to cancel the DL. And I haven't found any of the 15 minute static songs Kazaa is known for... :thumbsup

DocDave
03-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Been using Limewire. Works good. Just make sure you have some decent spyware protection. It seems to want to install extra crap you don't need.

Pig Pen
03-28-2005, 03:21 PM
I'll just say I've had to reboot my computer a few times downloading some stuff off of Lime Wire, but I still use it for some reason.

lotsals1
03-28-2005, 07:16 PM
whats funny i had the free version --and i used the free version to find limewire pro and downloaded that --so now i have limewire pro ---i can email it to ya or hit me up on aim--aim wouldbe better

Pig Pen
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
whats funny i had the free version --and i used the free version to find limewire pro and downloaded that --so now i have limewire pro ---i can email it to ya or hit me up on aim--aim wouldbe better

:rolf Thats f-ing funny!!! Ironic, that a company that wants you to buy the thier good stuff ends up having it given away on its own program. Its kind of like a movie, but not.

So what is the difference between basic (which I got) and pro?

lotsals1
03-28-2005, 08:29 PM
yah a lil lateral thinking always doesnt hurt :shades pro gives you more sources to grab from and a faster connection
also lets you browse people without pro :) so if you like what someone has you can pretty much figure they have more stuff that you would like --you can read all the songs ect that they have in their folder - :thumbsup

Cryptic
03-28-2005, 09:34 PM
hope you guys like having spyware F'n up your computer... Limewire has plenty of it.

TransAm12sec
03-28-2005, 10:19 PM
I've got Adware SE Personal. Is that spyware protection?

Oh, I was able to see other songs a person had with the free version.