PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Body shop stores to buy products from ? I need help FAST :)

awsomeears
03-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok here is the deal :

I make custom dashes for dodge neons ( go ahead and :rolf )

Ok you done ? ;)

I used epoxy and bondo and I mold gauge pods into the factory dashes, the only problem that im running into is that when the dash is completley done and painted you can see where the bondo and 2" pvc SMOOTHNESS is, and then you can see the original texture of the dash where I did not apply bondo and epoxy. And I want the whole dash piece to look like a complete textured piece :headbang

I know this product is out there, I just have to find it :thumbsup

Its called Spray Texture or Texture Spray and it emits a fine texture onto what ever surface you spray it on, Sort of like a Bed Liner spray

I was just going to walk into Auto Body shops and ask them but I figured id ask you guys first.

I just got back from Advace auto parts and I picked up some Wrinkle paint and just put some on a Dash I have, and so far its not what im looking for :chair:

If anything I was thinking about buying some bed liner stuff and trying is :rolleyes: but who knows ill try that as my last resort :eek:

Any help or comments on other products please share :banana

I have almost all of my 13 dashes spoken for, its just up to me to get these done :alcoholic and at $250 shipped a POP these gotta look awsome. Wich they already do but I want to make these even better with a finishing texture :banana

Thanks guys

- Brad -

pOrk
03-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Try the bed liner, its cheap and drys relatively quickly. Or even fast dryign undecoating might work

Yooformula
03-27-2005, 04:46 PM
I was gonna say a light coat of undercoating but I thought Autozone has some sort of wrinkle metal like paint that is suppose to simulate wrinkled plastic. :confused

UnderPSI
03-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Auto Paint and Supply in waukesha, It is just North of Walmart off of 59/164 they have all kinds of that stuff. that is where Andy from Project Two gets all of his supplies for dashes and things. Not sure the phone number, but worth a call.

awsomeears
03-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Auto Paint and Supply in waukesha, It is just North of Walmart off of 59/164 they have all kinds of that stuff. that is where Andy from Project Two gets all of his supplies for dashes and things. Not sure the phone number, but worth a call.

Hmmmm well I tried to look online on yellowpages.com and macco just came up........

Do you think you could maybe get me the # ?

Thanks dude

- Brad -

fly5150
03-27-2005, 10:06 PM
yeah I have been to that place in Waukesha and they should have what you are looking for. I forgot the name of the stuff though. If they dont have it give one of the better stereo shops in town a call, they deal with that stuff all the time.

awsomeears
03-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Ok if anyone can get me this places number id PayPal you 0.50 cents cuz thats what I got in there :rolf

Seems like this place has the stuff so HELP a MO FO out :banana

fly5150
03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Ok here you go....
Auto Paint and Supply
1710 E Main Sreet
Waukesha
262-547-4794

Hours
monday-friday 8-5
saturday 8-12
"everything in automotive refinishing"

:)

awsomeears
03-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok here you go....
Auto Paint and Supply
1710 E Main Sreet
Waukesha
262-547-4794

Hours
monday-friday 8-5
saturday 8-12
"everything in automotive refinishing"

:)

Thank you so much man :headbang

They have some stuff thats prolly my last try but its $15.00 a can :wooo so im going to try my bed liner idea first cuz that crap is cheap :banana