PDA

View Full Version : Dyno tune?

GTSLOW
03-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Do you need an appointment or can you just go to borchardts and run?

Also any idea what it costs?

SSmike1
03-26-2005, 07:46 PM
if no one replys here,
ill call em and ask.
:goof

lotsals1
03-26-2005, 08:22 PM
I dont think they have any software for editing--dunno -but i would guess you have to set one up --Amber ,Mikes daughter does the dyno pulls :wooo

Daytonapacecar959
03-26-2005, 09:06 PM
I was told that it's $95 for 2 pulls and that you should make an appointment.
I've been looking around if anyone else has a Dynojet dyno in the area to see what there rates are.

Max 93
03-26-2005, 09:49 PM
I was in there the other day and saw a sign for there Dynofest. I don't remember the date but it was $75 for 3 pulls.

turbogarrett
03-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Michel's performance charged me $75 for 2 pulls with the wideband o2 last year- 262 628 8011 .

Syclone0044
03-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Michel's performance charged me $75 for 2 pulls with the wideband o2 last year- 262 628 8011 .
Did you get to operate the vehicle?

It's a real sticking point for me because I would not be comfortable with someone else operating my vehicles on a dyno. I can say when I went to last years MMA Dyno Day at Borchardt's, they let everyone operate their own vehicles and I spoke with one of the employees and he said they always let the owner operate, because "who knows the vehicle better than you?" He also told me the highest dyno they've had was somewhere in the 800HP range by some guy with a 426 Hemi drag car, (the car had nitrous but the motor blew on the dyno before they could use it!) He said some other high dynos he'd seen were some kind of "Team Nissan" that had 4 cylinders in the 600HP range.

The reason I brought this up is because I spoke with one dyno shop in the area a while back (can't remember which but it might have been Michels?) where they said they NEVER let the owner operate the vehicle and "it wouldnt be safe". :rolleyes:

GTSLOW
03-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I dont think they have any software for editing--dunno -but i would guess you have to set one up --Amber ,Mikes daughter does the dyno pulls :wooo

Naw my friends got the software and the wideband.

Bee
03-27-2005, 07:50 PM

It's a real sticking point for me because I would not be comfortable with someone else operating my vehicles on a dyno. I can say when I went to last years MMA Dyno Day at Borchardt's, they let everyone operate their own vehicles and I spoke with one of the employees and he said they always let the owner operate, because "who knows the vehicle better than you?" He also told me the highest dyno they've had was somewhere in the 800HP range by some guy with a 426 Hemi drag car, (the car had nitrous but the motor blew on the dyno before they could use it!) He said some other high dynos he'd seen were some kind of "Team Nissan" that had 4 cylinders in the 600HP range.

The reason I brought this up is because I spoke with one dyno shop in the area a while back (can't remember which but it might have been Michels?) where they said they NEVER let the owner operate the vehicle and "it wouldnt be safe". :rolleyes:

"TEAM NISSAN" I haven't heard of them except from Real Time Racing who do road racing and do have a couple SENTRA SER all motor that have tuned there...600hp in an all motor 2.0L....um ok!!!! and there are the Toyota 4cyl Turbocharged Drag racers that frequent GLDW that may have dynoed there at Borchart. We did dyno our race car there once to confirm our HP to someone else's dyno and that's it!!! did we do 600hp...hehe!!! :goof don't know who they referred too, but sure wasn't a NISSAN 4cyl... not yet anyways... if there is a such NISSAN 4cyl pulling off 600hp I'd like to know. dang that is really boosting hard!!! :wow

Prince Valiant
03-27-2005, 07:55 PM
600hp in an all motor 2.0L....um ok!!!! Plenty possible bee...and you know it. All you have to do is get it to rev to approx~22,000 RPM. Piece of cake. :goof

turbogarrett
03-27-2005, 08:58 PM

I would think that letting the owner operate the car would be a major insurance liability and have never been to a dyno where it is allowed.
At speed inc. they didn't even want me standing in the garage area while it was being "tuned".

Syclone0044
03-27-2005, 09:15 PM
I would think that letting the owner operate the car would be a major insurance liability and have never been to a dyno where it is allowed.
At speed inc. they didn't even want me standing in the garage area while it was being "tuned".
I can definitely see your point. But at the same time I consider it a major "liability" of my own to allow someone else to operate my pride & joy at wide open throttle under load.. what would I recieve for compensation if a problem arose and they failed to release the throttle quickly enough?

TransAm12sec
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Aloha, (their name might be Imagine Motorsports now) in Port Washingtion has a dyno, no idea what the costs are.

turbogarrett
03-27-2005, 10:20 PM
I can definitely see your point. But at the same time I consider it a major "liability" of my own to allow someone else to operate my pride & joy at wide open throttle under load.. what would I recieve for compensation if a problem arose and they failed to release the throttle quickly enough?

Damn lawyers ruin everything :D They usually make you sign a release form and honestly I have never read the fine print.

I plan to pick up some type of pcm editing program w/ a wideband o2 this year to do my own tuning on some backroads.