PDA

View Full Version : Well it finally happened :(

SMS 1
03-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes it is true, just one step closer to becoming a suburbanite drone for the rest of my life, I actually took one of my own cars to a shop for repairs :stare

Before you guys start flaming me horrendously let me remind you that this is on my 94 GTP 3.4L DOHC (vin X) possibly one of the most unfriendly engines to work on in your driveway :chair:

Needed the power steering pressure hose replaced and I just didn't feel like doing it. So much that I was totally willing to pay for it to be someone elses nightmare. Anyway they cut me a hella deal on the labor (and I already had the parts so that helped).

I also knew the thing has been leaking lot's of oil in the last year and figured it was the stupid dist-plug o-ring. They confirmed this and asked if I wanted them to do it right away also.

The problem is this . . .

From what I remember of that prob on these monstrosity engines is don't you have to remove at least the rear cyl head to get the plug out? Because the corner of the head prevents you from lifting it up high enough? I remember hearing plenty of people saying "screw it, clean it real good and RTV it to hell and gone once a year" Hacks :rolleyes:

The price quoted to me ($400+tax for the PS prob and dist-plug) just sounds WAY TOO LOW and I am somewhat scared that they don't know what is involved or plan on doing the hack move. Is my memory wrong or should I call them up ASAP and take them to school on this one?

Flight_740
03-25-2005, 10:59 AM
SMS, my pm box is empty :thumbsup

Al
03-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Your beginning to sound like my dad...