PDA

View Full Version : Aspen, CO pics

Cryptic
03-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Chris (Prince Valiant) and I just got back from a road trip.

http://www.crypticvault.com/gallery/aspen05

Nix
03-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Alright, Iam jealous. I gotta get there sometime to get my ski on. I spy with my little eye a mountain goat/billy goat!

Prince Valiant
03-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Great pics andy! :thumbsup

Great times...next year, we do the bowl at the highlands :alcoholic

BTW...where is your "mad air" pic? That was the best one of them all :confused :D

SMS 1
03-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Whoa didn't even know you guys were going anywhere!?

Nice RuF Porsche in there :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
03-25-2005, 11:02 AM
needless to say...when the garage owners saw us yahoo's taking pics, they chased us out in a hurry :rolf

Syclone0044
03-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Wow, looks like BLAST!! I thought I had fun when I went skiing to Indianhead this year (they had a nice terrain park) - but the ramps where you guys went are Mind-Blowing!!! :stare :headbang

Prince Valiant
03-25-2005, 03:30 PM
The terrian park at snowmass and buttermilk where both quite large. The held the winter X-games at buttermilk for the 6th year in a row this year, so much of what you can see was there for the x games as well. I didn't do any stunting, just working on the smaller jumps. Andy was having fun on his blades through the park, hitting most everything. Some of the jumps/ramps drawfed the one pictured in there (andy's got more pics, I think). One ramp you had to fly the hell up just to make it to the top...and then get settled for the trip down :wooo

Problem was at buttermilk was that the mountains base is much lower than snowmass(~7000ft, so still higher than say, whistler's peak elevation), so at times the snow toward the base of the terrain park was soft and at points, slushy.

Either of the parks though had more area in the park alone, than most places around SE WI has to ski, period. Many of the runs down to the base of the mountains exceeded 5-6 miles in length....we'd have to take 3 high speed lifts with ride times of 10 or more minutes each to get to the top...lift placement was ideal. OFTENTIMES, you had to ski, ski, and ski down the mountain...until the burn in your thighs MADE you stop of to the side to rest...

Funniest thing was at one of the resturaunts on the mountain, they had a live bluegrass band playing...the banjo-ist looks EXACTLY like our very own crawlin'Z...and we've got the pic to prove it (albeit crappy camera phone)

JC70SS
03-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Not hot girl pics?? Aspen has quite possibly the best looking women in the USA! :wooo