PDA

View Full Version : hey new here

hotshift13
03-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I didn't even know this site was even here till a few days ago! Is this a domistic car site or are there imports alowed also? i saw a few gsx posts, but not much else import. I'm in the process of finishing up my 78 Datsun turbo project ive been working on for the past two years. I started with a inline 3.1 stroker motor and straped a t3-t4 turbo to it, running through a t-5 trans. the suspension has a 5lug swap, coil overs, bushings, sway bars, kyb struts and i'm sportin a set of mustang cobra' r 17+9 p245's in front p275's in the rear, the list goes on and on and on! The car is supposed to push into the 400hp mark with everything dialed in, but i'm having problems "tuning" it cause this is my first serious turbo car, and the guy I bought everything from is in Iraq at this time, and it's getting warmer :durr Thanks guys, and if any body can tune a turbo car let me know, ill buy the beer!!!!

Nix
03-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Welcome aboard, it sounds like you got yourself a huge project in the making!

Korndogg
03-24-2005, 12:01 AM
welcome!

hotshift13
03-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys, all the hard work is done and I did it all pretty much bymyself in my friend garage.

sriddccrocks
03-24-2005, 02:28 PM
welcome, oo datsun, dont get too see too many of them around here, sounds like a nice vehicle! keep up the good work, u got ne pics?

jbiscuit
03-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Pics!!!!!!

TaraBear
03-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the fun... hope to talk to you soon :banana

Prince Valiant
03-24-2005, 05:07 PM
sounds like a neat car...I had a datsun once that wasn't nearly as cool...a 1982 datsun 310 :(

Crawlin
03-24-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm a baby....

Welcome to the drama!

Al
03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
I didn't even know this site was even here till a few days ago! Is this a domistic car site or are there imports alowed also? i saw a few gsx posts, but not much else import. I'm in the process of finishing up my 78 Datsun turbo project ive been working on for the past two years. I started with a inline 3.1 stroker motor and straped a t3-t4 turbo to it, running through a t-5 trans. the suspension has a 5lug swap, coil overs, bushings, sway bars, kyb struts and i'm sportin a set of mustang cobra' r 17+9 p245's in front p275's in the rear, the list goes on and on and on! The car is supposed to push into the 400hp mark with everything dialed in, but i'm having problems "tuning" it cause this is my first serious turbo car, and the guy I bought everything from is in Iraq at this time, and it's getting warmer :durr Thanks guys, and if any body can tune a turbo car let me know, ill buy the beer!!!!

Are you Scott or Dewey?

If not, is the stroker motor a Z block with the diesel camary crank in it?

hotshift13
03-24-2005, 11:25 PM
thanks guys yes I do have pics, but I don't know how to post them. My name is Paul, not scott or dewey, are they zcar guys? It dosnt have a camary crank its a nissan maxima crank, close. I got it in florida at a salvage yard, laying in the mud in the rain, yes it sucked big rocks, but the guy at the counter felt bad for me and gave me the crank for 20.00 bucks so it was worth it :headbang . how does one go about putting up pics on the net? Later Dudes

Al
03-25-2005, 02:04 PM
My name is Paul, not scott or dewey, are they zcar guys?

Nope, just two people I know who did a similar build. They used just about every nissan car out there for the individual components. Crank from a camary, computer from a maxima, injectors from a 300zx... They are also haveing some trouble with theirs. All is good untill they get above 15 psi. I'm guessing that their air-compressor-pressure-regulator-wastegate-control system isn't as good as it should be. Typical of one of these guys is to go to a great extent to make sure that they do everything perfect and then slack off for the last 5% of the build.

Overall, the goal of this car is to keep up with his brothers GN.

Anyway, they have a 240z which I was interested in, but I'm more interested in an old rx-7.