PDA

View Full Version : Normal Looking car with V8

97PontiacW68
03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
So I was driving down 27th street heading south around 530 PM today .. all a sudden i see like a 99 Black Ford Taurus .. not sure on the year but you guys all know what that looks like .. Anyways.... I looked at it from a distance and looked like your typical ricer up until i got right next to him and he had very large in diameter loud pipes almost looked like they came off a truck and it looked lowerd i dk if it had gfx or not.. and had chrome wheels.. Anyways i look at the side of the car and it has a V8 emblem on it.. and im thinking to myself.. what the ****.. typical ricer .. and then he got on it at the light(27th and that road that goes into walmart by Mobil Gas Station) :wooo :wooo holy ****** **** did it sound nice .. I caught up with him trying to get him to roll down his window to see what kind of motor was under the hood but the guy wouldn't even look at me( I probably wouldnt look at me either just from looking at my DD lol ).. I'm curious to know if anyone knows of or has seen this car around anywhere.. I really wanted to talk to this guy to see what he was running .. This is gonna drive me nuts if I cant find out .. Someones gotta know!!! :wow Help me out guys!

Crawlin
03-23-2005, 06:05 PM
SHO? probably

97PontiacW68
03-23-2005, 06:11 PM
:chair:

97PontiacW68
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
SHO? probably
OK WOW I FEEL STUPID.. ur rite Chris.. i didnt know the SHO came witha V8.. it defanitely was not stock though.. was real loud n mean sounding .. DONT MIND THIS POST :)

Crawlin
03-23-2005, 06:27 PM
dont worry. early years didn't, the later more roundish body style did

jhosler
03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
the 96-99 taurus sho's had a 3.4L 32 vavle V8.

SloFarmTruck
03-23-2005, 07:50 PM
All it takes is a muffler and intake silencer removal and they sound half-way decent for a taurus. The only prob with that car is a know camshaft breakage. Last I heard Ford new of this problem and never fixed it before production. I believe there is or was a class-action suit against ford for the problem. Something about needing to weld part of the camshaft.

BadAzzGTA89
03-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Stock v.s stock i rather have the yamaha v6 over the v8 all day!!
It is a proven fact that the 92ish stick SHO beat the newer v8 in performance!
Oh yea only stick SHO's count!!!