PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE F#@$*&

Monstr913
03-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Warning this is a venting thread so leave now if u want

ok so i decided to lift my burban last fall. well i go and buy the lift which cost me $800 a month later i blow my fourth yes thats right fourth set of spider gears :wow ...well winter is ok..until i move in february i break my fricken window which cost money that was goin towards the lift parts GREAT :stare ...about umm 2 weeks ago i got the new axles for my truck the following monday i blow out the sending unit and fuel pump in my truck 180000 no biggy its orginal (still pissed) :mad: ...yesterday i apply for a loan to finish the lift cuz i cant wait to get my taxes and today on my way home from work i blow the :fire MOTHERF*$&IN TRANNY :fire no warning until 5 minutes before it goes well its revs up between shifts...now is it me or is my truck telling me it dont wanna get lifted and play in the mud?? I mean by the time im done with the lift i'll have a whole new truck (aside from body) on a good note the motor sounds healthier than me so...sorry for wasting your time with this thread but thanx for reading

and to think i quit smokin to spend that money on my truck my i wish i still smoked :thumbsup

lotsals1
03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
When ever you modify anything -**** breaks all the time--Ive blown so many trannys -gear sets its not funny --but thats what they mean when they say wana play your gonna pay.

DocDave
03-22-2005, 08:47 PM
My opinion. Put it back to stock, unload it and start over.

Anakonda69
03-22-2005, 09:38 PM
i say quit ur bitching be a man grab ur nuts and do what u gotta do....lol sorry lil' bro :wooo

Syclone0044
03-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Warning this is a venting thread
Really? Cool; I got some venting of my own!!!! Maybe this will make you feel better.

So I'm attempting to change governors on my transmission, I jack up the stupid LOWERED truck and crawl/squeeze under on my back, with the 4WD drivetrain you can barely see, much less access the governor cover, you're supposed to carefully pry it out with a hammer and screwdriver around the edges. Well you cant barely get to it at all, except for 1 little spot (perfect for denting it).. I finally get that #$*#$ out and as a reward I get a GALLON of dirty ATF pouring out running down my clothes but that's not enough - it runs down the front driveshaft and the shift linkage and tranny crossmember in both directions where it can puddle up and then run over to cover about a 10 square foot area just to make a maximum mess..

I get the new governor in and there's no way to get the cover back on. You have about 1 inch of space to fit a hammer and this cover is so tight it takes a Sledge hammer to move it, did you ever try laying on your back with no clearance and swinging a Sledge with only 1 inch of space to "wind up"?? And since you can barely access the cover you can't evenly bang it in, you end up hitting mostly 1 side and then it comes flying off again and releases another torrent of ATF.. Anybody need ATF just see me, there seems to be an endless fountain coming outta my tranny.... #$*(@#$(*@&#$(*# Anyways welcome to my life.. :mad: :fire :flipoff2: :puppyeyes:

After 2 and a half hours I give up on this P.O.S., I'll try to come up something tomorrow.. :(

UnderPSI
03-23-2005, 12:22 AM
You should have called me josh, I have a lift in the shop now...Brad

Syclone0044
03-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Cool, I'll try to remember that for next time.. (I'm sure I'll need to do this at least 4 more times). I always seem to end up going the route of "Try doing it the most difficult way possible on a long shot it might go smoothly, and then when its a total disaster sit and think about how I should have just done it the easy way in the first place".. :rolleyes:

I'm out for tonight... gotta blow off some steam.. :fire :mad: and wash some filthy clothes.

Al
03-23-2005, 03:40 AM
I hate it whenever my car decides to take a dump on me.

Current examples:
-Exhaust is coming loose after I paid someone to fixi it.
-Still need to fix that half-shaft

-Back when I swapped the tranny on my mustang, I broke all but one (1) of the studs on the exhaust!

Corvette Jabo
03-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Really? Cool; I got some venting of my own!!!! Maybe this will make you feel better.

So I'm attempting to change governors on my transmission, I jack up the stupid LOWERED truck and crawl/squeeze under on my back, with the 4WD drivetrain you can barely see, much less access the governor cover, you're supposed to carefully pry it out with a hammer and screwdriver around the edges. Well you cant barely get to it at all, except for 1 little spot (perfect for denting it).. I finally get that #$*#$ out and as a reward I get a GALLON of dirty ATF pouring out running down my clothes but that's not enough - it runs down the front driveshaft and the shift linkage and tranny crossmember in both directions where it can puddle up and then run over to cover about a 10 square foot area just to make a maximum mess..

I get the new governor in and there's no way to get the cover back on. You have about 1 inch of space to fit a hammer and this cover is so tight it takes a Sledge hammer to move it, did you ever try laying on your back with no clearance and swinging a Sledge with only 1 inch of space to "wind up"?? And since you can barely access the cover you can't evenly bang it in, you end up hitting mostly 1 side and then it comes flying off again and releases another torrent of ATF.. Anybody need ATF just see me, there seems to be an endless fountain coming outta my tranny.... #$*(@#$(*@&#$(*# Anyways welcome to my life.. :mad: :fire :flipoff2: :puppyeyes:

After 2 and a half hours I give up on this P.O.S., I'll try to come up something tomorrow.. :(

Josh,
IM me.

Jabo