PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought an AutoProm Programmer/Emulator

PonyKiller87
03-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Just bought it today, and it should be here sometime next week. For those that don't know what I'm talking about check out moates.net Craig Moates is a genious that makes all kinds of computer stuff for the older style GM computers that used EPROMs and some other stuff. The unit I bought is the APU1 usb version, plus I got the GP3 switcher adapter with the 6 ft cord.

Im sure it will take me a little while to get it all figured out, but after that if anyone needs some chip tuning let me know.

Sparkyballs
03-17-2005, 09:57 PM
wtf when were gonna tell me you bought that...you didnt happen to order a chip for my truck did you?

Anakonda69
03-17-2005, 11:21 PM
when u gonna find out how to use the hypertech for more then 1 truck ya ****?lol

PonyKiller87
03-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Yes I did get the chip, switch thing for your truck also. I should all be here on monday. And I was going to tell you when I was at your house eatin dinner Tuesday but you werent there.

Brandon Ive been searchin around and so far nothing, looks like its just the way it is.

PB86MCSS
03-18-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm looking for someone to burn me a PROM in the very near future for my TPI 350 w/Vortecs and no EGR ;). Don't plan to get my own stuff since I will be keeping the same setup at least for this year......if you think you can help let me know :thumbsup .

BadAzzGTA89
03-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Cool kev :thumbsup
Sometime this summer i will hook up with you to reprogram mine.
I am buying a house so i will be closer near 92nd and lisbon :D

GTSLOW
03-18-2005, 11:04 PM
when u gonna find out how to use the hypertech for more then 1 truck ya ****?lol

I'll sell ya mine. It works for 96-97's

PonyKiller87
03-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Well acording to the UPS tracking it should be here on Monday, which means I will probably see it sometime Wednesday, lol. The bad thing is, this week is going to be a ***** with school and work so I probably won't have time to do more than open the box and look at it.

As soon as I get it all figured out, I will start doing other peoples cars. Haven't decided how Im going to do that yet, as far as whether I tell you what parts(chip, zif board) to buy from moates, or if I will just stock a bunch of stuff. And I will be charging a small amount to do all the tuning, because it will probably take the better part of a day to do all the data logging and tuning, and of coarse this programer didn't come cheep. It will still be way less than any of the mail order ones or hypertech or anything like that though, Probably right around $100 or less when its all said and done, and if you ever needed a reprogram that would be cheeper because you have all the stuff already and it wouldn't take as much tuning. Remember these are just my thoughs and untill I try it out and see how well it goes, I really don't know for sure.

Anakonda69
03-19-2005, 03:08 PM
how much u want for it?

GTSLOW
03-19-2005, 09:53 PM
how much u want for it?

Heres somthing you might be interestead in:

Procharger kit.

6000 miles on kit

10 and 12 psi pulley's

intercooler

boost and fuel pressure gauges as extra

pm or email me for comlete details

3500 or best offer

Sparkyballs
03-20-2005, 06:49 PM
this is brandon...how much for the hypertech? i am very interested..

GTSLOW
03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I guess 100bucks? I just gotta have my uncle remove the tune for ya.

Anakonda69
03-20-2005, 10:48 PM
just let me know how to go about getting it and u got a deal...