PDA

View Full Version : best place for a dyno-tune

91-stang
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
So I have a 91 stang and am looking for a place to get a dyno tune. A place where the really know what there doing with mustangs! I live in the milwaukee/waukesha area. Thanks :thumbsup

91-stang
03-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Also about how much to you expect it to cost?

84hurst
03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, from past experience, I can tell you that Borchardt's does it, but they fu(ked up building my motor, so I would strongly suggest that you NOT go there, and besides, Mike Borchardt is a total dickhead.

ponyride00
03-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Either go to to Bob Kurgans shop or Performance plus in Madison.

Syclone0044
03-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Well, from past experience, I can tell you that Borchardt's does it, but they fu(ked up building my motor, so I would strongly suggest that you NOT go there, and besides, Mike Borchardt is a total dickhead.
Hey can you PM me with the details regarding this? Or just reply here - no difference to me. I am considering having Borchardt do my machine work and Mike seemed pretty good to work with, he had a real can-do attitude to an unusual project I presented. What did the mess up on your motor? And what makes you dislike Mike?

220mph
03-20-2005, 08:45 AM
hes a ****. simply because he is short w/ everyone and makes you feel like your wasting his time. i will never go back to borcharts. i called for an exhaust. they said they had it so i got there and "opps..you said 95? i thought you said 85.." no sorry from him for me wasting my 2hours driving around to purchase his cluddered sh*t. :thumbsup

y2kws6
03-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey can you PM me with the details regarding this? Or just reply here - no difference to me. I am considering having Borchardt do my machine work and Mike seemed pretty good to work with, he had a real can-do attitude to an unusual project I presented. What did the mess up on your motor? And what makes you dislike Mike?

I have never worked with them, but from what I heard is that you need to tell them exactly what you want and they will do that, no more no less. He does not play by ear when it comes to what you want.

Dan

Yooformula
03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I have never worked with them, but from what I heard is that you need to tell them exactly what you want and they will do that, no more no less. He does not play by ear when it comes to what you want.

Dan

I have heard the same. He will ONLY do what you ask for and you have to ask for advice if you want it, he wont just tell you something wont work. My heads were assembled by him and he was very polite and nice on the phone with me. He was even putting a rush on them and had them completed when promised. That is my ONLY experience with Bourchardt's.

DoubleAron
03-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Back to the the guys question, Contact NMRA racer and Former renagade champion Mike Post he owns a dyno in plainfield IL 847-347-5331 he is a great guy to work with. He can also tune all sorts of different engine management systems, he is also a PMS dealer. Check your PMs.